✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What collaboration would you like to see?

gryphus1

Now that collaborations are so common that even Coldplay has made one with Rihanna (with a totally beautiful result by the way), it's time to unleash your imagination: if you could choose, who would you like Coldplay to collaborate with? in my case I would pick David Guetta. This apparently freakish combo is just something that spontaneously came to my mind, maybe because both are among my favorite artists, both are becoming quite influential lately, and maybe their music styles could fit each other. Also, David Guetta is always collaborating with lots of artists, so why not with Coldplay?

Something really epic could come out of that.

Coldplay and Noel Gallagher for me. Still, I think I like collabs off of albums, I don't know why. Also, now that I've been listening to her a bit more maybe something with Bat For Lashes would be nice. But yeah, definitely Noel for me:)

PS: And if you remember R42's Brit Awards blog - there's a chance!

Coldplay and Noel Gallagher for me. Still, I think I like collabs off of albums, I don't know why. Also, now that I've been listening to her a bit more maybe something with Bat For Lashes would be nice. But yeah, definitely Noel for me:)

PS: And if you remember R42's Brit Awards blog - there's a chance!

YES I was just thinking of this! Noel is pretty good friends with Chris, too....:wink3:

It would be an interesting mix.

Other than that...hmm...

I can't think of a female artist I'd see them working with. Rihanna sounded good but I can't really see another good voice that would work with Chris's. People always say Florence from F+M, but she's so operatic and it would come out wonky in my mind. But perhaps that's just my dislike of male/female duets in general :thinking:

Jonas Bjerre pops into my head all of a sudden (of Mew). He's got an interesting vocal style...plus the whole band are very interesting with their music.

And now I see Mumford and Sons. Not really in the same genre but they have an overlap in lyrical styles occasionally, and their sound would be interesting with Coldplay.

Gah that was long but this definitely has me thinking...

Wow I just don't know most of the artists you have mentioned. :shocked2:

By the way, talking about Noel and Oasis, how is their relationship with Coldplay? I ask this because although I know almost nothing about Oasis, they are known for harshly critizicing other bands, including U2, so I just don't want to imagine what things they may have said about Coldplay

By the way, talking about Noel and Oasis, how is their relationship with Coldplay? I ask this because although I know almost nothing about Oasis, they are known for harshly critizicing other bands, including U2, so I just don't want to imagine what things they may have said about Coldplay

I think in the past Liam Gallagher may have said some harsh things about Coldplay, but Noel is actually good friends with Chris and a fan of their music :)

And I would also love to see a collaboration with Noel!

Jonas Bjerre pops into my head all of a sudden (of Mew). He's got an interesting vocal style...plus the whole band are very interesting with their music.

NOT GOOD IDEA. is a fashion band now . Johan leader of the band is gone, worked so much but for not fashion you know style Muse or Maroon 5 .

but for my part I've always wanted to see a duet A-ha & Coldplay, but they work in others more private form solos.

We will say that this is the first band Keane made ​​me go to the net in a forum Morten Harket french-swiss (website to a fan friend to Morten) there was a Norwegian fan who knew all about Morten.

So essentially because Tom sang almost like Morten , but differing tone

and I thought it was fans A-ha because I do not know keane in 2005) and it is thanks to this band that I discovered in 2005 in another form A-ha. like finding a soul inside the songs.

So but I always thought Coldplay and Keane in the past too same heart

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s73geVAKRw]Chris Martin - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp8eRwLtGWI]Coldplay and Keane music video - YouTube[/ame]

original

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKrFfp67NDQ&ob=av2n]Keane - Crystal Ball (Band Version) - YouTube[/ame]

or is same on clip crystal ball

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K64_KdHdpdE]Keane - Myth (New Song) - YouTube[/ame]

Norah Jones? Alicia Keys? Chris went crazy happy in Japan on the VLV tour when Alicia performed Clocks with Coldplay.

Yeah Alicia Keys would be another good collaborator, in fact she too strongly relies on piano just like Coldplay.

I don't think they have ever done a collaboration that really worked. Jay-Z on Lost+ comes to my mind, and then I like those Nelly Furtado song, but others were just ok or with totally disastrous results (like Lhuna, which is a strange one).

If Coldplay deside to collaborate once again with someone on album, I'd prefer it to be it in the direction of acoustic/jazz/alternative music. They've already tried rap and pop, I think its time to move somewhere else.

I totally agree with Noel Gallagher and Keane. That will be awesome.

I'd like to see collaboration with Green Day, because this could be something funny, powerful and rocks! And maybe something with Bon Iver? It will be interesting to hear both voices.

Yeah Alicia Keys would be another good collaborator, in fact she too strongly relies on piano just like Coldplay.

my sister likes well Coldplay. but it is a great fan to Alicia Keys. Jay-Z and others rappers. it really is his world of musics. and fan of Rihanna but anyway they have the same birthday date.

and off thread maybe doing the same crap at the age of 23 years of my sister's life perhaps dance drugs and rap yoo will know! hope not :confused:

Adele would be interesting. Coldplay + Adele = greatest song of all time. Iva also been thinking that it would be awesome if Coldplay and Noel Gallagher did an entire album together or EP. On another thought, it would by sweet if Coldplay did a duets album.

they are very cute these two is called the Oasis of Coldplay :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_AbBvqKtCQ](NOEL GALLAGHER & COLDPLAY) LIVE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSql-iphBBw&feature=related]yellow-chris martin and noel gallagher live - YouTube[/ame]

I would pick Travis. Fran and Chris' voice are made for each other. They performed together a gig 10 years ago in Australia. but i couldn't find any audio from that gig :cry:

YES Fran has the loveliest voice, not like Chris's but gorgeous all the same. Also Andrew Bird has this fascinating quirkyness that could add a lot to a Coldplay song. :laugh3: