✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

This Coldplaying guy ripped me off!

Batman

Hello everybody.

I finally decided to make this thread, because I thought it could be a warning and a help for other people out there as well.

So over two months ago I read this post here:

http://coldplaying.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5344178&postcount=175

and was quite delighted about the things this user offered. So I wrote him a PM and asked him how much he wanted for his stuff (I only wanted the Boxset and maybe a few vinyls).

After a few PMs and difficulties with the payment system, we decided that I pay him 90£ via foreign currency remittance, which turned out to be a big mistake.

The whole thing was settled on 1.7.2012, only one day after he made his post about selling his Coldplay stuff. He told me that he will be sending the package the next tuesday (3.7.2012).

Funny story, I still have no package, lost 90£ and I'm pretty mad right now.

I'm still wondering, he gave me his phone number, email adress and personal shipping adress (I could actually visit him and kick his ass) so is he just a bad at people ripping off, or does he just ingnore my (by now) angry messages towards him? :uneasy:

Anyways, I thought you guys should know about him, this is PISSING ME OFF so much right now, I think I'm gonna throw something out of the window :freak:

Here's the SMS conversations we had:

Hell Daniel, this is Thalia. I would like to know where my package is, since another 2 weeks passed without any delivery.

Hi Thalia, I will file a claim with the royal mail postal service for you on my dinner break today and they will see where it is.

Thank you very much!

>> about 7 hours later

Any news?

They are investigating the whereabouts

>>a month later

Oh man... Do you know how long this will take? My patience is beginning to wear thin after 46 days

>> next day without any answer from him

Could you answer my question from yesterday?

>>Sent him an email a week before this message and told him I'll tell you guys about him if my package still hasn't arrived yet

The deadline is over. Why do you have to make this so complicated? I'll tell the people now about you and contact my tomorrow.

Its the weekend, royal mail dont deliver on weekends!! They are investigating it and I cant do anything else but wait for them to contact me. I've just got in from work

So I have to wait another uncertain amount of time to hear from you?

You're only telling me important information when I'm pressing.

This whole ordeal has taken TWO MONTHS by now!I'm very displeased about it all

Me too. But the parcel is somewhere which isn't my fault. If I dont have any information to tell you then I won't pass it on.

Alright. Give me the info about the whereabouts when you have them and then we'll process from there.

Hello again.Could you send me a picture/scan of the mailing receipt,or give me the trackingnumber so that I can see where my package is?

They found it and its coming back to be this week

I would still like to see the mailing receipt

Is the parcel at your place yet?

Arrived today! It was bank holiday weekend for UK. Can you txt or email me your address again please

Hello, it doesn't have a track code im afraid. Do you have mail on weekends, if its not there over weekend I'll find out for you

Hmm thats too bad...Well yes the german mail also delivers on saturdays, but not on sundays.

Hi Thalia, I can't believe you haven't got it yet. If its not with you by thursday/Friday please text or ring me?

Yeah it's pretty frustrating. Have you asked at the post station about the whereabouts?Yes i will text you because my spoken english is pretty BAD

>> a week later

The package still hasn't arrived. It dont ant to wait any longer, over 3 months and I got nothing for my 127€!I'm canceling this order from you, it's aggravating me too much already.

You can send me the money back via paypal.

>> 2 days later

Hey plase call me back!

Hi thalia, can send.me.your bank details and ill refund you.If the package arrives please can you let me.know

So I told him I've he shall pay me back via paypal, and he still hasn't answered. And I already told him last week ARGH :angry: And this conversation up there reads like it took place over a couple of days, but the gaps between my questions and his answers always took several days, or weeks even :shame:

Does anybody want to kick his his ass in my name? :wacko:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, that sucks! :(

I am also still sad about £120 I lost to someone here offering tickets for the shows in London this year. Money gone, tickets never received, never heard back. Yeah well, the whole thing was stupid on my part as well and I should have never given money to this guy, but the things you do as a desperate fan.

Aw, that sucks! :(

I am also still sad about £120 I lost to someone here offering tickets for the shows in London this year. Money gone, tickets never received, never heard back. Yeah well, the whole thing was stupid on my part as well and I should have never given money to this guy, but the things you do as a desperate fan.

Fuck man! :sad2: Jesus Christ, that's a lot in euros..

Yeah I know right? Being a fan sucks sometimes <__<

^ foreign currency remittance basically means that I foolishly sent him money via my bank account without being covered by insurance (< I think) :shame:

I see... still, why can't people be trusted anymore these days :(

It does. It's places like here where you hope to find like-minded people, but you have to be careful everywhere, I guess. Boo!

I see... still, why can't people be trusted anymore these days :(

Yup, we had to learn by the hard way that you can't trust ANYONE :shame:

Fucking a$$holes :veryangry2:

Yup, we had to learn by the hard way that you can't trust ANYONE :shame:

Fucking a$$holes :veryangry2:

Oh Thalia, that sucks. I am so sorry for the both of you - and angry on your behalf. :veryangry2:

What can I say but quoting the boys: Thank God that EVERYTHING'S NOT LOST!

This sucks big time. :angry:

I was once ripped off by someone who pretended to sell me concert tickets, so I went to a Dutch forum http://www.opgeletopinternet.nl/ which works together with the police.

Turns out he stole money from over twenty people and together we were able to trace him via his IP address and make him pay us all back. :angry:

But that only works if he did it to more people. (And if you can find a website like that in German or English, I guess.)

Let's just hope he still sends you your stuff!

Have you ever received an e-mail from him? If so, you're probably able to locate him (or at least the computer he sent it from), to see if his personal address is legit.

He must be the dumbest thief ever if it is though. :lol:

I believe he sent his mails from his iphone :( But I can still try. What do I have to do to get his IP address?

Guest howyousawtheworld

I feel so sorry for you Twisted mind. I really don't know about internet scams but it seems that if you've got a lot of his details then you should be able to get the authorities in the UK to track him down. Don't let it drop. Relentlessly pursue him and you will get him. Don't get all Sherlock Holmes and think you can track him down yourself!

^ unfortunately I don't really know what to do to get the authorities in the UK to track him down, since I'm from Germany :(

I really don't know about this person, he gave me ALL of his details, full name, bank account, shipping address, phone number... maybe he's just a lazy idiot and still didn't get his ass up to refund me. Although I highly doubt that ...

I googled again - this time:

Wie finde ich IP adresse von einem fremden Computer

And I got several replies with this address:

https://www.google.dk/search?q=How%20to%20find%20the%20IP%20address%20of%20another%20computer%20who%20sent%20me%20an%20email&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:da:official&client=firefox-a&source=hp&channel=np

(only a few lines and then the links) - try that. I hope that it works.

One of them: How to find the sender's original IP Address using Email message ...

http://www.johnru.com/active-whois/trace-email.html - Oversæt denne side

1 Nov 2004 – Guide to tracking of emails to find sender's IP address using email headers. ... situations where you would like to know who sent a particular email message to you. ... In the case of postal mail, in principle, it is possible to write any kind of ... Received: from [computer name and/or IP address from sender] ...

Track IP-Address Just by Sending an E-mail http://techbu.com/2008/03/03/track-ip-address-just-by-sending-an-e-mail

techbu.com › Tips And Tricks

4 Mar 2008 – How to get IP address Just by sending an email: ... So finally by using this site you can simply get IP address of any person whose email address is known. ... There is someone sending me msgs on facebook from a fake profile ... How can one track the specifc computer over the LAN used to send the mail.