✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I wanna learn how to play soccer

Coldplay

And I've been looking for courses, organizations, etc. all over my city. The only introductory courses are for 4-year-olds and 5-year-olds.

I'm 15 years old and I'm an absolute novice. I have no one in my family to teach me, and I've asked all my neighbors to no avail. And while it would be a good solution to have friends who teach me skills, I have virtually no friends atm as I've been moving schools very frequently.

I've seen soccer courses at my community college but I'm not too comfortable with playing with adults that are twice my height, several of them being actually very skilled. If I don't get any replies from here, that will be my solution and I will wait the 3 months to take that course...

I live in Los Angeles if it helps. Please give me any advice, there must be someone here who plays a sport that didn't learn in their infancy.

Tash, if you're reading this, please don't move this to the Sport section. I don't feel like it truly belongs there and it would annoy me if you did. Thanks :thumbsup:

sly diggity

thats funny because where i live everybody and i mean EVERYBODY loves soccer and there are too many teams, isnt there a sports center in L.A? there must be, and you should try other high schools because they should have sport teams and i think girls usually play soccer :thinking: or start your own by asking somebody in your local community college who has excellent skillz to find young teens to play with some balls.

Tash, if you're reading this, please don't move this to the Sport section. I don't feel like it truly belongs there and it would annoy me if you did. Thanks :thumbsup:

What? I'm not the only Moderator around here :|

It's not that weird, are you going to keep going on about it? Probably.

Dee the only way of learning is to join a team and play, and get better, nobody "teaches" you it's not like riding a bike. You can learn technique of kicking a ball around with a bit of space and a wall, no one person will make a huge difference. Also you can look up different things with this new fancy internet thing, I've been playing since childhood and never knew the correct technique of kicking through a ball until a few years ago.

SOCCER LOL YANK :lol:

Thanks very much, all! Keep replying if you want, would be very helpful. :dance:

It's not that weird, are you going to keep going on about it? Probably.

Dee the only way of learning is to join a team and play, and get better, nobody "teaches" you it's not like riding a bike. You can learn technique of kicking a ball around with a bit of space and a wall, no one person will make a huge difference. Also you can look up different things with this new fancy internet thing, I've been playing since childhood and never knew the correct technique of kicking through a ball until a few years ago.

SOCCER LOL YANK :lol:

Yeah I knew it was a bit of a dumb approach but I knew that eventually I'd have/want to play with others and I found fuck all. Will try that, thanks

Also I don't know how to ride a bike. Pffft my childhood :veryangry2:

I think it may make some difference if you actually know some techiniques. It may help you when you're actually playing, as opposed to just doing it without consciousness. It goes without saying that knowing some abstract techiniques (how to move around, how to kick a ball etc) can only be of relevance if articulated with actual practise and training.

I don't know how much you watch people playing soccer/football, but it can help you to have some idea of how to move around and where to be in the field.

I pretty much suck at giving advice, but good luck anyway and I hope you can have access to appropriate conditions of learning!

Dee your new username provides much lols :lol:

Realistically though, nobody is going to coach you, I can't even imagine someone who would 'teach' soccer. Get a football (NOT AN AMERICAN FOOTBALL YANK) and any park or space you can kick it about in, look up SOCCER technique and you'll be fine.