✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bassplayers: Which songs are your favorites to play?

Golic

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... I think that "Deep Inside," has a similar bassline. Keep in mind, I think. I don't know much about bass....

I have to agree with your friends on the new bass player. I think he sucks. He just doesn't look right with them. They need to bring back the old bass player, who I think is actually my favorite bassist....

nice list man! Everything's not lost has such a sweet bass line. And the radiohead basses that you listed are brilliant.

Can you play the paranoid android one? Cos i've been trying to play it for a few weeks... ok, actually, a few months. lol And man, that bass is the devil!

In honesty, I'm actually a guitarist, but I occasionally play the bass. This has worked to my advantage I guess, because I can play lead guitar pretty well so I've transferred the technique across to the bass. I don't find it all that hard, but when I started learning the lead guitar part it took me a few months to get it nailed - now I can play it blindfolded.

Don't give up - keep going and eventually you'll get there. The bass is probably the hardest part of the song!

:lol: when i was scrolling down fast, it looked like that blue arrow was going up that .....dogs butt....hmmm...whats his name.....

nice list man! Everything's not lost has such a sweet bass line. And the radiohead basses that you listed are brilliant.

Can you play the paranoid android one? Cos i've been trying to play it for a few weeks... ok, actually, a few months. lol And man, that bass is the devil!

In honesty, I'm actually a guitarist, but I occasionally play the bass. This has worked to my advantage I guess, because I can play lead guitar pretty well so I've transferred the technique across to the bass. I don't find it all that hard, but when I started learning the lead guitar part it took me a few months to get it nailed - now I can play it blindfolded.

Don't give up - keep going and eventually you'll get there. The bass is probably the hardest part of the song!

:lol: when i was scrolling down fast, it looked like that blue arrow was going up that .....dogs butt....hmmm...whats his name.....

It took me a while to understand what the hell you're on about, but I'm assuming you're referring to my avatar.

His name's Brian. He's a character in Family Guy.

• 2 weeks later...

It took me a while to understand what the hell you're on about, but I'm assuming you're referring to my avatar.

His name's Brian. He's a character in Family Guy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I seem to do that to people and i dont mean to! Thats one thing i hate about key board and having teeth... *wonders what the gay hell that has to do with anything*

Hello Brian! Me name is julie!!

Where ye from? I know a few Brians...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I seem to do that to people and i dont mean to! Thats one thing i hate about key board and having teeth... *wonders what the gay hell that has to do with anything*

I'm even more confused than I was before.

I'm not called Brian. The dog in my avatar is called Brian. My real name is Ryan - even though it sounds similar, I can assure you it did not influence my decision to have a dog named Brian in my avatar.

I'm from a small town in North Hertforshire in the UK. I doubt you will have heard of it, (since 99% of the UK's population haven't heard of it).

Anyway, I'm rambling...

blah blah blah blah blah

I'm even more confused than I was before.

I'm not called Brian. The dog in my avatar is called Brian. My real name is Ryan - even though it sounds similar, I can assure you it did not influence my decision to have a dog named Brian in my avatar.

I'm from a small town in North Hertforshire in the UK. I doubt you will have heard of it, (since 99% of the UK's population haven't heard of it).

Anyway, I'm rambling...

blah blah blah blah blah

Ahh!! Hello Ryan!! You seem like a Brian!! May i call you Brian instead?!?! :smug: lol! thankyou for assuring me about the dog thing from Family Guy!!

honestly, that sounds familiar.

My father has/ had family in London Somewhere... i dont remember where...but that sounds familiar

Ramble on!! I insist!! :confused: :lol:

Ah, this thread owns. it's been a long time since i last posted here... so yea, my favourite songs to play...

Radiohead - i might be wrong (cool lil bass line. not as cool as the guitar riff, but still...), and where i end and you begin (it's soo awesome. i cant even describe it). Blur - girls and boys (man, i have so much fun playing it... it's scary)

And the big winner...

The Strokes - Reptilia.

Gotta luv it. seriously.

oh!

man

i thought i was the only one that played this

even just playing the verse is fun

bom bom don don na na

anyways

its sweet

haha bom bom don don na na. ha Couldn't have wrote it better.

But yea, seriously, I LUV that bass. It's so fast and intense.

Last nite's bass is awesome too.

Now i'll probably try the 12.51's bass. Sounds cool too.

Yeah, I guess John Paul Jones was a pretty great bassist.

I noticed that I like a lot of the basslines from DMB. (Stefan Lessard) Particularly "Crush."

Remember how I told you about the bass/bass drum thing, Eric? It's actually really noticeable there if you ask me.