✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What should I do for my next adventure?

Matter-Eater Lad

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha. Whenever I finally visit the UK I'll let you know. We can get coffee. Maybe you'll have read The Waves by then.

I really wanna tour Europe but with buying a car, and hopefully doing a volunteer program after graduating this spring, I'll be broke and in debt for a few years.

haha. Whenever I finally visit the UK I'll let you know. We can get coffee. Maybe you'll have read The Waves by then.

I really wanna tour Europe but with buying a car, and hopefully doing a volunteer program after graduating this spring, I'll be broke and in debt for a few years.

Quite possibly. Stuck on it at the moment.

I'm one for concepts (not in terms of the concept of the writing, more an interesting idea explained within the book), clear narratives and character development that's easily charted. It's why I don't like poetry and Shakespeare. Very little patience. I'm better at Dostoevsky than simply a book of poetry. It's bad because I know I'm missing out. I just don't care too much for descriptive writing. I'm enjoying The Waves so far but I burn out on these things quickly. Whilst it's been good I just feel I can walk away and come back whenever and it won't matter if I don't remember it all. Which is what has happened.

Quite possibly. Stuck on it at the moment.

I'm one for concepts (not in terms of the concept of the writing, more an interesting idea explained within the book), clear narratives and character development that's easily charted. It's why I don't like poetry and Shakespeare. Very little patience. I'm better at Dostoevsky than simply a book of poetry. It's bad because I know I'm missing out. I just don't care too much for descriptive writing. I'm enjoying The Waves so far but I burn out on these things quickly. Whilst it's been good I just feel I can walk away and come back whenever and it won't matter if I don't remember it all. Which is what has happened.

It's a hard book to get into.

If you want a real adventure, go to Ulaanbaatar Mongolia in the middle of the winter. If you don't die from the cold you'll die from the pollution.

I've wanted to go to Mongolia since I was a kid. There and Afghanistan. I'm almost crazy enough to go.

Is there much pollution? I'd never imagine anywhere in Mongolia being polluted.

It's a hard book to get into.

I've wanted to go to Mongolia since I was a kid. There and Afghanistan. I'm almost crazy enough to go.

Is there much pollution? I'd never imagine anywhere in Mongolia being polluted.

Oh really? Cool!

There's only a lot of pollution in the city. Mostly in the winter though. I think it's the worst pollution in the world in the winter.

030813_1.jpg

But there is some beautiful countryside in Mongolia. And if you go to Mongolia in the summer or early fall, there's some pretty nice weather.

And there are some places out of the city where you can go and stay in a ger (pictured below). It's not the most comfortable night sleep, but a fun experience.

prettyyurt%5B1%5D.jpg