✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Linux help!

StupidIntel

I hope someone on here can help me, I've tried websites and people I know...

Anyway... I just installed Red Had 9 and I am a complete noob.

After I log in I get the error:

"Could not look up internet address for localhost. ... Tt may be possible to correct the problem by adding local host to file /etc/hosts."

My question is what do I put as my local host and what do I do to change it?

FYI, Google also has a search engine which scans usenet posts ... that's always help on such issues.

My knowledge of Linuz intallation would not have been of use. I've only installed Red Hat on a couple of systems and it went smoothly each time.

So how is Linux? I've never actually seen it.

Pretty niffty, opening files and what not is a bit slower than 98 (my only other experience), but then again that could be because I did a dual boot and what not...and I'm still getting an error that I can't figure out, might be causing it. Mozilla loads a bit faster than IE, and when you're using dial up like me that's really important.

It's really different that's for sure!

So how is Linux? I've never actually seen it.

Pretty niffty, opening files and what not is a bit slower than 98 (my only other experience), but then again that could be because I did a dual boot and what not...and I'm still getting an error that I can't figure out, might be causing it. Mozilla loads a bit faster than IE, and when you're using dial up like me that's really important.

It's really different that's for sure!

If you're using dialup and a Windows system and are concerned about the speed of load I would suggest using Opera as your web browser.