✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Relationship age difference

Mollyxyloto

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an example :P.

When I was 15, I did know a girl who was dating a 24 (?mid 20s) year old, a lot of people were against it but some girls were jealous.

EDIT: I haven't found anyone my age I'm attracted to yet, maybe because they're all dickheads at the minute though.

My dad who's in his 50s usually seems to be in relationships with women about 30 years younger than him. It was a little bit weird at first but I've got used to it now, and they usually seem happy together so I guess that's fine :shrug:

I've only ever been with people within two years age of me, but that's because I can relate to them a lot more as they are going through similar things to me. I imagine when I'm older I'll be more flexible in that area, as life get's less hectic after the teenage years, but I don't wish to be in the position of starting up a relationship again as that would mean this one would have ended.

And that'd be fucking awful.

Yeah, I think I'd find it a bit weird too.

But what I’m trying to say is, more people still think that a romantic relationship is ideal when it’s between an older man and a younger woman. Specifically, four years and four months older, which was the average “ideal” age gap as reported by a survey of 2,000 adults. While slightly less than half of people said there was no ideal age gap (good call, sensible people), 33% of women wanted a guy up to seven years older than them, while only one out of a hundred women preferred a younger man.

http://www.glamour.com/sex-love-life/blogs/smitten/2013/03/guess-how-many-years-makes-the.html

That'd be weird for me if a parent dated someone close to my age.

Haha, maybe I exaggerated a bit with my previous post. I don't know how old my dad's current girlfriend is but I wouldn't say she's close to my age. Probably closer to 30.

Every case to be treated on its individual merits. If it feels good then it's fine, but be aware that if you are especially young then you may be in a vulnerable position. Not necessarily but the chances are increased. Then there is being able to cope with being so separated in terms of what you are going through/have been through in life. If you can cope with it then fair enough. It's something to find out through experience with the person I guess. Then you've got the potential that you may be compatible with the person because they are immature for their age. The downside to this is that you may mature and outgrow them in the future.

If none of these things apply, then the problem is with the other people making assumptions and viewing the relationship from the outside. I'm sure there are compatible people of various ages out there.

I would still find it weird if a 70 year old was going out with anyone under 45 though. Or a teenager was going out with someone in their late twenties or older.

Yeah, I've never gone out with anyone younger.

Once had a three way snog (was weird but interesting) with two girls who turned out to be late twenties as they thought I was older. I was 17. They seemed embarrassed. I wasn't complaining. (I'll point out I didn't lie about my age. They came up to me and asked me if I wanted one so I was drunk enough to smile and say yes. Those were different times).