✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Relationship age difference

Mollyxyloto

But how many of those engagements have led to marriage?

I know someone who has been engaged for a few years, neither have plans to tie the knot officially.

One of them got married earlier this year and the other two are planning to get married in about a year's time.

I had a few friends who got engaged when we were younger but they weren't seriously planning their wedding, they just decided to get married at some point.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably have a really weird opinion on this, but this is my personal preference on it.

Older: I don't really care too much about the numbers on this at all, honestly. I actually tend to be attracted more to older men. :uhoh:

Younger: For some reason, dating someone younger would bother me more. I suppose most of that is because I'm 23 now, and going too much younger would make me feel like a creepy older woman. I think I would go with a max of two years younger than me.

Personally I tend to like people around my own age (give or take a few yrs), however I have nothing at all against age differences in relationships. Age is just another personal characteristic, like hair colour or whatever. People have their preferences which I respect. Also it is often the person you fall in love with, other than their attributes, like age. As long as both parties are happy, I am all for it!

I've nothing against someone going for somebody a lot older at a young age, but I guess I always have sneaking suspicions for the other person in that relationship, and always question their motives.

Well, I mean, I'm not a gold digger or anything. It's just that, for whatever reason, I'm more attracted to guys that aren't necessarily in my age group. Perhaps part of it is the fact that I feel like I can't relate to a lot of people in my own age group? :shrug:

• 3 weeks later...
we connect in a incredible way.

bow chicka, a bow bow

anyway i could probably go no lower than 17 or 18 and no higher than... say 23? i feel if i went too high they'd either be way too seperate in life experience or be a bit of a manbaby

The specific age difference would vary from person to person based on my rule of thumb, but here it is (with the endpoints referring to the gender of the person with whom you are in a relationship with):

your oldest kid's* age < your significant other's age < your parent's age

* if applicable and if legal

My age +-5 is the simplest "rule".

Anything younger than my sister (18) is kinda ew to me and I prefer someone who's been to collage cos that experience changed me a lot.

The upper limit is directly proportional to the amount of $$$ they have so cougars are welcome Madonna I am available.

(I'm 24, for reference.)