✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Relationship age difference

Mollyxyloto

My age +-5 is the simplest "rule".

Anything younger than my sister (18) is kinda ew to me and I prefer someone who's been to collage cos that experience changed me a lot.

The upper limit is directly proportional to the amount of $$$ they have so cougars are welcome Madonna I am available.

(I'm 24 for reference.)

Weirdo.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol to clarify, that was half-serious, and I would never date an underaged girl, even though that's become increasingly common, it's still disgusting. Also the emphasis was not supposed to be at all on the fact that my sister is 18, if she were 30 it would still apply, kinda like the thing NumbersGirl said, but it came out wrong, I'm sorry.

I'm not a creeper and I never told anyone to take their tops off, that was a dumb joke involving a rumored "topless Coldplay video" for which I apologized. If I remember correctly, the comment was about everyone, no one specific, let alone underaged.

ive seen it and it tends not work.. Initally sex / physical needs may be enough to keep it going..

but after time the most important , emotional and mental needs... suffer.

I once shared a flat and they had a couple in at one stage, he was 48 she was 21 .. it was horrible to put up with.

ive seen it and it tends not work.. Initally sex / physical needs may be enough to keep it going..

but after time the most important , emotional and mental needs... suffer.

I don't think that's necessarily true. I was seeing a guy who was 14 years older than me for a while and it and it definitely wasn't just about sex. We'd sometimes stay up all night talking to each other and he was one of the most interesting people I've ever met. It didn't work out because we were in very different places but it probably would have been the same if I had met him when he was 10 years younger.

27 years really is a lot though. I can't imagine dating someone who is my dad's age.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend is getting married to a guy 7 years older than her. Perhaps it got me thinking a bit on question of age in relationships. I used to think that difference in age of more than 2-3 years was weird and generally not good.

But my friend and her fiancee seem to work perfectly as a couple, they even look the same age, I wouldn't even know he was older if they didn't tell.

As time goes, I think I tend to accept age difference much more. After all, the more people I meet, the more I understand that maturity sometimes has nothing to do with age and also, when you fall in love, you don't really count years. So yes, relationship with age gap can work. Though I still see age difference of more than 15 years as suspicious and more than 20 as very suspicious.

My friend is getting married to a guy 7 years older than her. Perhaps it got me thinking a bit on question of age in relationships. I used to think that difference in age of more than 2-3 years was weird and generally not good.

But my friend and her fiancee seem to work perfectly as a couple, they even look the same age, I wouldn't even know he was older if they didn't tell.

As time goes, I think I tend to accept age difference much more. After all, the more people I meet, the more I understand that maturity sometimes has nothing to do with age and also, when you fall in love, you don't really count years. So yes, relationship with age gap can work. Though I still see age difference of more than 15 years as suspicious and more than 20 as very suspicious.

someone once told me that it is better for a woman to get married to a man who is like 6 years or older. her reason for saying this was that if there was such a large gap the woman would respect the man more while the man would pamper her and take good care of her....to me, what i believe is that once there is love it does not matter what age you are (although there are some age differences that make you gag)...