✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mixtape Exchange #16 [Mixtapes due 25/11]

Cyan Kat

I think it's great that so many of us in the exchange are so willing to let their tape makers have such a lax creative license.

Now that I've said that, I'd like to make that point to the person making my tape. I'm actually pretty open to discovering new things; I'm on the hunt for new music all the time. I'm not fond of everything (I'm not a fan of country or musicals), but if you think you can find something I normally wouldn't like that might actually fit the bill, then by all means put it on there. I can't find out whether I'll like something or not unless I hear it. Don't be afraid to explore. :nice:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try Sendspace or something, Mediafire has a new copyright policy.

That's not the problem. I can't even get that far because it won't upload my damn file. >_<

Anyway, doesn't Sendspace have like a 7 day limit or something before it expires and you have to reupload it? I'm kinda afraid to upload it now if that's the case. What if I upload it now, yet my partner doesn't have time to download it until some time late next week? :anxious:

reminder for those who are unsure of how to remove track names/artists etc.

(You will need some sort of program to compress files, 7zip, winrar etc.)

1. Create a list of all the songs and the order to which you want to include them

2. Create a new folder and copy all the mp3 files of the songs you want to include, then give them all numbers, you can also give them new titles (but just make sure that the number is included.)

3. Give all the files the same artist and album name.

4. Go into the properties of each file and delete any artwork already there.

5. Check all info is deleted by opening the folder in itunes or whatever you use.

6. Right click on the folder with the files in and if you have compression programs installed you can select "add to zip" or "add to rar".

7. It's good to check that you can open them again using the same program, then to upload it to a filesharing site though i wouldn't advise mediafire or rapidshare as they tend to delete files. ((i hear mega.co.nz is good))

Question: Does it have to be MP3? I'm a big fan of AAC M4A files myself. It's the type of audio encoding that iTunes uses to distribute music, so it's not one of those weird bare-unplayable file types like FLAC.

I'd kill anybody that forces me to download a FLAC mixtape with like 1GB of files (I exaggerate, but still a valid point) :D

Don't think that could be a problem, only if virtually everyone else would use MP3 and you were the only Apple guy. But that seems unlikely.