✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What can we do to save the forum?

Blakexy1125

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a new forum that was created when this one was closed, but it's impossible to move everything onto it I think, we have to start again and my main concern is the huge archive that this forum is, all the multimedia and information etc.

I actually don't think that option b) is really that unlikely, there used to be an official Coldplay forum in the past and Debs Wild has an account on here and has done a lot for coldplaying in the past, like for example the Postcards From Far Away project.

At the same time, what data would you want to move from this site to another site? The b-sides and whatnot are all over the web and i'm sure most of us have everything (b-sides, bootlegs) that we wanted already anyways.

Also, i'm curious as to where everyone migrated to. I for one struggled to find a good site. I jumped to ColdplayZone and had to translate everything which was a hastle, tried a site suggested in the comments of that 'farewell' news article and eventually settled on r/Coldplay in reddit.

At the same time, what data would you want to move from this site to another site? The b-sides and whatnot are all over the web and i'm sure most of us have everything (b-sides, bootlegs) that we wanted already anyways.

Also, i'm curious as to where everyone migrated to. I for one struggled to find a good site. I jumped to ColdplayZone and had to translate everything which was a hastle, tried a site suggested in the comments of that 'farewell' news article and eventually settled on r/Coldplay in reddit.

Yeah, we have everything, but a fanbase grows... There's coldplaybootlegs but I've never understood that; is it me or are there only torrents over there (I hate torrents).

Plus, it's not all about coldplay, this forum is more than discussions about Coldplay. I've made friends on here and we have Secret Santa and the Scrapbook :\

*link removed* is the board that was created, we will keep it running anyways, whether coldplaying disappears or not, so feel free to join :)

There is no reason to move anything anywhere. A lot of the stuff on this website is irrelevant to a Coldplay fan. It is to me anyway! I don't come here to discuss cookery or see naked pictures of Chris etc. We just need a platform to discuss Coldplay and that's it.

I would rather stop posting than start over somewhere else. But I'm still hopeful everything will work out in the end.

To be honest, discussing the songs is all well and good, but the brilliance of Coldplaying is the amount of news I got from it. If we could just get a group of people to continue finding those news links and post them on Twitter at least that would be the minimum that I would need.

And Tash, if i'm not mistaken, you're fairly good at posting things in a timely fashion ;). I also recently started noticing a "T" at the end of some of Coldplaying's tweets, might that be you? If the site goes belly up, do you have your own twitter where you may continue doing this?

And Tash, if i'm not mistaken, you're fairly good at posting things in a timely fashion. I also recently started noticing a "T" at the end of some of Coldplaying's tweets, might that be you?

Yes, that's me : )

If the site goes belly up, do you have your own twitter where you may continue doing this?

I have a Twitter account but I don't think it's very likely I will do that :\

Did you try Coldplayers?

I have invested a lot of time in this place, and I'm very attached to it. Hopefully everything will work out.:nod:

Did you try Coldplayers?

I have invested a lot of time in this place, and I'm very attached to it. Hopefully everything will work out.:nod:

I think that's the one that was mentioned in the comments section of the news article explaining they were gonna sell the site

So would I, but there's a big difference between kicking in a few dollars and buying the site.

It would be cool if the band bougt the site, but of course we would lose Multimedia...and all our dirty little secrets and fangirliness would be known to them, lol.:wink3:

So would I, but there's a big difference between kicking in a few dollars and buying the site.

It would be cool if the band bougt the site, but of course we would lose Multimedia...and all our dirty little secrets and fangirliness would be known to them, lol.:wink3:

We could start something like a indiegogo to save the website but then you'd still have to find someone to run it.

Why?

If the band buys this site, they (or at least their management) wont be too happy with their b-sides going away for free.

We could start something like a indiegogo to save the website but then you'd still have to find someone to run it.

But from what I understand it`s not just buying the site, its maintaining the site. Maintaining the site will require a steady stream of money being pumped into it as long as the site exists and not just a one time sum.