✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What can we do to save the forum?

Blakexy1125

Okay maybe he told them to only avoid the "Coldplay" section.

or maybe he didn't and they're reading what where writing right NOW :V

Hai Phil! :cheesy:

But in all seriousness, please consider buying this site, it means a lot to us and even though we seem crazy and weird, we can act like normal human beings too, we just don't really like it : )

Wait, Phil lurks here?! :o When did you guys know that?

I think he told Ian once :thinking:

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I would really really love to help with anything regarding Coldplaying.

I have a lot of experience in web maintenance (some in web design [which I love], but I mostly work doing web maintenance with different companies and universities [i.e. making sure everything is working and up to date, running tests, making backups])

I wouldn't even want to get paid, I would love to volunteer to do anything to save Coldplaying!

I don't think anyone has the money to buy the website, and honestly, it would be pretty tough to just start over.

What if there was a way let everyone/anyone chip in some and make some sort of big money pot that can keep the site alive?

(Or..yeah..Coldplay could buy the site :P )

I don't think anyone has the money to buy the website, and honestly, it would be pretty tough to just start over.

What if there was a way let everyone/anyone chip in some and make some sort of big money pot that can keep the site alive?

Well there's a donation option on the top of this page :thinking:

Agreed, I use reddit we need to have a counter like that.

If CPing stays alive, to keep up with operating cost we need to have some kind of subscription service, if you pay 3 dollars a month you get X,X,X features. This would cover operating costs and would keep the servers up.

Or we can have a reddit gold type system, if someone makes a really good comment give them a CP Butterfly, this would cost what maybe 3 dollars? and gives them a month subscription to CPing gold edition, access to special part of the forum and so on, this could also contain the best tabs for all the songs for us musicians, could contain special created Wallpapers that could be updated every month or so, also the people with the CP Butterfly are put first in line for the giveaways like the spare LRLRLR thread. Also remove ads if they buy this CP Butterfly/month subscription.

This would help with operating cost and possibly a little more revenue on top.

Also to cut costs remove the sub sections like: Technologalicized, entertainment and arts and news and sports to cut down the costs of keeping those up. I'm sure those are cheap but every bit counts.

Edit: We could also do a monthly raffle system with whatever money is left over if the CPing gold edition thing works and give people who have it an extra 5 raffle entries? something small like under 25 dollars for the item, it would be a good way to raise money for the sight even if its small.

We need to know the amounts of money that would keep this forum go on for a month/ three months or a year and the numbers of activate users that come here everyday or at least 2-3 times a week.

I don't have $10000 to buy the site but I'm happy to pay 5-10$ every month and I'm sure many of us will do it to save the site.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Well, it's really up to Ian and the others, but I would like to hear his answer to the title of this thread. What (if anything) can the membership offer to keep the site from being sold? I'd PM him, but I bet he's already had a flood of PMs. And if he was going to answer here he probably would have by now. But a girl can dream...;)

I also have a lot of things saved but in the moment I have absolutely no free time on my hands (Our World Championships are coming up - hell, I should not even BE on this forum!). Concerts and interviews are one thing, but what about all the concert reviews - I think they are worth saving, too, but much harder to save and sort.

Crowdfounding is a godd idea, but as mentioned before that does not cover the maintaining costs. Most big sites have no option sooner or later than having to take a fee from it's members. I would be fine with that as long as it's reasonable. But probably most would then decide not leave the forum which means that not enough fees get in.

I would volunteer but right now is like the worst time i don't even have time to properly go through the new threads :bomb:

But yeah I can totally help to save a little of the immense "archive" that we have here :nod:

I just reread this thread and I want to comment on some things.

Coldplay used to have their own forum but it was closed because of fights/discussions so I don't see why they would buy this forum and get to deal with stuff like that again. And it wouldn't be really fair to other Coldplay forums, you can't help one forum out and "ignore" the rest of them.

Keeping the site running might be a bigger problem than finding a buyer. You have to invest monthly to keep it going and it takes quite a lot of time to take care of everything. Asking people to pay a monthly fee sounds like a good idea but a lot of people will back out when it comes to actually paying up. A new website will eventually start having the same problems. You will have to start paying for data use and improvements to the site.

I just reread this thread and I want to comment on some things.

Coldplay used to have their own forum but it was closed because of fights/discussions so I don't see why they would buy this forum and get to deal with stuff like that again. And it wouldn't be really fair to other Coldplay forums, you can't help one forum out and "ignore" the rest of them.

Keeping the site running might be a bigger problem than finding a buyer. You have to invest monthly to keep it going and it takes quite a lot of time to take care of everything. Asking people to pay a monthly fee sounds like a good idea but a lot of people will back out when it comes to actually paying up. A new website will eventually start having the same problems. You will have to start paying for data use and improvements to the site.

100% agree with this :nod:

We do need to find someone by March 15 though, right?

My understanding is that after it closes, the forum will just stop. We need to know if that is correct so we can hurry our ass off to actually DO something. 10 days is nothing. The priority here seems to find someone dedicated (and, um, wealthy) enough to agree to take over. Figuring out a long-term system that would suit this community the best might take more than 10 days.

:(

Ok well we need to find someone. We need to let more people know that CPing is up for sale.

edit: and the backup thing.

I think these are our two priorities right now. If the site's going down, we should try to save what we can save so that we're not left with having to start from end LP5-LP6 era (I'm taking into account all the reviews here).