✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Cologne Tickets for E-work through eventim.de were rigged

morphie1337

Hi Guys,

I would just like to inform you that eventim.de is playing a not so clean game.

I live in Belgium (work as an IT professional, semi-relevant) and knew beforehand that the ticket sale was going on at 0900 CET.

I live in CET, put my alarm to gogo at 8.45, and created my eventim.de account long beforehand.

I also asked eventim.de to send me the alarm-mail when the tickets became available, because they themselves never said on their website it was going to be at 0900 CET, however I had that information from coldplay.com, and was definately not going to wait for the alarm mail.

So there I am, about 1 hour ago, logged in, hitting the refresh button.

Sure enough, at 0900 CET, they become green. at 0900.01 seconds, I have google translate running, brainlessly put two tickets in the basket, click the proceed button (we're at about 0900.10 seconds here) and get told that no tickets are available for chosen concert.

what. the.

Seconds later I get the alarm email.

This my dear friends , was a setup.

I'm not going to go as far as saying that I am the fastest person on the internet, but I was thoroughly prepared and was putting them in the basket mere SECONDS after they became available. It's kinda hard to believe that 2500 people did the same, and payed their tickets within 10 seconds or so. Thats just a load of bullcrap, I'm sorry.

I called them, while they don't speak english that good, they just said that their system was not working properly, didnt know if there were tickets available or not, and couldn't sell me tickets through the phone for some reason. I was very polite !

I'm really sad that things went this way.

EDIT:

Aaaaahhhh lo and behold, the corruption starts (only 1 hour after the tickets 'became available'): 500 poungs for tickets

http://www.worldticketshop.com/concerts/coldplay_tickets/202591_coldplay_cologne?utm_source=Affilinet%20Coldplay&utm_medium=affiliate-network&utm_campaign=Productfeed&utm_source=Affilinet&utm_medium=affiliate-network&utm_campaign=Affilinet&affmt=2&affmn=138

At this point I'm going to go as far as saying that eventim.de might be keeping a bunch and reselling them.

Tickets are held for 13 minutes after you put them in your basket unless you refresh the page or anything else happens.

they were sitting in my basket at 0900.01 seconds. when i clicked to the next page at 2-3 seconds after 0900 CET WITH the tickets in my basket, they said there were 'no more tickets avaialble for this concert'

they just said that their system was not working properly

Are you sure it was a eventim problem? I guess 100.000 people were trying and 2000 were lucky enough to get tickets. I put my tickets in the basket about 5 seconds after 9 am but couldn't close the deal.

they were sitting in my basket at 0900.01 seconds. when i clicked to the next page at 2-3 seconds after 0900 CET WITH the tickets in my basket, they said there were 'no more tickets avaialble for this concert'

Exactly what happened to almost everyone on here.

Realize that the ticket status you see on the page where you put tickets into your basket isn't displayed realtime. The status it shows is from the moment you load the page. Everyone who tried to get tickets at 9 am precise had the possibility to add tickets to their basket. However, selecting the amount of tickets on that page, doesn't link those tickets to your account. They are linked to you the page after that one. In those 2 - 3 seconds you spent adding tickets to your basket, all tickets had already been reserved by others. You can't blame Eventim for that. The only thing you can blame them for is that their ticketing system is a bit outdated and doesn't show the realtime ticket availability status.

Damn, it's gonna be even harder to get London tickets! I just hope our fibre optic broadband gives me the extra milliseconds. I hope that woman that won tickets on the radio feels proud sitting there with no idea of what any of the lyrics are. I also hope she gets a kick out of knowing that someone more deserved should be sitting in her place!

EDIT:

Aaaaahhhh lo and behold, the corruption starts (only 1 hour after the tickets 'became available'): 500 poungs for tickets

http://www.worldticketshop.com/concerts/coldplay_tickets/202591_coldplay_cologne?utm_source=Affilinet%20Coldplay&utm_medium=affiliate-network&utm_campaign=Productfeed&utm_source=Affilinet&utm_medium=affiliate-network&utm_campaign=Affilinet&affmt=2&affmn=138

At this point I'm going to go as far as saying that eventim.de might be keeping a bunch and reselling them.

How is that even possible? Those tickets are tied to the buyer. Everyone had to provide personal information and upon entering E-Werk you were going to be asked to show your ID. No matching credentials on your ID and ticket -> No entry.