✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

All Your Friends - your review

Sparky

I am compiling an ultimate Coldplaying fan review of Ghost Stories.

It will be posted on the main site shortly after the best review for each song on the album is picked, your name will be listed in credit should your review be chosen! Closing date is Monday 26th May

Get your writing fingers ready! Good luck! :)

You can also vote in the poll too, out of 10 which will be interesting as its usually only when a pre-album single is released.

All Your Friends is notably the darkest track on Ghost Stories Deluxe Edition. The misty atmosphere, leading bass guitar, Massive Attack style drumbeat, and echoing guitar are very reminiscent of the The xx. In many ways, I imagine this song belonging on an album with Moving To Mars, as often the electronics and piano become deep, spacey and sharp. It certainly sounds like a Coldplay B-side, as it is difficult to classify in their discography, but the track is very enjoyable and fresh sounding. The lyrics are overall decent, and I especially like the electronic flare at the end of Chris' "fire." Most of all, it does a wonderful job in balancing live instrumentation with production value, something that Ghost Stories as a whole could have done better, making this track very welcome.

8/10

All Your Friends sounds like a Sigur Ros song, which is brilliant as Sigur Ros are one of the best bands of the last 20 years. The hook of "fiiiiiiiiiiirrrreeeee" is extremely catchy. Sounds like an album opener, so if it was between this and AIMH to open the album, I'm glad they chose AIMH. This song is good, but not on the "full" album for a reason.

7/10

It's my favourite from the album! I love everything about, they lyrics are not corny like with the rest of the songs, the bass is great, the drum beat is great and I love how Chris sings it, it has got that '80 vibe to it that makes it so great! I voted 9, because if it had a guitar solo than it was worth a 10, but 9 is really I don't normally give such high rates to new songs

"All your friends"

Very interesting song in a musical way. I really like instrumental and I want to hear it live. Lyrics of this song is even more interesting. It's very metaphoric and I need some more time to understand. I don't know what to say. "All your friends" just makes me think and I love it.

One can see that this song did not fit in the album. However, that does not mean that it is not a good song. A predominant bass and very dark lyrics, it is obvious that it belongs to the Ghost Stories era for the repeated drum beats and bass line. "Open fire" is the central message that Chris wants to convey, in a song that is probably about the influence of friends in relationships or a marriage. It ends abruptly. Definitely a very dark song but not so great Coldplay song.

5/10.

It doesnt fit the album, but it's in my opinion the best bside from this album.

The beat is nice and thats important to like a song. The atmossphere is typical Coldplay, sounds more like there 2 first albums.

If any track on this album could have been placed directly on Viva, it's this one. It's one of the most original songs they've produced, which made me completely ecstatic on first listen. And it still does! The guitar break at the end (which reminds me of a piano) is great, and I looove how Chris sings, "Fiiiiiiire." throughout the song. Very nice to hear something like this. I can completely see, however, why this wouldn't fit on the album, but it makes for a very good B-side.

4/5

its pretty good for a bonus track could be an album track on VLV

Love the verses its so magical

the start of the song sends shivers down my spine and sets the mood for the song, makes me nostalgic

All your friends and Open Firreee parts are magic chris vocals and emotions yet again never fail on the song

8/10

• 1 month later...

I really enjoyed this song right from the first listen! I love it's down beat low key feel that it has! I also like how it never really grows into something big, there is no real big climax. This song is very relaxing which is what Coldplay does best! I'd give it a 7/10!