✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories and Magic Lithographs that were recently sold at coldplay.com are not lithographs

pmorcos

For anyone who has purchased a Ghost Stories or Magic Lithograph for US$75 on the Coldplay store, these items are not lithographs nor are they numbered.

They are in fact printed posters. You can contact the store for a refund at this time.

For anyone who has purchased a Ghost Stories or Magic Lithograph for US$75 on the Coldplay store, these items are not lithographs nor are they numbered.

They are in fact printed posters. You can contact the store for a refund at this time.

Wow what a rip off!

Thanks Coldplay.com. An official site selling unofficial crap. A $10 poster for $75.

Watch out for them on eBay as well. I'm sure they will pop up there as soon as people find out they wasted their money they will try to get some back.

Thanks Coldplay.com. An official site selling unofficial crap. A $10 poster for $75.

Watch out for them on eBay as well. I'm sure they will pop up there as soon as people find out they wasted their money they will try to get some back.

By definition, it's official merch. That doesn't mean it wasn't misrepresented (intentionally or otherwise, though the fact that they're apparently giving out refunds tends to suggest it's the latter.)

I would point out that the word "lithograph" is more broadly applied now than it has traditionally been in the past to include a variety of cheaper forms more properly classed as "prints" (posters). Be careful when you buy something like that, and not just from coldplay.com.

I would point out that the word "lithograph" is more broadly applied now than it has traditionally been in the past to include a variety of cheaper forms more properly classed as "prints" (posters).

When I see today's... "lithographs" I always cringe. I made them myself on a freaking stone and a 100 years old German cast iron squeezing machine :lol:

Now you just get a thicker paper with a cheap print on it :|

On 30.05.14 I got an e-mail from [email protected] saying:

"[...] Thank you for your recent order of a Magic lithograph from the Coldplay Store. Unfortunately, due to a production issue, you received a copy that was not hand numbered. We will ship out a replacement lithograph that is hand numbered at no additional cost to you. This will arrive in the next '7 business days'. Apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience which this causes. [...]"

Anyone else?

• 3 weeks later...