✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Campaign launched to give Coldplay frontman Chris Martin Freedom of Exeter

grids

6455179-large.jpg

He has sold millions of records and achieved world-wide acclaim as the frontman of supergroup Coldplay but frontman Chris Martin could be set for his greatest accolade yet - the Freedom of Exeter.

A campaign is gathering support for Chris' homeicon1.png city of Exeter to recognise his achievements.

The bid that was launched on facebook under the banner 'Chris Martin for Freedom of Exeter Award' and has attracted nearly 200 likes in just a few days.

Those behind the campaign have attempted to enlist the support of Exeter MP Ben Bradshaw, the Lord Mayor Percy Prowse and other members of Exeter Cityicon1.png Council.

The page states: "Chris Martin, lead singer of Coldplay, is yet to be recognised by his hometown. Please like this page so we can bring it to the attention of Exeter City Council."

Chris Martin was brought up in Whitestone near Exeter and returned in 2009 for a special home-coming concert at Exeter Castle.

The award dates back to the 13th century and recent recipients include civic dignitaries such as David Morrish, who stood down after 50 years in 2011, historic figures such as Lord Nelson and military regiments with links to the city.

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Campaign-launched-Coldplay-frontman-Chris-Martin/story-21741298-detail/story.html

I'm sure he would love to have the freedom of Exeter, and (if like London) that will mean he can avail of these amazing privileges:

.An 'impressive sealed certificate

.The right to drive sheep and cattle through the city

.The right to a silken rope, if hanged

.The right to carry a (his) naked sword in public

.The right to be sent home in a taxi and not arrested if found bladdered out of his head

Pretty nifty prizes I reckons :wacky:

I'm sure he would love to have the freedom of Exeter, and (if like London) that will mean he can avail of these amazing privileges:

.The right to be sent home in a taxi and not arrested if found bladdered out of his head

no right to be the first to use the common spittoon even if thers a queue? damn

I will be posting this in an article shortly, think it has around 200 likes atm, hopefully we can get it to the thousands, I admire the determination the guy running it has and Chris deserves this for sure, from the place of his birth :D

is no one else going to comment on Chris carrying his naked sword in public :wink3:

Photoshop potential here *wink*

Could Chris Martin from Coldplay be in line for the Freedom of the City?

u4ypupeh.jpg

Coldplay singer Chris Martin could be line for another accolade - the Freedom of a Devon City.

A campaign is gathering support for the front man's home city of Exeter to recognise his achievements.

The bid that was launched on Facebook under the banner 'Chris Martin for Freedom of Exeter Award' and has attracted more than 300 likes in just a few days. A Twitter page @AwardChris has also been set up.

Those behind the campaign have attempted to enlist the support of Exeter MP Ben Bradshaw, the Lord Mayor Percy Prowse and other members of Exeter City Council.

The page states: "Chris Martin, lead singer of Coldplay, is yet to be recognised by his hometown. Please like this page so we can bring it to the attention of Exeter City Council."

Chris Martin was brought up in Whitestone near Exeter and returned in 2009 for a special home-coming concert at Exeter Castle.

The award dates back to the 13th century and recent recipients include civic dignitaries such as David Morrish, who stood down after 50 years in 2011, historic figures such as Lord Nelson and military regiments with links to the city.

http://www.middevongazette.co.uk/Chris-Martin-Coldplay-line-Freedom-City/story-21746660-detail/story.html

• 1 month later...