✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ode to Hypnofeed

Christa42

I was a HUGE fan of Hypnofeed, as were so many others. I think of it every time I see a great, inspiring, funny or creative vid and I say "Damn, I wish I could submit that to Hyonofeed" And I miss it a lot. Imitation is the highest form of flattery, so they say. I wanted to create a thread where ppl could post interesting vids that they would love to share and have ppl to see. I have wanted to do this for a while. I wanted to start this with something that meant a lot to me.

Last May, one of my friends and neighbors growing up lost his son. It was devastating and it affected me tremendously. His son, Brendan was about the same age as my son. I went to a concert fundraiser last Sunday for Brendan and this song was sung as I was hugging his father, my neighborhood childhood friend who I walked to school with, cut through our neighbors yards with, went to parties with, played in the park with , graduated junior high and high school with. This is Brendan's cousin singing. It was an incredible moment and I will never forget it. Mind you, I would love ppl to post funny and silly vids too, vids that get a reaction out of you. My cat is stepping on my keyboard right now so if there is a typo sowwwy. Random, I know. And if you can suggest a better name for the thread that would be great!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JMBdA84fmGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea! I miss the Hypnofeed as well, there were some really fascinating/interestig videos on there :sad:

And this thread is great, because sometimes I find really great videos or articles that I'd like to share with you guys but none of the exsisting threads fit to them and I'm too lazy to create a new one lol :dozey:

So this is what I found a couple of days ago:

[video=vimeo;79098420]

Flexible Muscle-Based Locomotion for Bipedal Creature

We present a control method for simulated bipeds, in which both the muscle routing and control parameters are discovered through optimization. All motion is generated using 3D simulated muscles, and neural delay is included for all feedback paths. No motion capture or key frame animation was used in any of the results.

It may look all funny and not that impressive, but keep in mind that the models walking in this simulation are walking on their own. The people who invented this didn't program them to walk, the simulation itself lets the models walk, it learned that by itself, just by letting them walk and walk over and over again until their walking pattern worked and didn't fail anymore.

Now, what baffled me the most was at the 2:00 mark. That model looks like a abstract dinosaur. Or, like a bird if you look at its legs. And the program copied the EXACT SAME running pattern birds are using. Just found it out by itself by trial and error. I think that's pretty darn mind-blowing. Imagine what other things this program could find out, if for example you invent some kind of three legged creature, and this program will find out for you how it could walk naturally.

So yeah, that's my geeky contribution to this thread ahah :wacky:

Great idea! I miss the Hypnofeed as well, there were some really fascinating/interestig videos on there :sad:

And this thread is great, because sometimes I find really great videos or articles that I'd like to share with you guys but none of the exsisting threads fit to them and I'm too lazy to create a new one lol :dozey:

So this is what I found a couple of days ago:

[video=vimeo;79098420]

It may look all funny and not that impressive, but keep in mind that the models walking in this simulation are walking on their own. The people who invented this didn't program them to walk, the simulation itself lets the models walk, it learned that by itself, just by letting them walk and walk over and over again until their walking pattern worked and didn't fail anymore.

Now, what baffled me the most was at the 2:00 mark. That model looks like a abstract dinosaur. Or, like a bird if you look at its legs. And the program copied the EXACT SAME running pattern birds are using. Just found it out by itself by trial and error. I think that's pretty darn mind-blowing. Imagine what other things this program could find out, if for example you invent some kind of three legged creature, and this program will find out for you how it could walk naturally.

So yeah, that's my geeky contribution to this thread ahah :wacky:

Good find!

My sister is a head of animation at the uni. She knows how to create this demoreel very well :wacky:

She's a lucky girl to get that role indeed. Not even applying the job but certainly got an offer after her close friend passed away and she got the job due to replacement last year. *All of the sudden chat*

• 3 weeks later...

FRom Sploid - Link http://sploid.gizmodo.com/new-york-has-never-been-photographed-like-in-these-new-1678761224

These pics are amazing

gywxq7gzbmnht48ivzht.jpg

txocbt12bwqzwsvx3yep.jpg

j1dyxx6cdz8fwecdu6bt.jpg

m3hhhbhatbofu5whiqgm.jpg

This video is a "Making of" for the shoot, uber cool

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/115292381" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/115292381">Gotham From Above</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/davegeffin">David Geffin</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

How I miss you Hypnofeed. I saw this vid and it made me think of all the friends I have around the world because of Coldplay and Coldplaying.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UGnrT0F-Igs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• 2 weeks later...