✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-12-05] Coldplay On Jonathan Ross show

Oh, sorry to hear that. Yes, memories and music become linked so easily and when the memories are bad, the music becomes tainted.

Although, you know what helps ? Listening to a piece over and over again. At first it will be hard. But gradually when you've listened to it again and again and again the original emotional connections begin to fade and it becomes more neutral again. Trust me, I've experienced that.

• Like 1

*LOL* "Yes Leo, explain to me what your clearly deluded and crazy eyes see..." hehe Ok here is the official Leo guide on "how you see the goat"

This works best at a distance, not too close up otherwise you clearly see its not a goat. So from a distance you can see the overall shape is that of a goat head with a hanging long ear *lol* (I am actually laughing at myself as I am writing this...). You can even see the goat mouth and small nose above the mouth and the faint line of an eye even. It looks like a very serious goat, not unfriendly, just serious, pondering as it were. *lol* OK I cant write anymore...I am laughing too much at how silly this sounds, but I swear I´ve always seen THE goat :) Blame it on a rush of blood to Leo´s head :P

Now you know how I feel whenever I look at that cover. It spoils the whole album for me every time but I just cant stop seeing it hehe

Goat Story:

Maybe you're just a goat

Disappear when I look too close

MaybeI´m just a goat

A secret that only Leo knows

The funniest off-topic I've ever read lol. And I can see the goat!!!

• Like 1

Oh, sorry to hear that. Yes, memories and music become linked so easily and when the memories are bad, the music becomes tainted.

Although, you know what helps ? Listening to a piece over and over again. At first it will be hard. But gradually when you've listened to it again and again and again the original emotional connections begin to fade and it becomes more neutral again. Trust me, I've experienced that.

That sounds more like a recipe to ruin a song forever to me haha I trust you, but I think I´ll wait a couple more years where I hope those memories won't hurt anymore, then maybe the songs, most probably actually, will take on a more positive meaning and Ill be able to listen to them again. Incidentally I want a few from that album at my wedding, including Green Eyes, so I´d better be ok with them by then! hehe :)

Well, it worked for me with Paradise. Paradise was associated to a time of my life that I regret, and when I heard it the first time after I had heard it on the radio back then it was quite a blow and nearly brought tears into my eyes. But now I have listened to it so often (because it is on my Coldplay playlist) that it has become quite detached from that memory.

Well, it worked for me with Paradise. But now I have listened to it so often (because it is on my Coldplay playlist) that it has become quite detached from that memory.

How many plays are we talking about here? hehe Cuz I played Always in my head 300+ times and it still makes me sad 80% of the time hehe

How many plays are we talking about here? hehe Cuz I played Always in my head 300+ times and it still makes me sad 80% of the time hehe

I don't know, but I'd say probably 100+ times. Doesn't mean I don't remember the sad memory connected to it any more, but I don't get a heavy emotional reaction when I hear Paradise now, as opposed to when I had rarely heard it.

I don't know, but I'd say probably 100+ times. Doesn't mean I don't remember the sad memory connected to it any more, but I don't get a heavy emotional reaction when I hear Paradise now, as opposed to when I had rarely heard it.

Yeah if 300+ plays did not do it I dont think any more will make a difference hehe I actually for the most part stopped listening to GS when AHFOD came out. I absolutely adore GS, but I know that whenever I decide to play it its because I am melancholic so I am conflicted there: I like it because its so cathartic to help with certain emotions, but i dont like to feel those certain emotions hehe

yeah, makes sense to avoid it then !

Kinda reminds me the reaction Chris had when Lowe played Fly On during their interview back then. How he got so teary eyed...I dont think he´s ever gonna play that song again tbh (I hope I am wrong). Very lucky the few people who got to see them live during the GS dates!

Kinda reminds me the reaction Chris had when Lowe played Fly On during their interview back then. How he got so teary eyed...I dont think he´s ever gonna play that song again tbh (I hope I am wrong). Very lucky the few people who got to see them live during the GS dates!

You are wrong, as a matter of fact - they played it at the acoustic concert in LA some weeks ago ! :)

You are wrong, as a matter of fact - they played it at the acoustic concert in LA some weeks ago ! :)

The one for Paris? If thats the one you allude to, it may very well be the exception to the rule as I dont think it will make it to the live shows, but this is one instance in which I´d love to be wrong :D

The one for Paris? If thats the one you allude to, it may very well be the exception to the rule as I dont think it will make it to the live shows, but this is one instance in which I´d love to be wrong :D

Yeah thats the one. OK, you may be right, after all thea had Sparks there too which is a rarity, but let's hope for it !

Guest LiquidSky
i think will is the most encouraging one actually. since about viva, i have noticed most times when chris is in trouble or need help, he turns to will.

there was a video from viva era. they played around the world before starting the tour in england and the first show they played, chris almost stops yellow and runs to talk to will. there was an interview with chris later during mylo and he said that there was no audience noise when they started yellow and he felt like running off the stage. and will calmed him down. in the video chris made the audience sing the outro to yellow over and over to "get his confidence up". i still remember that well because it showed just how the band worked.

They definitely let Will make the decisions. I don't think there would be much of a band if Will wasn't in it. He's def. the rock of the band

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...