✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-12-05] Coldplay On Jonathan Ross show

This was great! May I just point out that if I was Chris's friend, I'd say, mann, I suggest you wear black for interviews. His armpits are always so sweaty and the blue top, (even though it's double shirt!) doesn't help much haha.

LOL, Chris and Simon on the couch together - a promise of good fun.

'Best goddaughter award', aww.

Wossy not knowing how to pronounce Beyoncé was so funny as well. "How old are you exactly?"

The surfer impression was pure gold. I love it when Chris is in stitches about his own jokes! :D

God bless the internet.

• Like 1

Chris was drunk. This interview made me cringe lol. When he couldn't tell that ever glow story like what was going on there.

Simon Pegg was good, I liked when he backed Chris up by telling everyone he's not miserable as he's portrayed.

Ooo was he drunk? I thought he just laughed a lot, it's so cute when he erupts into laughter, I just waana hug him! x

The dirty joke that Chris made when he was talking about the room with all the mattresses and the Jacuzzi made me cringe! Ahahahaha the bit where the actress from Chewing Gum genuinely couldn't remember her God-Daughter's name! x

I couldnt tell what video he was referring to. Violet Hill? LiJ? Something with an old mansion....

Guest LiquidSky

That was really funny! Loved it! Btw, is it just me do the guys always seem nervous about what Chris might actually say in interviews (like they'll look at each other)?

That was really funny! Loved it! Btw, is it just me do the guys always seem nervous about what Chris might actually say in interviews (like they'll look at each other)?

Interesting question. Who knows..I always kinda perceived it as them paying attention to what he is saying. especially after GS I kinda have a feeling the other 3 band members are quite protective of Chris. He is also the spokesman and all and I always see them as quietly encouraging him along.

• Like 1

Or rolling their eyes and giving him unimpressed looks in the case of Will :D

Meh I dont think so. They seem all pretty tight and on the same wavelength, however Chris is the craziest of them all and thats probably why 98% of the songs originate from him :) All great artists are a bit crazy :)

Meh I dont think so. They seem all pretty tight and on the same wavelength, however Chris is the craziest of them all and thats probably why 98% of the songs originate from him :) All great artists are a bit crazy :)

i think will is the most encouraging one actually. since about viva, i have noticed most times when chris is in trouble or need help, he turns to will.

there was a video from viva era. they played around the world before starting the tour in england and the first show they played, chris almost stops yellow and runs to talk to will. there was an interview with chris later during mylo and he said that there was no audience noise when they started yellow and he felt like running off the stage. and will calmed him down. in the video chris made the audience sing the outro to yellow over and over to "get his confidence up". i still remember that well because it showed just how the band worked.

• Like 2

i think will is the most encouraging one actually. since about viva, i have noticed most times when chris is in trouble or need help, he turns to will.

there was a video from viva era. they played around the world before starting the tour in england and the first show they played, chris almost stops yellow and runs to talk to will. there was an interview with chris later during mylo and he said that there was no audience noise when they started yellow and he felt like running off the stage. and will calmed him down. in the video chris made the audience sing the outro to yellow over and over to "get his confidence up". i still remember that well because it showed just how the band worked.

I would really love to see that video, do you know how to find it ?

Quite an interesting anecdote! They said multiple times Will is the rock of the whole group, so no wonder Chris (or I think also the others) would turn to him in moments like these. I also think he is the most level headed of all, he just looks so wise and Yoda-like haha

he just looks so wise and Yoda-like haha

that he does! hahaa! unless he is frowning like about punish some misbehaving kids.

I would really love to see that video, do you know how to find it ?

it was from the first or second day of the concerts in england, around the end of november or early december 2008. i'll try to look it up, but it's been a long time. the video was on youtube.

that he does! hahaa! unless he is frowning like about punish some misbehaving kids.

But then you know it´d be a just punishment. Will is the just King of Coldplayland haha

Incidentally I find the instruments they play reflect very well their roles/personalities in the context of the band. Will is the fundation (as the drums are of a song), Guy I think is also quite level headed while being a bit more dynamic than Will (like a bass is still the fundation of all the guitars but still less fundamental than the drums), Jonny and his scintillating solos just reflect his own sparkling and positive nature (just look at his smile LOL) and Chris of course is the ultimate voice of the melody in the song (like in his role in the band he ´s the one where most songs originate from). I kinda love how cohesive they are in all their aspects ! haha No wonder they function so well as a band.

• Like 2