✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Beyoncé Not Being Featured on the Track Title

MICHAELSD

Surely Hymn for the Weekend could gain momentum much faster on the charts if Beyoncé was actually credited for being a featured artist in the track title. The band did feature Tove Lo in the title on Fun even though she only provides backing vocals. Perhaps Beyoncé's camp didn't think that she wasn't featured prominently enough to be credited in the title, although she does have a pretty noticeable role. When HFTW is released as a single it is possible they could backtrack and will likely include her name on the song when it's released to radio stations. Is this only bugging me :p? If only because the track could be more popular with her name plastered on it, not that it needs it but regardless.

• 4 weeks later...
Im also surprised Beyonce is not credited. I cant really think of a reason why she should not or did not. Though if I remember correctly Rihanna was not credited in the song title of Princess either.

Maybe they did not want to be credited... They might like Coldplay and their work but be reluctant to be prominently associated for fear of fan backlash (from their own fans, eg Coldplay are not "cool" enough)?

Im also surprised Beyonce is not credited. I cant really think of a reason why she should not or did not. Though if I remember correctly Rihanna was not credited in the song title of Princess either.

Rihanna was credited, it just doesnt show up on the back of the cd (just like Fun). In fact, I believe PoC is one of Rihanna's best-selling singles (#12 or something like that)

Rihanna was credited, it just doesnt show up on the back of the cd (just like Fun). In fact, I believe PoC is one of Rihanna's best-selling singles (#12 or something like that)

I meant credited in the song title. I dont see it credited on my iTunes but it might be different on the CD then.

• Like 1

Rihanna is listed as one of the artists on iTunes for PoC.

Yes I can see she is listed in the author field (Coldplay & Rihanna), not on the song title. While Tove Lo is not listed in the artist field but in the song name (feat. Tove Lo) and Beyonce is listed on neither. What gives? LOL

Yes I can see she is listed in the author field (Coldplay & Rihanna), not on the song title. While Tove Lo is not listed in the artist field but in the song name (feat. Tove Lo) and Beyonce is listed on neither. What gives? LOL

I'd assume they did that with Rihanna since by listing her in the author field it ties the song to her artist page, while Tove Lo being featured in the track name only ties the song to Coldplay's page. Meanwhile, Beyonce is all but a ghost.

I'd assume they did that with Rihanna since by listing her in the author field it ties the song to her artist page, while Tove Lo being featured in the track name only ties the song to Coldplay's page. Meanwhile, Beyonce is all but a ghost.

Hmm if I click on "Coldplay & Rihanna" it´s true Rihanna does appear lower down with a link to her artist page, which I assume its a good thing cuz maybe a Coldplay fan would click on her page and find a Rihanna song he/she likes :)

Now the question is why is Beyonce a ghost? lol Unless her contribution to the song is deemed way too minimal to even quote her as a "feat.", while Tove Lo sings more lines so she earns the "feat." label and finally Rihanna provides a full blown duet so she earns the coveted "Coldplay & Rihanna" title with corresponding link to her own artist page *lol*

Hmm if I click on "Coldplay & Rihanna" it´s true Rihanna does appear lower down with a link to her artist page, which I assume its a good thing cuz maybe a Coldplay fan would click on her page and find a Rihanna song he/she likes :)

Now the question is why is Beyonce a ghost? lol Unless her contribution to the song is deemed way too minimal to even quote her as a "feat.", while Tove Lo sings more lines so she earns the "feat." label and finally Rihanna provides a full blown duet so she earns the coveted "Coldplay & Rihanna" title with corresponding link to her own artist page *lol*

The sad part is that they could've given Beyonce a bit more to do, and it wouldn't have detracted from the song. I do think she is prominent enough to be featured, but I feel like this is more of a label/management issue. Beyonce's camp probably didn't find it beneficial for the song to be added to her discography.

The sad part is that they could've given Beyonce a bit more to do, and it wouldn't have detracted from the song. I do think she is prominent enough to be featured, but I feel like this is more of a label/management issue. Beyonce's camp probably didn't find it beneficial for the song to be added to her discography.

Hmm I think Beyonce part is just right. I dont see Hymn as working well as a duet. I like her popping in occasionally, ethereal like the angel in the lyrics :)

As for the last thing you wrote, I disagree. I dont think thats the case.

Hmm I think Beyonce part is just right. I dont see Hymn as working well as a duet. I like her popping in occasionally, ethereal like the angel in the lyrics :)

As for the last thing you wrote, I disagree. I dont think thats the case.

Yeah, I do think it works perfectly as-is but if she needed more lyrics for them to feel it to be worth adding her then I wouldn't mind it.

Either Coldplay's management or Beyonce's management didn't want it to be a proper Beyonce track, it seems. It's definitely a business decision to not feature her.

Maybe they did not want to be credited... They might like Coldplay and their work but be reluctant to be prominently associated for fear of fan backlash (from their own fans, eg Coldplay are not "cool" enough)?

That sounds like an reasonable explanation to me. After all, Beyonce fandom is very different from the traditional Coldplay fandom, even if Coldplay fandom slowly moves in her direction with the latest style developments.

Although to be fair the same would apply for Rihanna and yet she was credited.

Either Coldplay's management or Beyonce's management didn't want it to be a proper Beyonce track, it seems. It's definitely a business decision to not feature her.

I dont know if its business or simply because she does not contribute to the track enough to warrant the "feat." addition. I think that to me is the most likely reason.

That sounds like an reasonable explanation to me. After all, Beyonce fandom is very different from the traditional Coldplay fandom, even if Coldplay fandom slowly moves in her direction with the latest style developments.

Although to be fair the same would apply for Rihanna and yet she was credited.

Your last sentence is my thoughts exactly. I highly doubt the different style of music is the reason why she is not featured or her not wanting to be associated with Coldplay. I dont believe that for a second :) Noel Gallagher is also not featured and his style of music is similar to Coldplay. No I still think the reason is simply the amount of contribution to the track. That to me explains both Tove Lo, Rihanna and Beyonce.