✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My Music Story (so far!)

Right then let me stop you there.

You're all probably thinking why the hell I made this thread. I'd just like to give you an idea of my history with music.

To me, music is an artform that is the most important. It's got unique and crafted sounds that can be listened to and adored. I love to invent my own music as well, so I play acoustic and electric guitar and I'm about to form a band with some friends. But enough about me. Here is a brief history on how I discovered music.

When I was younger, I was brought up with music that my family liked, and yes they were the big bands of their generation (Grandparents: The Beatles and ABBA, Parents: Queen and U2)

My love for The Beatles began first when I first heard Love Me Do on the album 1 (the greatest hits). I don't know what it was but there was something about that song that caught my ear, it could have been the classic, bouncy instrumentation or the catchy lyrics. I was then immediately obsessed with that band and that album, and me and my family would sing to Yellow Submarine in the car when my grandad was driving as soon as they put it on. It was like a fun singalong and that does bring me back memories. Then a couple of months later, my Dad put on a Queen Greatest Hits CD and I fell in love with them and their music as well. I would pretend to air guitar to Hammer To Fall and at a Blackpool disco I went to when I was a little kid, I got up and asked the DJ if I could sing We Will Rock You because I thought it would be fun. Little did I know that little bit of fun turned into a standing ovation from everyone. I was proud of that day.

Then my Dad told me about a concert called Live Aid and called it 'the greatest show in the world' and said I'd really like it, so he took it down from the shelf and put it into our DVD player. Holy shit was he right. From the very beginning to end I watched it all right through. And he wasn't wrong saying Queen 'was' that show. This was when I discovered not only live music concerts, but acts like Dire Straits, Phil Collins, David Bowie and most of all U2, who my Mum liked a lot back in the day. There was something special about the sets of Queen and U2 at Live Aid because the crowd was chanting with Bono and Freddie Mercury and the music seemed different to anything I'd ever have listened to before. It was pure Rock music and I absolutely loved it.

Then a year later I created a Music CD with a bunch of artists I'd seen on the Live Aid show and other ones as well that my Dad had in his music collection. I would listen to that CD often because it gave me a lot of different genres and music to listen to instead of just one artist, kind of like a playlist. However there was two songs in particular on that list that I'd keep repeating over and over, Pride (In The Name Of Love) by U2 and Tomblands by The Libertines. Two quite different rock bands but I thought the guitar was amazing and the songs were fast paced and awesome in general. This is where I really thought that Rock was my favourite genre of music and that listening to music was my favourite hobby.

Then a couple of years later, a friend of mine explained his love for Coldplay and Speed Of Sound and suggested I should check them out considering I liked U2. And how much was he right: the greatest fucking music decision I had made ever. As soon as I heard the wonder of Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (the first Coldplay song I'd come across) back in 2011, I fell in love with the band straight away. Turning to listen to their songs, I found Clocks and decided it was my favourite song of all time, the atmospheric piano, the beautiful vocals and solid guitar. Then by the time I had told my friend I love Coldplay and their music, we began so many conversations on our love for the band at school. Paradise followed later, and all of my classmates picked up on it and as a class, we loved it. Then I was introduced to Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends as my Dad downloaded it on the computer and I listened through that one. Strawberry Swing and Viva La Vida straight away became my favourites of that album, along with Violet Hill which I ended up repeating so much that I created memories for that song. When I was going through tough times with family due to sad events, Coldplay helped me through. Now this further continued my love for this band, the fact that they were the soundtrack to my life along with other bands I discovered at the time like Muse and Oasis which Don't Look Back In Anger and Madness also made me have lots of memories when I was away from home. Also Square One and Gravity which I listened to at early times in the morning and when we were about to go on holiday were so cool to me and without those songs I wouldn't like Ambient music as much as I do now. Discovering Arctic Monkeys a in the same year because of their Glastonbury 2013 set and also Foals also brought them and their albums into my history of music as well, but it wasn't until last year which really extended my love for this incredible artform, because of one band...

I discovered Radiohead last year after discovering Nirvana and had heard that they had influenced Coldplay, so I checked them out. Paranoid Android was the excellent song I had listened to first, adored it from first listen and I noticed one little change that made them unique, they were different unlike anything I had ever heard before. Not only was their melodies and music more complicated and varied, but they offered many MANY memories in 2015. In London, travelling there on a train Treefingers was on my playlist and I listened. With the ambient sounds and relaxation, I could imagine being in London already and enjoying it so much. When I'm sad, Treefingers makes me feel better. When I felt rejected, Treefingers helped me through. If it wasn't for Treefingers, Ambience wouldn't have been introduced to me. And any emotion really fit that song and made me feel better. But Radiohead mainly became my joint first favourite band during halfway through last summer. Finding OK Computer also made me think how much this music I was listening to was so much more advanced and increasingly better to what's popular today. From Airbag (a song that makes me think of imaginative things like saving the universe) to The Tourist (why I shouldn't rush all the time and also tends to be at the end of every playlist) this album became special to me. On Halloween last year, Climbing Up The Walls was one I'd tend to play because I wanted to have a creepy atmosphere on that day (those screams give me chills every time). I also had a big love for Electronic and Ambient music as well, liking artists such as Jamie xx and Jon Hopkins. At this time I'd also wrote a script (I also love writing scripts) for a Live Music Video for school featuring Rock and Electronic music. Street Spirit (Fade Out) I would describe as being the song that makes me think of a certain person that I liked during that year, also gets me in tears every time I hear it. After this, my hype for AHFOD increased so in August I joined this incredible forum and befriended so many of you awesome Coldplayers. @cp3176 ,@I ran away, @Batman, [uSER=101247]@diogo_sg[/uSER], @The Adversary and @beastwars just to name a few. Thinking about how great all of these atmospheres and music is, I wanted to create my own.

Halfway through being introduced to In Rainbows and the catchy-ness of 15 Step last year, I had an idea for a project that I wanted to do for a long time, write and compose melodies and music. Every since I was young I have wanted to do this, but I had more inspiration, so I felt like I was ready. Songwriting began when I was younger as well just for fun, but I'm currently writing stuff for people and to help grow my collection of lyrics I've wrote. Also, I had always wanted to entertain (having been in a drama school two years ago) and make and craft new and original sounds. I'd always loved the rocky and epic guitar gigs and smashes when I watched Live At The Paramount (Nirvana) and Live At The Astoria (Radiohead) but also really liked the electronic elements in Kid A/Amnesiac Live (Radiohead) and Ghost Stories: The Film (Coldplay) so I wanted to try and merge the two in my music I created. Using my current Acoustic and my new Electric guitars, I'm trying to create and make my own album currently under the name of 'Salt Lake'. At the moment, I'm also creating a Viva La Vida remix album as well. As for new music, @beastwars has introduced me to Pomegranates and I have took a liking towards their discography.

The main bands who have had a big impact in my life so far are:

• Coldplay
  • Radiohead
  • U2
  • Queen
  • The Beatles
  • Nirvana

Thank you all for an incredible 2015 and I want to thank music for an amazing life so far (and will continue to be the one thing that I want to pursue and continue listening to forever)

EDIT: I forgot to tell you that Atlas was also a big part of my life. After the second Hunger Games movie being announced (a film series that I'm obsessed with, also Star Wars and Die Hard) I remember Coldplay being announced as the artist for the main theme. Holy shit I got so fucking excited. When the song came out I listened to it and listened to it again. And again and again. Seeing how well it fit with the movie, how many imaginative memories it brought, how much it should have been on Ghost Stories and how much I'd listen to it after holidays and coming back from places, that song became my favourote Coldplay song, later becoming my favourite song of all time so far.

So to all you great musicians that I've discovered:

:guitarist::guitarist::guitarist::guitarist::guitarist::guitarist::guitarist::guitarist::guitarist::guitarist::guitarist::guitarist::guitarist::guitarist:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

:vuvuzela:

:thumbsup:

THANK YOU!!!!

Jack x

• Like 2

Thank you very much, I'm really glad I've been helpful for you. :thumbsup:

Keep feeding your curiosity and you'll discover very soon a lot of great music you didn't even imagine to exist.

Thanks for sharing... I'm glad for you (and I'm sure Coldplay would feel proud) that you have felt inspired by music, to want to make music yourself. Good luck! I'll be keeping an ear out ;)

Thank you all so much, it really does mean a lot. I will continue to find new music while loving old music, and I'll be sure to write down any ideas I have.

:D Thank you all so much!:)

• Like 1