✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-9-3.4] Coldplay to Headline Made In America Festival

The only reason I ever got to see them was 'cause my parents were generous enough to send me to Glastonbury as a graduation gift, and I don't think I deserved it at all because there are so many fans who don't have the luxury of getting to fly across the world to see their favorite band. It was just one of the precious gifts life has given me.

Coldplay actually did come to my city, but I couldn't go to that concert because of university getting in the way. Just don't give up hope, ok? Just because they've never come to the Philippines doesn't mean they never will. :) And who knows, they've played in Japan and Singapore before, and there are many rumors about them playing in India, so could they eventually come to the Philippines? It's a real possibility.

I really hope you get to see them someday!!! :)

What a wonderful gift your parents gave you! I've been really lucky in the last few years to be able to see them and my other most-special bands, including doing some travel. Really lucky. It's never lost on me that most fans don't get to do that, and they all deserve it just as much as me (and probably some deserve it more). I echo the sentiment not to give up. It was eight years of loving Coldplay before I ever saw them, even though they did play near me. I was in school at first, then I worked nights, I didn't have money, and my social anxiety was so bad I never would have dreamed of driving into a city and walking into a building of strangers. Once I came out of my shell I've been spoiled. But I always remember the feeling of the first one, even though I was in nosebleeds, because it felt like a miracle. Here's hoping this is the year for you to get the same feeling, @Athena Pedroza !

• Like 2

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK here are the rest of my photos. :cool: Coldplay at Made In America Festival

They probably could have been better but I was having too much fun to mess with settings. I'm actually not a very good (well, not skilled) photographer but some of these were sort of handed to me on a silver platter and came out great haha. If there's such a thing as too many Chris pictures, I'm sorry for too many Chris pictures ... I promise I am aware of and love the other members, but the way the stage was designed made it so it was hard to get a clear shot of them and I didn't want to keep holding the camera up high in people's way.

Here is another favorite of mine

ChrisSFOS%202_zpsxgp9aovm.jpg

• Like 7

The only reason I ever got to see them was 'cause my parents were generous enough to send me to Glastonbury as a graduation gift, and I don't think I deserved it at all because there are so many fans who don't have the luxury of getting to fly across the world to see their favorite band. It was just one of the precious gifts life has given me.

Coldplay actually did come to my city, but I couldn't go to that concert because of university getting in the way. Just don't give up hope, ok? Just because they've never come to the Philippines doesn't mean they never will. :) And who knows, they've played in Japan and Singapore before, and there are many rumors about them playing in India, so could they eventually come to the Philippines? It's a real possibility.

I really hope you get to see them someday!!! :)

You deserve it! Your parents are sweet. It's so nice of them to let you go to such big events. You must've had a great time! :)

Yeah well, I hope so too. thanks for noticing my post by the way. means a lot. Also, it's true im actually slightly scared that college might just get in the way and i might end up not going to the concert which could only happen once in a blue moon. (coldplay hardly comes to my place).

Another thing, this made me tear up.. when coldplay had their concert at the rose bowl in LA, Chris said hello to the Philippines. i was really lost for words! Here's a clip! :)

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Martin: "Say hello to Philippines... because we love them, and they love us..." <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay">@coldplay</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GlobeColdplay?src=hash">#GlobeColdplay</a> <a href="https://t.co/lqLMSF21WJ">pic.twitter.com/lqLMSF21WJ</a></p>— Coldplay Philippines (@Coldplay_PH) <a href="[MEDIA=twitter]767327442188967942[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/Coldplay_PH/status/767327442188967942

">August 21, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Like 2

What a wonderful gift your parents gave you! I've been really lucky in the last few years to be able to see them and my other most-special bands, including doing some travel. Really lucky. It's never lost on me that most fans don't get to do that, and they all deserve it just as much as me (and probably some deserve it more). I echo the sentiment not to give up. It was eight years of loving Coldplay before I ever saw them, even though they did play near me. I was in school at first, then I worked nights, I didn't have money, and my social anxiety was so bad I never would have dreamed of driving into a city and walking into a building of strangers. Once I came out of my shell I've been spoiled. But I always remember the feeling of the first one, even though I was in nosebleeds, because it felt like a miracle. Here's hoping this is the year for you to get the same feeling, @Athena Pedroza !

:heart: you guys are amazing. i'll try my best not to lose hope. I've been dreaming to see them live! And if I ever really get the tiniest chance to see them live, i would love to post and share some photos here :) thanks for the encouragement! :)

• Like 2

My Xyloband glowed all night, until about 11 this morning ... I left it on my night stand and went to sleep with it like a lovely color-changing nightlight. <3

I'd write a review but I never know how to describe concert-related emotions haha. I got there really early and ran to the stage and got a spot right in the front near the middle, and that stage was just right on top of us. I met some really nice fans too, we had a great little group there the whole day. It was hot but I think we lucked out on weather because none of that wind and rain I feared showed up at all. When the band finally took the stage it was just surreal (people sometimes overuse that word but it really genuinely was, it just felt like an alternate reality or something) ... I thought I'd keel over when Chris first came out on that apron at the beginning of A Head Full of Dreams. The apron did make it a little hard to see the main stage, I had to stand on my tip-toes to see Will or the piano (got a great calf workout lol), but it was so fun to have Chris bouncing all over right there all show. This was my seventh Coldplay show and it has always been a gift to see them from anywhere, nosebleeds too, but it was really a treat to get this close to them just once. I hate to sound heroworshipy, but I was just awestruck the whole time being right in front of these guys I've been listening to for 16 years and actually see their faces and musicianship right there. I've been to a lot of shows in my life, been very lucky, but this was sure one to count on the bucket list. I'm glad everyone got to watch the stream and @coldplayisawesome I'm glad you were able to see!! I'll bet you had a great view since they added the extra part to the stage, and the Xylobands must have looked amazing!

I only took one video since it was being streamed and I didn't feel like holding a camera still for any length of time, mostly just snapped a lot of photos ... and it came out surprisingly wonderful so I'm sharing.

And a couple photos

ChrisJonnyMIA_zpsbjz2lnet.jpg

Chris2-001_zps7wftb7t3.jpg

Chris1-001_zps5jd4malh.jpg

WOW ! - Superb photos.

• Like 1

Yes I was a bit nervous before the fest because I didn't know anyone, so I was so glad there turned out to be so much camaraderie. And it was great to just ramble about Coldplay with people all day. Don't feel bad for others not getting a souvenir too, watching another hardcore fan's day get made is always fun to me whether I get something or not. And we all got the night of a lifetime!

For hanging it ... I have a setlist from one of my other favorite bands that I actually put in a shadow box I bought on sale at Michael's crafts (this one) and it looks like a display in the R&R Hall of Fame or something, I love it. You could try that ... it also keeps the glass from sticking to the setlist. :-)

What a great idea. Thanks for the tip! :)

• Like 1

Mind if i ask you guys a question? What's the difference between a huge fan and a die-hard fan?

Interesting question ... Honestly, in my opinion, really nothing. I know I used the term diehard but I don't think there's any particular kind of fan thst deserves to be called that over another. I sort of hate dividing fans into categories ... I mean I don't think one person is a better fan than a other because they go to more shows or know more trivia or have a bigger record collection. I think a die-hard would just be someone who's particularly obsessed and loyal, and you can define yourself as that, no one else has to say you are or aren't. I know I'm certainly not the biggest or best fan, I wouldn't even necessarily say they are my favorite band at the moment (I've had a small handful of favorites) ... but I still think of myself as diehard just because they are really special to me and I'm very enthusiastic about them. So I would think of anyone who feels that way as diehard, regardless of how long they were a fan or any other quantitative factor. I mean basically, do you love them a ton and care about them a lot? They you're a die-hard. :-)

• Like 6

Interesting question ... Honestly, in my opinion, really nothing. I know I used the term diehard but I don't think there's any particular kind of fan thst deserves to be called that over another. I sort of hate dividing fans into categories ... I mean I don't think one person is a better fan than a other because they go to more shows or know more trivia or have a bigger record collection. I think a die-hard would just be someone who's particularly obsessed and loyal, and you can define yourself as that, no one else has to say you are or aren't. I know I'm certainly not the biggest or best fan, I wouldn't even necessarily say they are my favorite band at the moment (I've had a small handful of favorites) ... but I still think of myself as diehard just because they are really special to me and I'm very enthusiastic about them. So I would think of anyone who feels that way as diehard, regardless of how long they were a fan or any other quantitative factor. I mean basically, do you love them a ton and care about them a lot? They you're a die-hard. :-)

you cleared that up :) thanks. i take your point :)