Fix You

Heroes (David Bowie cover)

Viva la Vida

Adventure of a Lifetime

Kaleidoscope

A Sky Full of Stars

Up&Up

• Like 2

My Xyloband glowed all night, until about 11 this morning ... I left it on my night stand and went to sleep with it like a lovely color-changing nightlight. <3

I'd write a review but I never know how to describe concert-related emotions haha. I got there really early and ran to the stage and got a spot right in the front near the middle, and that stage was just right on top of us. I met some really nice fans too, we had a great little group there the whole day. It was hot but I think we lucked out on weather because none of that wind and rain I feared showed up at all. When the band finally took the stage it was just surreal (people sometimes overuse that word but it really genuinely was, it just felt like an alternate reality or something) ... I thought I'd keel over when Chris first came out on that apron at the beginning of A Head Full of Dreams. The apron did make it a little hard to see the main stage, I had to stand on my tip-toes to see Will or the piano (got a great calf workout lol), but it was so fun to have Chris bouncing all over right there all show. This was my seventh Coldplay show and it has always been a gift to see them from anywhere, nosebleeds too, but it was really a treat to get this close to them just once. I hate to sound heroworshipy, but I was just awestruck the whole time being right in front of these guys I've been listening to for 16 years and actually see their faces and musicianship right there. I've been to a lot of shows in my life, been very lucky, but this was sure one to count on the bucket list. I'm glad everyone got to watch the stream and @coldplayisawesome I'm glad you were able to see!! I'll bet you had a great view since they added the extra part to the stage, and the Xylobands must have looked amazing!

I only took one video since it was being streamed and I didn't feel like holding a camera still for any length of time, mostly just snapped a lot of photos ... and it came out surprisingly wonderful so I'm sharing.

And a couple photos

ChrisJonnyMIA_zpsbjz2lnet.jpg

Chris2-001_zps7wftb7t3.jpg

Chris1-001_zps5jd4malh.jpg

• Like 11

Also, I thought it was really sweet (not surprising though) that despite the fact they had to fly from a show in San Francisco Saturday to a show in Philly the next night, which is a six-hour flight and loses three hours time-zone-wise, Chris still made time to visit the children's hospital in Philly before the show: http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/09/05/coldplays-chris-martin-visits-young-cancer-patient-at-chop/

• Like 5

My Xyloband glowed all night, until about 11 this morning ... I left it on my night stand and went to sleep with it like a lovely color-changing nightlight. <3

I'd write a review but I never know how to describe concert-related emotions haha. I got there really early and ran to the stage and got a spot right in the front near the middle, and that stage was just right on top of us. I met some really nice fans too, we had a great little group there the whole day. It was hot but I think we lucked out on weather because none of that wind and rain I feared showed up at all. When the band finally took the stage it was just surreal (people sometimes overuse that word but it really genuinely was, it just felt like an alternate reality or something) ... I thought I'd keel over when Chris first came out on that apron at the beginning of A Head Full of Dreams. The apron did make it a little hard to see the main stage, I had to stand on my tip-toes to see Will or the piano (got a great calf workout lol), but it was so fun to have Chris bouncing all over right there all show. This was my seventh Coldplay show and it has always been a gift to see them from anywhere, nosebleeds too, but it was really a treat to get this close to them just once. I hate to sound heroworshipy, but I was just awestruck the whole time being right in front of these guys I've been listening to for 16 years and actually see their faces and musicianship right there. I've been to a lot of shows in my life, been very lucky, but this was sure one to count on the bucket list. I'm glad everyone got to watch the stream and @coldplayisawesome I'm glad you were able to see!! I'll bet you had a great view since they added the extra part to the stage, and the Xylobands must have looked amazing!

I only took one video since it was being streamed and I didn't feel like holding a camera still for any length of time, mostly just snapped a lot of photos ... and it came out surprisingly wonderful so I'm sharing.

And a couple photos

Wow!

Nice pictures and the colors in that video are so beautiful.

It must have been hard to catch up with Chris and film him. [emoji1]

Wow!

Nice pictures and the colors in that video are so beautiful.

It must have been hard to catch up with Chris and film him. [emoji1]

It really was, he's so damn fast, as you can see I lose him a couple times haha ... I was actually surprised I stayed on him that well because I stopped looking at the camera screen a couple times when he was spinning. :laugh4:

And a couple photos

omg, i love your pictures :dazzled:

and fantastic work getting front row like that! glad Chris acknowledged your sacrifice as well :lol:

even now my Xyloband still glows :shocked2:

• Like 2

And a couple photos

Thanks for sharing your review. It's great!

I always love to read about the feelings this unique band can transmit.

You have three beautiful pictures! with your blessing (I think, you will agree :blush:) I will post the J and C picture on their friendship's thread :chris::heart::jonny:

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your review. It's great!

I always love to read about the feelings this unique band can transmit.

You have three beautiful pictures! with your blessing (I think, you will agree :blush:) I will post the J and C picture on their friendship's thread :chris::heart::jonny:

Yes, please feel free to re-post share any of them anywhere! I think that Chris and Jonny one is my favorite, I love their playfulness together. :-)

I have a few more nice shots I will put on Flickr and share a link when I get them done. It was great to be able to get some good pictures, I'm not a serious photographer or anything but I really enjoy capturing moments to look back on, in between flailing my arms around and jumping of course. :laugh4:

• Like 1

omg, i love your pictures :dazzled:

and fantastic work getting front row like that! glad Chris acknowledged your sacrifice as well :lol:

even now my Xyloband still glows :shocked2:

I wish my Xyloband would just glow forever, it's sort of comforting ... I know on the old ones I was able to jump the contacts to make it light up, so maybe I can do it on one of these and solder in a switch haha. But I don't think it will change colors, just light up.

I wish my Xyloband would just glow forever, it's sort of comforting ... I know on the old ones I was able to jump the contacts to make it light up, so maybe I can do it on one of these and solder in a switch haha. But I don't think it will change colors, just light up.

ooh, that sounds cool :wacko:

i was thinking about it yesterday that probably one of my favorite things about the Xylobands is that during the concert you have no control over it. somehow that makes it feel even more like you're a part of everything... and so when it keeps glowing afterward it still kind of feels like that, especially when there are other people whose bands keep glowing, like we're all still together even when we're in different places... this got sappy real fast :P

• Like 2

ooh, that sounds cool :wacko:

i was thinking about it yesterday that probably one of my favorite things about the Xylobands is that during the concert you have no control over it. somehow that makes it feel even more like you're a part of everything... and so when it keeps glowing afterward it still kind of feels like that, especially when there are other people whose bands keep glowing, like we're all still together even when we're in different places... this got sappy real fast :P

Oh god yes, exactly ... I got so emotional seeing all the concert-goers walk away glowing in their own separate directions. I love the thought of those bands glowing away in cars, buses, planes, bikes, hotels, or down sidewalks, everyone going back to very different lives but still one. I'm glad I'm not the only one who got sappy over it haha.

• Like 5

My boyfriend and I were part of the group that waited all day to be in the front... it was such a long day but so worth it in the end. Who else was there with me? Coldplay fans are the best and that group was no exception. Also--my boyfriend was able to grab the set list after the show! It was the perfect ending to the night! :D

[ATTACH]5870[/ATTACH]

• Like 7

My boyfriend and I were part of the group that waited all day to be in the front... it was such a long day but so worth it in the end. Who else was there with me? Coldplay fans are the best and that group was no exception. Also--my boyfriend was able to grab the set list after the show! It was the perfect ending to the night! :D

[ATTACH]5870[/ATTACH]

Hey I remember you, you let me take a picture with your setlist, you guys were right near me! :cool3: Great photos! That view we had was totally worth the long day! It really was a nice group of fans up there, it made the day go much faster. I'm glad you got the setlist, what a treasure ... thanks for taking my picture with it!

• Like 2

Hey I remember you, you let me take a picture with your setlist, you guys were right near me! :cool3: Great photos! That view we had was totally worth the long day! It really was a nice group of fans up there, it made the day go much faster. I'm glad you got the setlist, what a treasure ... thanks for taking my picture with it!

It really does make a difference if you get along with the people around you or not, so I was happy that the people around us were (mostly) chill! And you're very welcome... It was the least I could do, I wish everyone who waited could have gotten something special like that. We are trying to decide where to hang the set list, haha.

• Like 1

It really does make a difference if you get along with the people around you or not, so I was happy that the people around us were (mostly) chill! And you're very welcome... It was the least I could do, I wish everyone who waited could have gotten something special like that. We are trying to decide where to hang the set list, haha.

Yes I was a bit nervous before the fest because I didn't know anyone, so I was so glad there turned out to be so much camaraderie. And it was great to just ramble about Coldplay with people all day. Don't feel bad for others not getting a souvenir too, watching another hardcore fan's day get made is always fun to me whether I get something or not. And we all got the night of a lifetime!

For hanging it ... I have a setlist from one of my other favorite bands that I actually put in a shadow box I bought on sale at Michael's crafts (this one) and it looks like a display in the R&R Hall of Fame or something, I love it. You could try that ... it also keeps the glass from sticking to the setlist. :-)

you guys are so lucky to have seen coldplay concerts :bigcry: wish i could just fly from my country to yours to see them too. Coldplay, the love of my life, haven't stepped foot yet here in the Philippines.

Awww, I'm sorry you haven't gotten a chance to see them ... fingers crossed for you maybe they finally make your dream come true later on this tour. I know it's hard when you live somewhere bands never visit.

• Like 1

For hanging it ... I have a setlist from one of my other favorite bands that I actually put in a shadow box I bought on sale at Michael's crafts (this one) and it looks like a display in the R&R Hall of Fame or something, I love it. You could try that ... it also keeps the glass from sticking to the setlist. :-)

That is such a good idea! If I ever get a setlist from one of my favorite bands, I'm definitely framing it in a shadow box. I'd like to proudly display that thing because that's a big achievement for a hardcore fan!

• Like 1

you guys are so lucky to have seen coldplay concerts :bigcry: wish i could just fly from my country to yours to see them too. Coldplay, the love of my life, haven't stepped foot yet here in the Philippines.

The only reason I ever got to see them was 'cause my parents were generous enough to send me to Glastonbury as a graduation gift, and I don't think I deserved it at all because there are so many fans who don't have the luxury of getting to fly across the world to see their favorite band. It was just one of the precious gifts life has given me.

Coldplay actually did come to my city, but I couldn't go to that concert because of university getting in the way. Just don't give up hope, ok? Just because they've never come to the Philippines doesn't mean they never will. :) And who knows, they've played in Japan and Singapore before, and there are many rumors about them playing in India, so could they eventually come to the Philippines? It's a real possibility.

I really hope you get to see them someday!!! :)

• Like 2