✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-9-3.4] Coldplay to Headline Made In America Festival

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay -' Made in America' - HUh ???????? :huh:..........................:no:

Well, the other headline act is from Barbados. So I guess the festival is not necessary named very literally, strictly speaking.

• Like 1

^I read it's a festival curated by Jay-Z, which totally explains everything. :lol:

Since they're one of the headliners, I assume they'll play around 90-100 minutes. So if I had to guess I'd say they will play the usual set minus most of the B and C stage songs.

Thanks - that's a good guess! I suppose looking at Big Weekend, they played Raspberry Beret which is pretty freaking cool. Useful to know since this might be my best chance to see them since they don't seem to be touring in Southeast US. :(

Just saw this on Facebook and didn't see a thread for it here:

http://www.uwishunu.com/2016/06/rihanna-coldplay-headline-made-america-music-festival-2016-tickets-sale-june

This Labor Day weekend, September 3 and 4, Jay Z’s Made in America music festival returns to the Benjamin Franklin Parkway for two full days of hip hop, R&B and alternative music.

Thousands and thousands of people come from near and far to watch talented musicians on numerous stages throughout the Parkway — last year, more than 130,000 people (!) filled in for the two-day fest.

Every year, Jay Z hand picks a lineup of both established and up-and-coming musicians to perform throughout the weekend — sometimes, you can even find Jay Z singing along in the crowd.

Rihanna and Coldplay To Headline

This summer, Rihanna and Coldplay will headline the two-day festival and will be accompanied by more than 20 other performers including ColleGrove (Lil’ Wayne and 2 Chainz), Jamie xx, Chance the Rapper, DJ Khaled, Martin Garrix, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Grimes, DJ Mustard, Desiigner and Madeon.

The full lineup is available right here.

How To Get Tickets

Luckily, scooping up tickets to this awesome festival is easy. Tickets go on sale on Wednesday, June 22 at 10 a.m. for those who have TIDAL accounts, and Monday, June 27 at 10 a.m. for the general public.

Tickets will be available online.

Stay tuned for more on one of Philadelphia’s biggest festivals of the year.

I noticed... It seems you can only buy 2-day passes. :confused: Do you think you will go? Do they usually broadcast it on tv?

i'll have to take a look again tomorrow when the passes go on sale, but i have a feeling it will be too expensive for me, especially if there are only 2-day available :/

i don't think it gets broadcast on TV... i've been living in Philly for about four years now and have very little idea of what goes on here, though :P

I noticed... It seems you can only buy 2-day passes. :confused: Do you think you will go? Do they usually broadcast it on tv?

They broadcast it on Tidal. Last year anyone could watch it but there's also the posibility they just allow it for suscribers for this one.

• Like 2

Yeah only two-day passes are being sold at the moment. :( I'm sure Rihanna is great live but I don't want to pay $162 for a show where I mostly just want to see Coldplay and not anybody else.

I feel your pain, Labor Day weekend is huge with my fam here so I don't even know if I could make it Sunday and omg the traffic will be insane from Long Island. They will prob go to single day tix if it does not sell out soon

• 2 months later...

It looks like it will be streamed on Tidal again at this link: http://tidal.com/us/mia ... doesn't say if you need a subscription or not. Coldplay is supposed to be on at 9:30 ET. I'm a little worried about the weather, since we're getting the fringes of the hurricane that day. Fingers crossed it won't mess up the show, I'm really looking forward to it!

• Like 2

I completely forgot about this show! If it requires a Tidal subscription, would a Tidal listener here be so kind as to record the show for us? :) :) :) I for one would really appreciate it. :love: I would do it, but I already used up my free trial earlier this year and I didn't think it was that great so I will not be purchasing a subscription...

• Like 2