✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-07-23] Soldier Field, CHICAGO, IL Video Project

NCarman

Our 10 year old son is a massive Coldplay fan. They weren't playing in Canada, so we flew down from Toronto to Chicago this past weekend for the Saturday 23rd show. I took videos of a couple of songs, but thought it would be interesting to try to compile videos to try to piece together the whole concert. If anyone has any video they would like to share please post a message and we can arrange sending it to a dropbox, or if there's a better way of sharing. Especially long stretches of video would be great, or if someone has the whole audio to use as the soundtrack. If i can compile enough for the whole concert i will of course share it here in the multimedia section. Thanks!

• Like 1

Try Periscope. There is a guy named Arthur (I think or something with an A) who posted Sunday night and had great quality. Also see the 7/23 thread here where @alisbe posted some of the best 7/23 videos from YouTube for me because my phone drowned that night and I lost mine. A friend is sending me hers tonight. If they are good, I'll ask her permission to share with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I finished editing the entire Chicago July 23 concert, it is currently uploading to youtube and mediafire.

I'm pretty happy how it turned out, was able to find footage of the entire show, right from the Babbino opening to the final bow in the rain. Sadly i had to use superrose224's 360p video for some songs, but that's all there was. Also a couple of Periscope streams for the between song transitions.

Here's the youtube link:

Mediafire 2.29GB mp4 download file link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/i0bop9pyrb4251n/Coldplay_2016-07-23_Chicago_Full_Concert.mp4

The ending in the rain almost brought a tear to my eye, remembering how it had to end early due to the torrential downpour and lightning.

Enjoy!

• Like 3

I finished editing the entire Chicago July 23 concert, it is currently uploading to youtube and mediafire.

I'm pretty happy how it turned out, was able to find footage of the entire show, right from the Babbino opening to the final bow in the rain. Sadly i had to use superrose224's 360p video for some songs, but that's all there was. Also a couple of Periscope streams for the between song transitions.

Here's the youtube link:

Mediafire 2.29GB mp4 download file link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/i0bop9pyrb4251n/Coldplay_2016-07-23_Chicago_Full_Concert.mp4

The ending in the rain almost brought a tear to my eye, remembering how it had to end early due to the torrential downpour and lightning.

Enjoy!

Big hug of thanks, to you for doing this! You made my day!! I am going to watch it later and save it. What a lot of work you did for us. That is incredibly generous of you! Where did you sit during the show? I was on a wheelchair ramp on the right side when you face the stage. It still makes me want to cry that we didn't hear IMP, Amazing Day and Up and Up!

• Like 1

Hi iamsue, thanks for the kind words! It was primarily a labor of love for my son, it was his first ever concert by anyone, he sure got a unique one! I wanted us to be able to relive it again in the future. Secondly it was a great exercise in video editing, and putting together all the puzzle pieces to complete the whole concert. We were in sect. 104 to the right of the stage about 15 rows up, so we had a good view and stayed dry too!

BTW the video of AOAL in the full concert was shot by me.

Hope you enjoy, even if one person enjoys reliving the show it will have been well worth it!

Here's pics of my son at the concert:

CoaaWNbXEAA0BWL.jpgCoaaWJ0WYAIEW0o.jpg