✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin Live Quotes Guessing Game

I ran away

I thought up this game about things that Chris has said in live shows during or between songs. In order to win you need to say on what occasion the posted quote was said by Chris (e.g., Toronto 2006) AND ALSO during or before/after which song it was said. The person who answered correctly then posts a new quote etc. To keep the game flowing, I think no confirmation by the original poster is required (unless you are unsure if your guess is correct). In other words, if you are sure about your solution just go ahead and post the next quote.

So I'm gonna kick it off here with an easy one:

"Give me mud up to my knees"

• Like 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either Lollapallooza in Chicago 2011 or Glastonbury but no clue on year. The songs before and after are too tough for me. Cool idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to clarify, I didn't mean you have to write the songs before and after - I wouldn't know them myself. I meant that a quote might be from the introduction or outro of a song, and not in the middle of it, so then you should state the song it "belongs" to. :)

Nice game :)

Though tbh Chris repeats himself in a lot of concerts xD

Glastonbury 2005 during Politik :D

Do TV shows/ other live appearances count?

If yes then ''I'm having an old friend for dinner'' is the next quote :escaping2:

Sure, we can make them count as well, as long as it is from a musical part (so, not interviews etc.). I have to admit I have no idea about this quote !

Sure, we can make them count as well, as long as it is from a musical part (so, not interviews etc.). I have to admit I have no idea about this quote !

The best part of this game is we can all discover new performances from our boys that we may not have watched before! :D

It sounds familiar to me. Maybe Ghost Stories era or about Kaleidescope. Maybe about regret?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This performance is quite old :3

Mich before the GS era :nod:

Is it from that Extra show or whatever it was called?.....the one where Gwyneth is making drumsticks

Nope but you're in the right era :D

If yes then ''I'm having an old friend for dinner'' is the next quote

US late night show in 2005 when Anthony Hopkins was also a guest :) the song was talk I think.

"Crazy frog where are you now?"

US late night show in 2005 when Anthony Hopkins was also a guest :) the song was talk I think.

Yup :D

Jay Leno 2005

Chris scared me a little the first time I saw this xD but it's a fantastic performance :nod:

One of my favorite quotes ever xD

I'll let someone else have a go :escaping:

was it during glasto 2005? during speed of sound maybe

"it's getting hot in here im gonna take my clothes off"

was it during glasto 2005? during speed of sound maybe

"it's getting hot in here im gonna take my clothes off"

that's definitely during a rush of blood tour! during a slow song. can't remember it though.

• Like 1

yup but need all the details :D

Manchester Arena 2002 just after playing one of my top favorite Coldplay songs "Everyhing's Not Lost" I love the live version of the song best and it just so happens this one comes with a treat of Chris singing Hot In Here by Nelly. Check out the video

Here's my quote for the game *laughing he says "I haven't practiced this one."

• Like 2

Manchester Arena 2002 just after playing one of my top favorite Coldplay songs "Everyhing's Not Lost" I love the live version of the song best and it just so happens this one comes with a treat of Chris singing Hot In Here by Nelly. Check out the video

Here's my quote for the game *laughing he says "I haven't practiced this one."

on elvis duran show, before playing dez nutz? :p

• Like 2

....Michael Eavis, Worthy Faaarm, give me mud up to my kneeeeees, best festival in historyyyyyyyy ! Open up your eyes...

Politik Glastonbury 2005 !!

yes! I can't find the video on youtube where did it go :o

your turn now btw

OK, here is the next one:

"I've got a girlfriend, and this is the sort of song we listen to, you know, running through the flowers. You know it's a bit naff, but it's a great song, so listen to it. Actually it's not naff - actually, sorry about that, I shouldn't put ourselves down !"