✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Which CP song has the most special meaning to you?

karvi22

Hi guys! I don't know if there's already a thread like this. It's not about songs you like the most, but about songs that mean a lot to you. Maybe there are songs which are important because of the particular moment they came to your life, or because they remind you of something special (a person, a memory, a place...), so I thought this idea could be interesting in order to open your heart and talk a little bit about feelings :)

In my case, ETIAW is probably one of the most special songs to me. I’ve always felt like I don’t belong anywhere, but this song reminds me that no matter what happens, no matter what people say, I’ve gotta be strong and I’ve gotta move on. People can hurt me bad… but still I’ll raise the flag!! Besides, the year this song came out I was living a time of change. It was the end of an era because I was about to go to university for the first time, so I felt really lost. Last highschool year was very hard, but eventually everything went well and I could choose the career I wanted. Back then I used to listen to MX every day and I felt like ETIAW was the perfect song for me… and nowadays I'm still having that feeling. I'll always love this one :wacko:

What about you guys?

• Like 3

The Coldplay song with the most special meaning for me is Speed Of Sound. It's the one with the most sentimental value. I was going through a dark time in my life in 2012. My grandmother had passed away and my first month of high school was a train wreck. I spiraled into depression and loneliness, dead on the surface but screaming underneath... :cry: Anyway, it was a stormy Friday night in September and I was listening to my little iPod Nano when I couldn't sleep. This was from before those even had touch screens, haha. There's an FM radio tuner on it so I was just flipping through stations when I landed on a song I liked by the Foo Fighters. It ended and a new song came on. A piano and spacey synth started and I had such a pleasant, comforting feeling all of a sudden. The singer started: "How long before I get in? Before it starts, before I begin?" The song played on. I was in awe at how much I was enjoying this song I'd never even heard before. This song was, of course, Speed Of Sound. I thought I recognized the singer's voice and sure enough, it was the band who wrote Viva La Vida, Paradise, and Clocks, which were the only Coldplay songs I knew. I liked Speed Of Sound better and decided to track down whatever album it is on. That's how I discovered X&Y, which in turn opened the door to discovering the rest of Coldplay's music.

I seriously think Coldplay helped me climb out of my deep, dark hole. It took a few months, but that music really resonated with me and gave me the hope to seek help and get my depression treated. All of this might not have happened if it weren't for hearing Speed Of Sound on that stormy night. I wish I could thank the band personally for this... and that's just what I will do if I ever meet them.

EDIT: Sorry for rambling on and writing something so emotional, haha

• Like 7

Paradise...I ran into that song on a few special occasions before I knew what Coldplay is. It is also such a beautiful song.

And also Talk because it makes me think of the time that it played on a friend's phone and I knew at that moment that I had to find out more about this 'Coldplay'

• Like 2

There are lots of songs that have a special meaning for me. Have you heard about coldplayers saying Coldplay is for every mood? Well, that's Coldplay for me. If you don't mind I'll name a few:

For the moments I feel lost: Square One, Talk, Midnight. Those have helped me to find the answer whenever I think I'm losing my way.

For the moment I feel hopeless: Prospekt's March/Poppyfields. This song describes the moments when I feel like hope doesn't exist, and that helps me to realize I'm not the only one who has felt like that.

For the moments I feel anything is possible: Adventure Of A Lifetime, Miracles, Everything's not Lost, Amazing Day. Most of the times I feel like I can make my dreams come true. That the only thing I need to do is to keep working hard and to look at the wonderful things around me.

Also, there are songs that has a special meaning for being part of an specific moment of my life. For example, A Head Full Of Dreams was the first song I heard live; Midnight came in the moment I needed to find inner peace; Paradise led me to discover the band; and Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall reinforced my believes.

As you can see I can't just name one. Their songs are a meaningful part of my life. Their lyrics resonate in what I'm leaving.

• Like 5

I don't have that one song that has a really special meaning to me cause I connect it with a certain thing that happened, but there are definitely some special ones for me.

Clocks gives me a really special feeling cause I feel like it's that kind of song that's always been there since I can remember, I never actually thought about it too much before I got into coldplay but all my childhood I heard it playing on the radio every now and then. Now when I listen to it it gives me a really melanchonic feeling, I like to imagine the younger me sitting in the radio having no idea the band she's listening to with one ear will one day become her obsession lol.

ETIAW actually is really special to me as well cause it often describes so well how I'm feeling

"I turn the music up, I got my records on

I shut the world outside until the lights come on

Maybe the streets alight, maybe the trees are gone

I feel my heart start beating to my favourite song"

I like to listen to it when I am frustrated and feel like music is my only esacape.

The Scientist and especially Fix You are special to me because I love them so much I can't even describe and they're the songs I'll turn to when I feel low. I don't listen to them too often (compared to some others) cause when I do I'll have them on repeat for at least half an hour.

Fly On is special in a different way to me, I can't describe it actually, it puts me in such a peaceful mood and makes me see the good songs in the world. Apart from that it was one of the first coldplay songs I really loved even before I became a real fan (I think the first was True Love...)

Amazing Day has a special meaning to me cause it expresses how I often see the world recently and it brings me back to my happiest times I had as a coldplay fan.

Up&Up is special because of its incredible message and because it's the closer of the album and tour.

AHFOD was the first song I heard live as well:D

And I Ran Away is special to me now because of The I Ran Away Project:D

(Sorry for the long post[emoji23])

• Like 4

Yellow - the first song I heard by them. Saw it on MTV2 and thought they were some indie band. I was 12 at the time.

Politik - The song felt like bliss when I first heard it, especially the second half.

Square One - I was in high school and had no friends. This song sounded big but close.

Midnight - Helped me with depression

Always in my Head - One of my favourite songs from a purely musical standpoint. Gorgeous melodies and sound design, despite being so simple. Also reminded me of someone I was in love with, at the time.

• Like 4