✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Fix You Organ Sound played with real Korg Triton Rack!

gabry1090

Hi guys, after a lot of efforts I've managed to recreate the original Fix You Organ sound with the real piece of equipment used by Chris Martin. This is a Korg Triton Rack, and man, you won't believe how good it sounds!

Very impressive. Have a question. Is the sound heard from the actual rack or does it play through an external device?

Very impressive. Have a question. Is the sound heard from the actual rack or does it play through an external device?

Midi out > Triton Rack > Usb Soundcard > Ableton Live (no effects only used to record)

So you are hearing the clean sound from the Triton Rack if that's your question :)

alrighty cool. One last question is there any difference between your rack and this one?[ATTACH=full]6335[/ATTACH]

It looks completely different from mine, look at the video, mine is identical to Chris Martin's one, this isn't the Triton Rack.

It looks completely different from mine, look at the video, mine is identical to Chris Martin's one, this isn't the Triton Rack.

Well according to eBay its another model of the Triton Rack, but does not look as user friendly as yours. I'll most likely pick up a model similar to yours

Well according to eBay its another model of the Triton Rack, but does not look as user friendly as yours. I'll most likely pick up a model similar to yours

You need to buy my model, not a similar one :) my model is the original Korg Triton, you have the photos, can't go wrong ;)

Got my Triton Rack today! It's a neat device for real. How can you create the 2nd organ? Only asking because it was not in your video.

You need to turn up the 3rd knob wich acts as a drawbar. But if you tweak the sound as I did with the rotary, you won't get the correct 2nd organ sound. So you'll need another rack, that's why they have 2 of them. I don't think it's a good idea to buy another one though ahah :)

You need to turn up the 3rd knob wich acts as a drawbar. But if you tweak the sound as I did with the rotary, you won't get the correct 2nd organ sound. So you'll need another rack, that's why they have 2 of them. I don't think it's a good idea to buy another one though ahah :)

yeah one is good enough for me haha, thanks though!

• Like 1

Actually found what I believe is the actual sound for organ 1, try messing with Prog mode. It's called dark jazz organ.

No it's not. It is n8 in combi mode sure of that 100%, look at keyboard magazine video, it is combination mode. You need to tweak 1st and 4th knob yes, but also internally in the sound chain, you need to change all the settings of the rotary and so on. I also think that the organs used to do the combi sound were tweaked in the drawbars settings, you can hear different harmonics in Fix You (5th 7th ecc) while in the original korg triton preset these are missing. So you need to look for that in the combi setting, keep in mind their names and then find them and tweak them. I gave up ahahah

Is there any way of getting in touch with Matt Miller (R42) and asking him about the exact settings used? He has a Twitter account!

I doubt he would mind revealing the settings anymore since they don't play Fix You live with the organ sound anymore (except for a small outro occasionally), but just have the Midnight synth as backing instead.

• Like 1

Is there any way of getting in touch with Matt Miller (R42) and asking him about the exact settings used? He has a Twitter account!

I doubt he would mind revealing the settings anymore since they don't play Fix You live with the organ sound anymore (except for a small outro occasionally), but just have the Midnight synth as backing instead.

I guess you could @ him on twitter but I doubt he would tell us. I'm thinking after this tour they'll go back to playing it normally (hopefully lol).