✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Line On The Horizon: an ongoing film by Jack Mason (myself) (ENDED)

arushofjacktothehead

So, I have news. Three new various artists albums are coming down the drainpipe, one entitled Alternative Effects Box 2.0, one entitled Fragmented and of course the first of the AHFOD project albums, which will be a redo of LP7. But, since September last year, another reason I've been off these forums, delaying projects and overall not being active here is this:

I'm working on a full-length indie film. Yeah. A film.

''New Line On The Horizon'' is an ongoing project, set to be released around 2019/2020. The story revolves around me and my rock band, but then evolves after the first half into a surprise, complex and different story than how it first began. It's a combination of drama & thriller (a music-based drama-thriller), and it features music by Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, Interpol, Incubus, Kasabian, Boards Of Canada and Coldplay. It is heavily inspired by the popular 90's flick ''Trainspotting'' and is set out like an indie film would be, but there's no limits. Everything fits together in the story, but anything could happen, at anytime. Another inspiration for this film is ''The Walking Dead'', where the TV show's story starts off being just Rick, but evolves into a whole host of other characters later down the line.

The script, storyline and first concept posters have all been completed and I've cast some people, planning to cast even more over the next couple of weeks. You could say it's a film that's promoting our first EP, ''New Year's Day'', which will be released at the end of the year, but it's also a full-fledged ''fuck-you'' to modern celebrity culture and politics, and it's a well deserved amount of praise towards different indie culture in the UK.

NLOTH.thumb.PNG.ae288f32c0dc363e5e37137e20005dd8.PNG

So, I have news. Three new various artists albums are coming down the drainpipe, one entitled Alternative Effects Box 2.0, one entitled Fragmented and of course the first of the AHFOD project albums, which will be a redo of LP7. But, since September last year, another reason I've been off these forums, delaying projects and overall not being active here is this:

I'm working on a full-length indie film. Yeah. A film.

''New Line On The Horizon'' is an ongoing project, set to be released around 2019/2020. The story revolves around me and my rock band, but then evolves after the first half into a surprise, complex and different story than how it first began. It's a combination of drama & thriller (a music-based drama-thriller), and it features music by Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, Interpol, Incubus, Kasabian, Boards Of Canada and Coldplay. It is heavily inspired by the popular 90's flick ''Trainspotting'' and is set out like an indie film would be, but there's no limits. Everything fits together in the story, but anything could happen, at anytime. Another inspiration for this film is ''The Walking Dead'', where the TV show's story starts off being just Rick, but evolves into a whole host of other characters later down the line.

The script, storyline and first concept posters have all been completed and I've cast some people, planning to cast even more over the next couple of weeks. You could say it's a film that's promoting our first EP, ''New Year's Day'', which will be released at the end of the year, but it's also a full-fledged ''fuck-you'' to modern celebrity culture and politics, and it's a well deserved amount of praise towards different indie culture in the UK.

[ATTACH=full]6700[/ATTACH]

raw

• Like 1

this sounds awesome! do you have any sort of social media accounts people can follow?

(also... just throwing this out there: i'm a motion graphics animator, so if you ever need any like cool promos or fancy title sequences edited together, you know where to find me ;) )

yeah. @project_seventeen on instagram and my normal account is @jlm2002 which doesn't have much on the film but you can message me on here and discuss it. I could use a fancy title sequence for the beginning (make it as indie as possible though)

• 2 months later...