✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Song over-prodution

Gsilva

Hey guys.

So i think the Everglow's studio version is over-produced, Everglow is my favorite song but i only like the live version because it has more emotion(i like the song, not the record on the album). Is it just me or does someone else shares the same opinion. Also, could you tell me what trophie points is?

Thank you

I don't really like the album version either, I like the single version much better, because as you say, it has so much more emotion. It is such an emotional song it doesn't need anything but his voice and his piano. The album version is a little too much. Seeing the video version for the first time was truly magic to me, and it still is, it's so perfect.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Honestly, over-produced or not (hey, X&Y), I think most of Coldplay's songs 'work' better live. As you said, there is a certain degree of emotion and depth live that just doesn't exist studio-wise.

For example: Almost every song on AROBTH. I don't think anyone would argue that that album is over-produced, but listening to live performances of 'Politik', 'Daylight', 'AROBTH', 'Amsterdam'... the studio versions, while lovely, just don't come close. Just my two cents though.

• Like 2

For example: Almost every song on AROBTH. I don't think anyone would argue that that album is over-produced, but listening to live performances of 'Politik', 'Daylight', 'AROBTH', 'Amsterdam'... the studio versions, while lovely, just don't come close. Just my two cents though.

i have to agree - i think that's one of the things that holds me back from liking it as much as i like VLVODAAHF, because when i think about AROBTTH i think about the studio versions, not the live versions.

• Like 2

i have to agree - i think that's one of the things that holds me back from liking it as much as i like VLVODAAHF, because when i think about AROBTTH i think about the studio versions, not the live versions.

I LOVE Viva, don't get me wrong, but it can't touch AROBTH for me. But, Coldplay being the kind of band they are, I understand that this is just my personal experience/sentimentality talking. But I can agree that one of the reasons I love Viva so much is because it's a bit "under-produced". Something more akin to Parachutes (this may be the first time those two have ever been directly compared hahaha).

• Like 2