✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Does birds have a mandolin?

Gsilva

Hey

In birds theres an instrument allways playing in my left side (since my earphones are a little trashed the instrumental is amplified and you ear things you never heard before.......remember when i said this?) and i thought it was the acoustic guitar. BUT it seems too high pitched thus me thinking its a mandolin.

You can ear it from 1:38 in this video

What do you think?

This is probably Chris playing the acoustic guitar in a pretty weird way something similar can be spotted in Hypnotised at around 3:10, but more in tune. I think that Chris explained these sounds in this interview back in the days at 8:00.

• Like 2

I read this thread title as "Do birds have a mandolin ?" in the 'latest replies' list on the homepage and thought this was another spam thread :joy:

I wanted to suggest you look at the Birds stems. They have recently been posted in this thread if i remember correctly: https://www.coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/coldplay-stems-multitracks.90873/page-11

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Actually, the song credits state that 'Birds' incorporates Moses Martin playing the guitar. My guess is that Moses plays that almost odd guitar part you hear on the left channel of the song. That would explain why it sounds like 'amateur playing' (no ofense to you, Moses :P )