✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Songs that manage to buoy you up

M Marks The Spot

I've had the idea of creating this thread for a very long time but I wasn't really sure how to approach this topic. This time I've decided to bring it on as I was told that the Christmas season is the most stressful time of year. Well, that certainly depends on an individual person.

I believe it would be truly nice if we shared songs "that manage to buoy us up" with each other so we would learn what one listens to when they feel low and try to cheer themselves up. I know that this is not the easiest task. However, if you sense that you have to something to offer us, feel free to share your thoughts!

This doesn't have to be restricted to the Coldplay only, you can write about any songs by any musicians or bands. Just do as you wish. Feel free to drop here anything appropriate for the purpose of this thread. Any of your input will be surely appreciated! :)

(I'm sorry if a thread similar to this one had been already made.)

I'll begin with the first track mentioned here. I didn't need to think twice about this choice as it has always managed to buck up my spirits whenever I've been feeling down. This song is pure joy and happiness. It includes such an uplifting and pleasant melody that never fails to enthuse me. It just sounds really gratifying which is one of those factors that makes Paradise truly special. Not to mention the lyrics which might appear to be simple yet powerful and moving. Every time I hear this song, I have a feeling there's someone invisible hugging me. It's very simple to imagine the Coldplay members trying to reach out to me through their music which they eventually succeed in.

Paradise reminds me of the times when I felt neglected which led me to often stay on my own. During that period I tried to find something to call mine because it wasn't really easy for me to get involved in activities that my peers had joined in. I often daydream and wonder what I would like to experience to make myself happy and spice up my life a little bit. Then it comes, "this could be para-para-paradise, para-para-paradise..."

This reflection would seem incomplete if I didn't mention few words about the music video. There's nothing much to say about it, though. The plot is pretty clear as it just follows the lyrics. They both complement each other really well. A wonderful video has added more points ot the song which makes it more extraordinary!

You know what? It's funny how such big impact a song can have on you. It takes a while to accept that fact. When one admits it, they truly find out that a particular song has just become a part of their life, the soundtrack of their life.

• Like 5

It depends on what kind of buoying I need. For example:

Working out:

Lose Yourself, Eminem

The Greatest, Sia

What You Waiting For, Gwen Stefani

Going to Work:

Miracles, Someone Special, Coldplay

Hall of Fame, The Script with Will.i.am

(Girls) Run the World, Beyonce (also workout)

American Oxygen, Rihanna

Depressed or Anxious

Don't Panic, Coldplay

Paradise, Coldplay

GPASUYF, Coldplay (also workout, especially Live 2012 version)

• Like 3

Another week has arrived which means another dose of thoughts, another review, another song that manages to buoy me up...

This time it's a song I have already shared here on these forums as you might have noticed. There's a reason why. It's one of the most superb tunes that I've ever heard before. It's relaxing and calming at the same time. Something rare to be found in music nowadays, I believe. What if we close our eyes while we're listening to this track? When I do so, my imagination instantly takes me to a sunny beach, I may call it a tropical paradise as well. This doesn't have to be a coincidence because of this single being a part of the official soundtrack for a film "The Beach" named after a novel of the same name. But what if we heard this song when we would be actually standing at the edge of a beach looking at shores? Yeah, that's how this song makes me feel.

The lyrics say it all themselves. You could be complaining and moaning that something has gone wrong or happened differently than you thought. That's when I play this song and tell myself that everything's not lost and I just have to learn a lesson and move on. I've run along many moors, walked through many doors and still been looking for a place where I wanna be. Another situation, you could have lost someone you dearly love but you want to stay with that person or reconnect with them somehow. That's when you're moving, coming, following your inner voice or whoever speaks to you, swimming, not drowning, reaching that person.

It's about life of us all just as the lyrics depict it, don't they?

Paradise because its not only so uplifting but because its the song that really makes me realise how special Coldplay are. There is something about when the whole band comes in for the first time and those strings float on top. You just think this band is incredible, end of story.

• Like 1

I know this thread isn't just about Coldplay, but I can't help not talking about their songs in here since so many of them fit this criteria for me. Right now I'm going to start with a simple one that's been growing on me a lot recently: Us Against The World Live 2012. The song itself already gives a great feeling, however this version in perticular really elevates the song for me. Call me biased, the first thing right of the bat that I noticed is how much more spotlight was given to Will's vocals (and those who know me know I'm a sucker for those :D). For me, Will's angelic voice is always a plus but in this perticular song he not only complements Chris's vocals really well, he also adds something to it! Although that would already be enough reason to love it, it's not the only one. I also adore the way the song is built up live, with each member entering one by one. It's a great way to see their individual contribution to the song. The way that the audience react to each of them really warms my heart and it somehow makes me feel less lonely when I listen to it. :heart:

• Like 4

I also adore the way the song is built up live, with each member entering one by one. It's a great way to see their individual contribution to the song. The way that the audience react to each of them really warms my heart and it somehow makes feel less lonely when I listen to it.

I feel the same when listening to that song. It is such a heartwarming and uplifting song.

Recently I have become quite fond of 'Glass of Water', a very underrated song which has an uplifting rhythm and a great tune. It just makes me feel happy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

learn to swim (over/against the emotional tides/hard storms), not drowning~ in a long reflection on life/experiences, this is exactly what I feel...and the clue/more fundamentals behind emotion(or internal emotional reactions) are about Love, and the meanings of life...

• Like 1

Hi, would you mind sharing a bit of what you feel about the theme of this song? I could feel this part "The way that the audience react to each of them really warms my heart and it somehow makes me feel less lonely when I listen to it." But besides the music/voice/live performance atmosphere, is there anything else, what does this song itself convey to you? Thanks, I just feel I didn't get the essence of this song clearly, although it is individual/timing based.

But besides the music/voice/live performance atmosphere, is there anything else, what does this song itself convey to you? Thanks, I just feel I didn't get the essence of this song clearly, although it is individual/timing based.

It's a bit hard for me to express what the song conveys for me since english is not my first language but I will try my best. For me this song in general is about starting again and learning from past experiences.If actually look deep into it, the song is quite sad but there's a sense of hope, to never forget we aren't alone in our darkest moments even if it feels like it sometimes. I also love the line "If we could float away, fly up to the surface and just start again, and lift off before trouble just erodes us in the rain..." , it ties to my interpretation of song and it's a desire of mine.

• Like 2

Hi,

Thank you so much for sharing, although English is not my first language either, but I think you put it so well~:) or maybe, why certain people feel sth. so strong or triggering, is because of some similar/common life experiences....Co. music is really magic and amazing sometimes, even one song or one line can restore the hope/light in the hardest time. I've experienced sth. very devastating and almost unrepairable:sob:...but maybe there are chances to mend and heal ultimately...even it might be very risky or painful...I truly wish you hope/light/faith in whatever you may choose to do~ *peace and support* learn to swim/fly...

• Like 1

This song falls under those uplifting and optimistic ones in whose subtext one can have difficulty finding anything melancholic or gloomy. Even though it's clear to whom you could dedicate this track, you might be doubtful whether you want to embolden someone else or you want to be encouraged by a different person. Either way, Shine doesn't fail to deliver a message which we shouldn't only keep to ourselves but share with people who we think need it most. :sun: