✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My friends are really letting me down..

LifeIs4Living

Yeah..my friends are letting me down lately, they're breaking plans, and not really caring about anything..I help them out with their problems, if I have a problem no ones there..it makes me feel like shit, and I'm sick of it..I put so much into frienships and get little back, I mean..i don't like complaining but, I'm really mad that some of my really good friends are just simply not caring.. :disappointed: :x :sad2:

blue flashing light - travis:

You better hold on

Cause it’s saturday night

And your friends are all out

And you feel like shit

Cause they never call you

No they never call you

No they never call

Never call

Never bloody ever

Call me a name and I’ll hit you again

You’re a slut, you’re a bitch, you’re a whore

Talked to your daddy in that tone of voice

Yeah..my friends are letting me down lately' date=' they're breaking plans, and not really caring about anything..I help them out with their problems, if I have a problem no ones there..it makes me feel like shit, and I'm sick of it..I put so much into frienships and get little back, I mean..i don't like complaining but, I'm really mad that some of my really good friends are just simply not caring.. :disappointed: :x :sad2:[/quote']

that's exactly how I was feeling a while ago! People just change when you least expect them to and as much as you try on your part there's not much you can do to stop them changing :confused: It's a horrible thing to go through but things will get better soon :)

speaking of travis songs, just listen to follow the light! That song is sooooo happy and always cheers me up :P

awww thanks fifi :) I just hate how some people can be your really good friends, then like..the next day they're other people...errr...but Follow the light...that is a beautiful beautiful song..I'm listening to a song called "Everybody's Changing" by a GREAT band who opened for Travis when I saw them, Keane :)

Sometimes things happen to make you realise who your real friends are. I think also at different times of our lives our friendships change. The ones that stick with you through thick and thin, they are your real friends. I also think the older you get the more difficult it is to make new friends. Thats why that line in the Baz Luhrman song is true. 'The older you get, the more you need the friends you had when you were young'

Okay old person finished thinking out loud :D ;) As you were people :blush: ;)

Sometimes things happen to make you realise who your real friends are. I think also at different times of our lives our friendships change. The ones that stick with you through thick and thin, they are your real friends. I also think the older you get the more difficult it is to make new friends. Thats why that line in the Baz Luhrman song is true. 'The older you get, the more you need the friends you had when you were young'

Okay old person finished thinking out loud :D ;) As you were people :blush: ;)

But sometimes people just change. I don't think it's about "real friends" or loyalty.

Well, maybe it kind of is.

Being a real friend sometimes means knowing when you're growing apart. There are many friendships people have out of custom, when neither person is receiving anything from the other yet continue the friendship out of reverence for history. In your teenage years many decisions are made to discard or reevaluate your friends from previous years. This reevaluation is natural, and neither party to it is necessarily bad.

I think it's just a part of growing up.

This kind of phenomenon also happens later in life, when your peer group starts to develop careers and family and their need for social interaction decreases.

It's all natural.

OK .... Richard's stopping now.

But sometimes people just change. I don't think it's about "real friends" or loyalty.

Well, maybe it kind of is.

Being a real friend sometimes means knowing when you're growing apart. There are many friendships people have out of custom, when neither person is receiving anything from the other yet continue the friendship out of reverence for history. In your teenage years many decisions are made to discard or reevaluate your friends from previous years. This reevaluation is natural, and neither party to it is necessarily bad.

I think it's just a part of growing up.

This kind of phenomenon also happens later in life, when your peer group starts to develop careers and family and their need for social interaction decreases.

It's all natural.

OK .... Richard's stopping now.

Well said Richard. I agree with you, our lives develop and change at different times, according to circumstance and life choices. Friends come and go, that's the way life is. I think the trick is to value those around us, appreciate the friendships, but understand and sometimes make the tough decision when it is time to move on. We learn a lesson from everyone we meet, good or bad, at the time we may not know. We are learning all the time.