✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

err bit underwhelmed

elroy bo

So I've given the new album a few listens and I'm not that keen...

It's not terrible... and there are some really good songs but some of the instrumentals and one song is basically a half-finished demo...

I live the idea of bands doing a double album, but think maybe they'd been better paring it down...

Most Coldplay albums are pretty lean affairs...

I felt the same exact way when I first heard it, but it has grown A LOT on me. I am actually really glad I listened to the leak because I was able to let the songs sit for almost two weeks before the live show. If I hadn't done that, the live streams would have been more underwhelming for me.

So you are not alone in feeling that way, but give it some more time and you might like it a lot more. I agree with you though about it being short. It's a double album, but at the same time it's really not haha. Either way there are some killer songs on it!

Church

Trouble in Town

Champion of the World

Everyday Life

Flags

I like the others as well, but those are probably my top 5.

• Like 5

And 'Cry, Cry, Cry' I could live without. WOTW/POTP just sounds a bit like a scribble. There's too many instrumentals - 'When I Need a Friend' and 'Bani Adam' seem a bit pointless.

And I like 'Flags' too but it is not on the album.

• Like 1

I felt the same exact way when I first heard it, but it has grown A LOT on me. I am actually really glad I listened to the leak because I was able to let the songs sit for almost two weeks before the live show. If I hadn't done that, the live streams would have been more underwhelming for me.

So you are not alone in feeling that way, but give it some more time and you might like it a lot more. I agree with you though about it being short. It's a double album, but at the same time it's really not haha. Either way there are some killer songs on it!

Church

Trouble in Town

Champion of the World

Everyday Life

Flags

I like the others as well, but those are probably my top 5.

So i guess i am looking forward to your Trouble in Town piano tutorial on Youtube :rolleyes:

• Like 1

And 'Cry, Cry, Cry' I could live without. WOTW/POTP just sounds a bit like a scribble. There's too many instrumentals - 'When I Need a Friend' and 'Bani Adam' seem a bit pointless.

And I like 'Flags' too but it is not on the album.

The more i listen to When I Need a Friend the more i like it. The harmonies are great and it has such a "peaceful" vibe! I would've liked it one - two minutes longer or some part where only Chris is singing.

And Bani Adam piano part is maybe their best "instrumental" ever :eek::heart_eyes:

• Like 2