October 20, 200916 yr They do that almost after every gig. Depends on their timetable and the location but seeing that will be the last concert, I'm pretty sure they'll stay. Gary comes out first to meet the fans so you have a big chance of meeting him. The others ... they tend to stay inside for a bit. If you see the tour buses somewhere and are able to stand near them - do that! The crew is so lovely as well and they tell you if the boys are still there and when they are likely to come out. Good luck on meeting them! :nice:
October 20, 200916 yr All right, thanks for the advice. :) It's not really the safest area to be standing outside the venue, but I'm sure it'll be okay if there's lots of people.
October 20, 200916 yr ^I'm sure there'll be people waiting after. Good luck meeting them and have a blast at the show! But yeah, what Bianca said is true... look for the tour buses. :)
October 20, 200916 yr At my gig the tour buses were parked right infront of the entrance, so ... :lol: Try your best and if you don't have to work tomorrow or have to go to school or something you can definetely wait, there's no excuse. :D So better take one of their booklets or a photo of them with you so that they can sign it. :cheesy: And take LOTS of photos! Please. :nice:
October 20, 200916 yr haha..."polar teddies" sounds real cute! :lol: Does the band tend to stay after the show often? I'd love to meet them and have seen several pictures of fans with them, but I'm not sure of how frequently they do that. haha...i'm thinking of trying my luck to meet them too for when i see them in Bristol. tho i'll probably need to really layer up for the nite...it's getting pretty cold here & i'm proving to be not much of a "polar teddy". :\ hope you do get lucky with meeting the band, but have a blast at the show anyway! & +1 to the requests to take loads of photos! :D oh & do you guys think this tee would be suitable for a Snow Patrol gig? ;)
October 20, 200916 yr At my gig the tour buses were parked right infront of the entrance, so ... :lol: Try your best and if you don't have to work tomorrow or have to go to school or something you can definetely wait, there's no excuse. :D So better take one of their booklets or a photo of them with you so that they can sign it. :cheesy: And take LOTS of photos! Please. :nice: Unfortunately, I have a class at 8:00 tomorrow morning, so I'm gonna be a zombie in there. :lol: I'll do my best to sneak a camera in (I've heard they're pretty strict at this venue). I didn't even think about an autograph, though. Better bring a CD booklet. Good idea. :) Anyways, I'm starting my string of classes in a bit so I probably won't be online again until tomorrow. I'll give a review of the show, no worries (and hopefully pics too).
October 20, 200916 yr have fun tonight, Michael... and good luck meeting the guys! @Kimmi- I love that t-shirt! It's so cute and perfect for a SP gig! :nice:
October 20, 200916 yr oh & do you guys think this tee would be suitable for a Snow Patrol gig? ;) Definetely, it's really cute. :nice: Unfortunately, I have a class at 8:00 tomorrow morning, so I'm gonna be a zombie in there. :lol: I'll do my best to sneak a camera in (I've heard they're pretty strict at this venue). I didn't even think about an autograph, though. Better bring a CD booklet. Good idea. :) Anyways, I'm starting my string of classes in a bit so I probably won't be online again until tomorrow. I'll give a review of the show, no worries (and hopefully pics too). Well, I had luck because I took my best friend with me and she was a real Snow Patrol newbe. So she lend all my CDs for a week before the gig and forgot to give them back to me. She brought them with her to the gig and at first I was annoyed because I thought they might break or get demaged during the concert but they didn't. And in the end I got all my three albums signed by them plus the tourbook I bought. :smug: I got the first two albums later, but I don't care too much because I could have only let Gary and Jonny sign them for they were the only members playing in 'old' and 'new' Snow Patrol. ;)
October 21, 200916 yr Just got back. Amazing show. Stayed after and met Gary. Caught a guitar pick from a roadie but LOST IT SOMEWHERE! GRR! Pics tomorrow. Very sleepy now.
October 21, 200916 yr PIC TIME! Unfortunately, all my pictures of Nathan (who I was closest to) came out really blurry for whatever reason, so I hope you like Gary a lot. I didn't take too many pics altogether, but here are the decent-looking ones: Also, it was Paul's birthday, so he had us all cheer for Paul. And of course, me surrounded by Asians and some stranger in a hood. :P Also accidentally filmed a few seconds of The Lightning Strike before I realized I hit the record button. Not gonna upload that right now, though. :laugh3: BTW, here was the setlist to the best of my memory: If There's A Rocket Tie Me To It Chocolate Hands Open How To Be Dead Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking The Golden Floor Make This Go On Forever Run Shut Your Eyes Chasing Cars Crack The Shutters Just Say Yes Take Back the City Open Your Eyes The Lightning Strike You're All I Have
October 21, 200916 yr ^Michael, that's awesome! So cool that you got a (great!) pic with Gary. Your pics look great, too! So glad you had a good time and hopefully you'll find that pick where you least expect it!
October 21, 200916 yr Sooooo great that you met Gary! :cheesy: Very well done! I met him (and made a total fool out of me - but it was my friend's fault!) but forgot to take a photo. Seriously. I thought we shouldn't bother him any longer because he already was in his sleeping suit (or what you wear on tour as a sleeping suit :D). So ... :rolleyes:
October 21, 200916 yr Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I lost the pick somewhere in the parking lot when I was taking out my keys. :( I found another pic I forgot to upload:
October 21, 200916 yr And of course, me surrounded by Asians and some stranger in a hood. :P heh...who would've figured that you'd be surrounded by my fellow Asians all the way in LA? :lol: but it's great that you got to meet Gary! & those shots are awesome! :D
October 21, 200916 yr Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I lost the pick somewhere in the parking lot when I was taking out my keys. :( I found another pic I forgot to upload: That's a fantastic shot of Nathan! and here, I felt like posting this again... I don't get to hear it nearly enough... [ame= ] [/ame] When it came out, I said I liked the song but that the video was just OK. I take it back. I now LOVE the song, as well as the video. I think I'm developing a little crush on Gary. :wacky:
October 22, 200916 yr [/url] When it came out, I said I liked the song but that the video was just OK. I take it back. I now LOVE the song, as well as the video. I think I'm developing a little crush on Gary. :wacky: i quite like the song...& the video to go with it. love the all white getups. haha now, for their next video, i'd like to see them in eskimo suits pls. :P & who wouldn't have a crush on Gary? he's just plain adorkable...haha (i've no idea why even...i just think he's adorkable :dozey: )
October 22, 200916 yr @Kimmi- yeah, Gary's absolutely adorkable. That's the perfect adjective. :wacky: OK Patrollers, a question for you: Fave 3 songs on FS, EO, and AHMS?? for me (right this minute, anyway): Final Straw 1. Chocolate 2. Run 3. How to Be Dead Eyes Open 1. Hands Open 2. Set the Fire to the Third Bar 3. It's Beginning to Get to Me A Hundred Millions Suns 1. The Lightning Strike 2. Set Down Your Glass 3. The Planets Bend Between Us I've got SP on a loop right now... can't get enough. :heart:
October 22, 200916 yr Final Straw Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking Spitting Games (my first song. :heart:) Tiny Little Fractures Eyes Open Open Your Eyes Chasing Cars (LIVE. Just... live. omg.) Hands Open (MASSIVE HEAVY RIFF) A Hundred Million Suns The Lightning Strike Disaster Button The Golden Floor
October 22, 200916 yr Final Straw 1. Run 2. Somewhere a Clock is Ticking 3. Chocolate Eyes Open 1. Make This Go On Forever (favorite SP song overall) 2. Set the Fire to the Third Bar 3. Open Your Eyes A Hundred Millions Suns 1. The Lightning Strike 2. Please Just Take These Photos from My Hands 3. The Planets Bend Between Us
October 23, 200916 yr Final Straw Chocolate Spitting Games Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking Eyes Open Shut Your Eyes - made me totally fall in love with them when it was released You're All I Have Make This Go One Forever A Hundred Million Suns If There's A Rocket Tie Me To It Please Just Takes These Photos From My Hands Engiens - loveliest chorus I know. :nice:
October 23, 200916 yr Okay, ladies and gentlemen, here are my Top 3: Final Straw 1. Run (made me fall in love with them in the first place :)) 2. Somewhere a clock is ticking 3. Grazed knees Eyes Open (that one's VERY tough!) 1. Make this go on forever 2. You're all I have 3. Hands open (especially live :cheesy:) A Hundred Million Suns 1. Crack the shutters (:heart::wacky::bomb::dead:!!) 2. The Lightning Strike 3. If there's a rocket tie me to it
Create an account or sign in to comment