🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: oh. & Foals too! :)

yeah!!! They opened for SP in Paris and the drummer was seated just in front of me :D (+the parents of another member of the band, the mum was very enthousiastic during Foals set and even more during SP! The drummer texts his friend (saw it over his shoulder... :sneaky:) 'your mum is up off her seat jumping...' :laugh3: )

:heart: We love you, Gar.

oh yeah, we do :heart:

/just thinking

only because of Gary I found Bon Iver. Now it's one of my fav bands.

God bless you G.

^Nice point, the man always have great advice about music! I first listened to Frightened Rabbit thanks to him! :)

Btw, Kimmi, how was the FR gig you went to? :D

I found those two tnx to gL. And since I probably won't be able to connect to internet for next 10 days or so.

I wish you all a very happy Christmas and New Year.

And I hope we all get new blogs, new album and maybe a few concerts in 2011. :)

Thank you! All the best for 2011! :hug:

All I wish for is many many gigs! :awesome:

yeah!!! They opened for SP in Paris and the drummer was seated just in front of me :D (+the parents of another member of the band, the mum was very enthousiastic during Foals set and even more during SP! The drummer texts his friend (saw it over his shoulder... :sneaky:) 'your mum is up off her seat jumping...' :laugh3: )

Yes, I remember the drummer seated the row in front of me too ;) At one point, a woman noticed him, came up to him and asked him to sign her ticket! He looked a bit surprised, didn't he? ^^

Yes, I remember the drummer seated the row in front of me too ;) At one point, a woman noticed him, came up to him and asked him to sign her ticket! He looked a bit surprised, didn't he? ^^

Yeah, that's how I get it was him :lol: (I'm a bit slow and my mind was on SP mode... :rolleyes: ) It was cute cause it was obvious he was not used to be asked for autographs :heart:

Just found out Snow patrol song was used for Formula 2 video.

Maybe it's just me, i thought i feel a bit odd sp song used for racing video montage? i don't know:\

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6BD70H6GDY]YouTube - FIA Gala 2010 - Formula 2 Season[/ame]

Just found out Snow patrol song was used for Formula 2 video.

Maybe it's just me, i thought i feel a bit odd sp song used for racing video montage? i don't know:\

:inquisitive: have they listen to the lyrics?!! :lol:

MERRY PATROLY CHRISTMAS!!!

85246.jpg

You can find other gig poster of the Patrol here (love the second one with CP!)

http://www.gigposters.com/band/36143_Snow_Patrol.html

oh yeah, we do :heart:

they must be quite young then...to be accompanied by a mum & all...are they younger than the Jonquil boys? haha there were jokes going around where i was standing at the TP gig about the Jonquil boys probably being in their early/mid teens only. :laugh3:

^Nice point, the man always have great advice about music! I first listened to Frightened Rabbit thanks to him! :)

Btw, Kimmi, how was the FR gig you went to? :D

it was great! FRabbit are all kinds of awesome live! we managed to get into the front row & centre + the venue's stage was really close to us so i got a few great photos/videos. & i'm no Gary L as far as music appreciation goes, but i thought their support act Admiral Fallow was really good too.

& i got the "beard" that Scott FRabbit drew (he draws VERY well) for the night's gig! just £10 at the merch stall...manned by a guy who'd thought i'd mistakenly gone there looking for "beer". :dozey:

5240079604_0a309c2662_z.jpg

...ying56, i think this drawing must've been destined to be mine. haha :sneaky:

btw i can't understand what they're saying in the video, but why's there so many F1 drivers + Bernie in the beginning of the video if it's a F2 thing? :confused:

:inquisitive: have they listen to the lyrics?!! :lol:

MERRY PATROLY CHRISTMAS!!!

85246.jpg

You can find other gig poster of the Patrol here (love the second one with CP!)

http://www.gigposters.com/band/36143_Snow_Patrol.html

i love that poster! :D i can't find it being sold anywhere online so far, but then i already have 2 SP posters - the summer-y one with the shadow wearing a pair of headphones & the blue/white one with the "snow patroller" (who looks like a Rebel Alliance trooper in a Hoth snow gear) looking at the gramophone. incidentally, the guy who did the "snow patroller" poster also did one for Coldplay & the Franz Ferdinand one he did's really cool...a moveable puppet Alex Kapranos!

anyway, a Happy Christmas to everyone here! & since this is the SP thread...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7PUCTy97Os]Snow Patrol - Just Like Christmas[/ame]

:santa: :earmuffs: :hat:

they must be quite young then...to be accompanied by a mum & all...are they younger than the Jonquil boys? haha there were jokes going around where i was standing at the TP gig about the Jonquil boys probably being in their early/mid teens only. :laugh3:

Yeah, I filmed every gL banters on TP's gig and there is one with 'Jonquil are 12'... :lol: You can here me scream and laugh... :facepalm:

But I guess for Foals, it was just to support them, it's a nice trip to see a gig in Paris I guess...

anyway, a Happy Christmas to everyone here! & since this is the SP thread...

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all :kiss:

gL was supposed to DJ on 23rd in Belfast....I found no review of that yet.... Wonder if he did it or cancelled it... :thinking:

Anyway, I'm off on vacation for a week, so see you in the NY ladies!

the first song that i hear on Christmas day was SP song :wacky:

we sat down in the car and here it was "please take my hand, please take my hand. Just say yes, just say thereeeeee's nothing hooooolding you back" I awwwwed until my cousin changed the radio station...

Yeah, I filmed every gL banters on TP's gig and there is one with 'Jonquil are 12'... :lol: You can here me scream and laugh... :facepalm:

But I guess for Foals, it was just to support them, it's a nice trip to see a gig in Paris I guess...

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all :kiss:

gL was supposed to DJ on 23rd in Belfast....I found no review of that yet.... Wonder if he did it or cancelled it... :thinking:

Anyway, I'm off on vacation for a week, so see you in the NY ladies!

it must've felt like a generation gap between the TP guys & the Jonquil boys! especially for Peter... :laugh3:

as for the DJ set, hope it still happened...unless the snow problem that UK is struggling to deal with, especially in the north prevented it from going ahead.

& i was actually wondering if the SP guys somehow foresaw the travel chaos...since they ARE the Snow Patrol...& decided to stay on longer in Ireland over Christmas & New Year. there were photos in the papers of a completely snow covered (& beautiful) place/hill in Belfast from just last week or so!

http://www.roxwel.com/player/101xsnowpatrol.html?1=1&detect_bitrate=_700

a video i havent seen before :awesome: (not new though)

If you have seen it, nevermind, it never hurts to see Gary again, especially when he's as sexy as that. I mean can he get any hotter than in this video :bomb: that hair, those eyes, that smile, that voice, that sense of humour, his accent, the way he says his own name

http://www.roxwel.com/player/101xsnowpatrol.html?1=1&detect_bitrate=_700

a video i havent seen before :awesome: (not new though)

If you have seen it, nevermind, it never hurts to see Gary again, especially when he's as sexy as that. I mean can he get any hotter than in this video :bomb: that hair, those eyes, that smile, that voice, that sense of humour, his accent, the way he says his own name

Haven't seen that one :blush: thx for posting it! Gary Kent... :laugh3: I missed him!

may the 2011 be the best year ever fellow SP lovers. See ya next year :kiss:

Same :rolleyes:

I was hoping to find a post blog as a new year present but still nothing.... :bigcry: where is the patrol when the world is covered in snow?! XD

And let's finish with gL's Q track of the month for february, he advises to watch the music video. He told that Garrett showed it to him and he fell in love with the vid and the music ^^

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38EebZGTMKA]YouTube - Treefight For Sunlight - Facing The Sun[/ame]

as always, very nice!

/bump!

Just had a big laugh finding this on fuckyeahpolarteddies....

tumblr_leeyvyv9pQ1qdtumto1_500.jpg

:laugh3: this remind me of the german (?) ITV he did with Nathan where he said he had a sweat band and some lycra pants to do a Jane Fonda workout video...I thought he was totally joking but apparently he HAVE the sweat band.... :laugh3:

and

tumblr_lef18el2d11qdtumto1_500.jpg

<3

at least Gary could have wished us happy holidays :disappointed:

He's still has the all month to do it... :dozey: (please gL, don't wait till the 31 january to wish us a happy new year! :P )

^ I'm in love with the first pic :bomb:

ADORKABLE :heart:

....whose house it is anyways....:thinking:

I think that's his flat in London. The picture frame is the same as his Village People pic from his place there:

tumblr_l5baeevOq01qb4lgco1_500.jpg

That's my guess :shrug: