🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a feeling it's gonna be High Violet-y / The National-y...which'll be interesting to see how SP pull it off. as long as the whole album doesn't sound *too* similar...but then, they've got songs with gospel choirs in them. that's different already. :)

soon...excited for the album's release! *rubs hands in evilish glee*

i think somehow cos the SP guys had to work for a good 10yrs before they came anywhere near Coldplay's level of success with Parachutes/Yellow, they're a bit more genuinely appreciative of fans & know to put effort into making us feel like part of their "family".

either that or Gary's PR savviness/skills are bloody top notch! :P

& songs wise, i agree too. i personally feel that it's fairly obvious what Gary's singing about & you can relate to most of them. but with Coldplay's lyrics, aside from Fix You (& possibly Christmas Lights) which was quite obvious what it was about, the other songs are harder to work out what exactly Chris is singing about.

oh, & Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall actually reminded me of when Snow Patrol went & did Just Say Yes (re: the clubby beats)...'cept i think SP does a better job of making a good clubby sounding tune. but then, i guess SP has the advantage there since at least 2 of them do a lot of DJing, especially with Tom being the old hand at mixing beats.

+10000000000000000000000:laugh3:

I hope this album has a Jonsi, Sigur Ros like sound. :wacky:.

But even if it doesn't, it sounds like it's gonna be pretty damn awesome.

well snow patrol are always awesome so it's only natural that this has to be at least cool y'know

i have faith in the new coldplay album, i actually like the new stuff except for moving to mars. I think Snow Patrol are just more flexible with their styles of music which makes them more trustworthy with what they do. Both albums will be great i am sure of it. I think anyway………

the song titles of new album are out!!

New York, I'll Never Let Go, Signs of Life, The Garden Rules, Fallen Empires, Life-Ning, This isn't Everything You are, Called Out In The Dark

:laugh3::o:kiss:

Due date is in Autume, it's soon people, soon! :)

They wrote a song called 'New york'??? I'm going there this summer! Now I'll be able to mentally associated it to SP... :awesome:

I see he kept 'the garden rules'... :lol:

on their first album, songs for polarbears they have a track called NYC :D

surely that's not the full album? there's only 8 tracks there. What happened to being so many there'll be a deluxe version :(

EDIT: Ying where did you see that? it's not on there tumblr, facebook or twitter page and not on their website?

WOOOOW!!! :D I love the names!!!! They kept The Garden Rules... Bees and flies!!! :D

edit. Could you please give the link where you read that? I cant find it on official page? :D

U can read it here, it 's from thethirdbar.com.

I think that just partially song titles from the album, i'm sure there are more! :)

Inner Dance Monkeys is a song? :awesome: Where have you found the titles?

ahah, no :laugh3: It's on the 'diagram' Q made about SP new album, it's part 'guitar that don't sound like guitar', part this, part that and part 'inner dance monkey'... :laugh3:

The link to the article has been posted on the previous page (credit to thethirdbar.com ):

sp_q1.jpg

sp_q2.jpg

Oh, thank you. :) What happened to 'Unspeakable Things'?

There is only 8 songs listed...I don't think there will be only 8 songs on the album :) so "unspeakable things' can still be there somewhere!

I can picture what that might sound. Its like the sound that makes you all crazy inside, you can control the urge to just jump jump jump!

kinda like 'just say yes' :awesome: