✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can only hope ticket touts out there don't have the same idea as you... :uhoh:

this system worked out fairly well for the Empire gig as the sign up link was kept fairly hush hush & under wraps with The Eskimos telling the SP fan forums not to distribute the link openly. but mainly as it was combined with the very strict ticketing system on event day. but the Empire is a 2,000+ capacity venue...the ticketing system won't be feasible for arenas.

it was a pain to get tickets to the recent Q Awards gig as it is & all came down to luck at the pre-sale, imo.

England & Scotland tour :)

Mailout192_1.jpg

I'm going to be cheeky, buy the CD from the official site to get a password before cancelling under Distance Selling Regulations.

I never thought of doing this as i thought i'm going to wait for the pre sale. But since your mentioned, i'm going to try it, see if it works. :sneaky:

edit: sorry, typo, i mean general sale

No pre-sale link yet :(

I'm guessing they are going to send them out in batches again from tomorrow.

(Like I said, I'm only doing it because I want to see them again, but busy on Friday morning with no access to the computer til at least mid-day)

hopefully the ticket wont sold out that fast for the general sale, as no choice still i have to wait until Friday then. :(

To circumvent the whole January-US-release thing, I've ordered the album off Amazon.co.uk because I just can't wait til January. I got the DVD edition because I was at the RAH for the reworked tour :wacky:. I just hope the DVD is region 0 as the Up To Now and A Hundred Million Suns DVDs were...

I'm really trying not to listen to any of the new stuff any more until I get it, though. I've heard the singles and the EP a few times, but for once in my life, I'm resisting the rest! It seems like a lot of people are digging it, though, so I'm excited :nice:

^^ for the DVD...should it be region locked...you can always watch it on a computer using VLC Player. it will play all region DVDs w/o you needing to use up your preciously limited region change allowance.

having unwittingly heard a few of the new songs already (kinda hard not to listen to them when they play the songs at their gigs... ;) ), definitely am excited for the album! & how time flies! it's out next week...SQUEEEE!!! :dance:

was great to see the interviews they did for the EMAs...Gary & Nathan were clearly very happy & excited for Belfast in the weekend leading to Sunday night. loved how Gary kept mentioning young/indie Northern Irish bands at interviews. & as always, Bradley's photos (all frigging 110 of the!!!) were simply magnificent! :wacky:

that soundcheck/impromtu gig looks awesome from Bradley's photos! & to think Gary, the band put it out there on his Tumblr/their Twitter as an open invite to anyone who's free & in the area to just drop by for the soundcheck....ngngngngngngngngng :bomb: :bigcry: :wacky:

I'm really trying not to listen to any of the new stuff any more until I get it, though. I've heard the singles and the EP a few times, but for once in my life, I'm resisting the rest! It seems like a lot of people are digging it, though, so I'm excited :nice:

Me too!

I saw the clips of the first few songs but refused to touched it. I learnt my lesson from MX. :laugh3:

FE is coming out next Monday for me. Cannot wait! :D Don't think I'll be getting the deluxe edition one though.

If anyone does want to spoil themselves with some clips (even if it is coming out Monday), track 5 (The Garden Rules) is up now, in addition to the 2 I posted yesterday :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF0MLW5kyc8]The Garden Rules[/ame]

^Sounds very promising, it has a folk-ish feel

Is Life-ning already on YT?

Only in live form, I think [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Tqz_Abv0g]Life-ning (live)[/ame] but the band haven't posted a clip yet.

That one's track 8 and they seem to be posting them in threes (except that tracks 2,4 and 6 (COITD, TIEYA and Fallen Empires) are already out there) so I'd guess there'll be a clip about this time tomorrow. :)