✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bush Proposes New Amendment to Congress

punks united

What do those who are against homosexual marriages (as related to the religious aspect) think about official marriage-like relationships between homosexual partners that allow them to be in a different tax class or enjoy other benefits a married heterosexual couple might get?

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, the Massachusetts state supreme court rejected this idea of having a separate piece of paper giving homosexual couples 'civil unions', on the basis that it is not equal to a 'marriage.' and in the eyes of the law, all u.s. citizens are equal.

i'm not gay, so i don't know how gays would react to such a possibility. i don't care for it either way...

What do those who are against homosexual marriages (as related to the religious aspect) think about official marriage-like relationships between homosexual partners that allow them to be in a different tax class or enjoy other benefits a married heterosexual couple might get?

They tend to be divided. This solution does appease some of the critics; however, others are just against the idea of homosexuality and thus don't want to give same-sex couples any rights. In that sense, many people don't think Bush has gone far enough for his amendment still leaves a legally recognized union betweeen people of the same sex that is not called marriage.

nooo...well, mass. supreme court just made this decision like last week...and they can't also write a new law. that now has to be done by mass. legislature, and they would have to. that's why there were so many protests in boston last week.

and then last week, san francisco city government started giving out marriage licenses to gay couples....so that's why now everyone is talking about this topic.

i hope some equitable means are found to accomodate everyone. :/

I just don't think it's fair to treat homosexual people like this, it's like some kind of punishment. "So you want those benefits? Well, only if you become hetero." :confused:

I'm no lesbian, obviously (see sig :P ), but my half sister is, and if she or any other homosexual people wanted to marry or be in a similar official relationship, I'd want them to be happy and to make it possible.

Okay....George Bush proposed an ammendment today to add to the U.S. Constituion, making same sex maririages illegal or uncostitutional.

My thought on this is I agree, but I know many other people won't...so what are your opinion?

XOXO Nikki

I think it is good if he is going to do it. I'm not agains't same sex couples, but they shouldn't be allowed to get married. Marriage is something between a man and a woman. Period.

That's my opinion so don't go trying to change it.

The Spartan soliders were gay? I knew it! I KNEW IT! Mwahahaha. Now that's just funny, considering how much of our society is based on ancient Greek culture. I love finding things out that your elementary school history teachers never told you. I probably didn't even know what gay was back then.

Where do you find this stuff out? Hilarious...Yeah, at our elementary schools, we had lunch aides that would also supervise recess. And there was only one guy, and everybody looked up to him (although he yelled at me once for wandering off of the grounds with my friends, but that's beside the point), but now that I think about it, he was as gay as it gets. And my one friend, who went to a different elementary school, had a fifth grade teacher that would sing "one banana, two banana, three banana, four...I saw a big banana walkin' through the door"...and would dance on his desk. No wonder my friends are so messed up. What was I saying? Oh yeah, the Spartans. I always thought it was weird how the two genders would spend so much time separately.

i

yeah my elemantary school history teacher was gay too.. for real

but seriously

the spartan trainers would fondle the young kids and they'd just grow up to do it to the other trainees

yeah we learned that in my world history class that when the spartan boys would go to train for the army they would be assigned a mentor and a lot of the time the mentors became much more...yuck

agree too

there is a true story where this guy was said by his family to have the qualities of a homosexual even when he was a littlt toddler, but when he was an adult, he got into a car crash and lost all memory of being homosexual...so see u aren't born that way.

yeah we learned that in my world history class that when the spartan boys would go to train for the army they would be assigned a mentor and a lot of the time the mentors became much more...yuck

agree too

yeah but they were the strongest army in the world

maybe the US military needs to be gay?

Haha. With all of the rape cases and "don't ask, don't tell" junk, our military is just exploding.

I think I've only met about two or three openly gay people in my life, and two are in my grade at school. The one dude's cool, but the other's just annoying, thinks everybody is either gay or lesbian, has a messed up fantasy world.

Don't take it the wrong way...I have nothing against them, I'm just really not comfortable around a lot of gay people.