✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bush Proposes New Amendment to Congress

punks united

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric: I have pretty high expectations for you because I see some potential there.

Gaby: I know you don't just tolerate me, though I don't know other people's views well enough to say if I'm tolerated, appreciated, despised or something else. I imagine if varies a little. As long as you and a few others are cool with me, I'm doing OK.

I didn't even see Eric's post. Whoops. :stunned:

Yes, I have high expectations for him too. He definitely has potential. Bit time.

I really don't think anyone despises you. Well, I can think of one person who you could probably guess. And I think how people respond to you should show you whether or not they just tolerate you.

What do you mean by "made that way"?

Your bias here is that you feel procedation is a necessary condition for marriage.

It seems like marriage and reproducing are not necessarily intertwined.

There is a lot of scientific evidence to support the "born that way" point. There is more scientific evidence for that then there is the existence of God. You don't need faith to see that there is a physiological set of conditions which are consistent with those who identify themselves as homosexuals. It doesn't require faith.

Quite frankly, if people are willing to believe you in your claims there is a God, you should believe them in there claims that they're gay. Both conclusions require a certain level of trust in the way the other person sees the world.

ur not getting it...it has nothing to do with God...what i am saying is in nature to keep the species alive u must reproduce...and that only happens btw a male and a female....so if say everyone said they were gay..then the human race would completely die out...do u see what i am saying?

ummm...you don't know how the complex human biology and psychology works, okay!

and what is your point anyways? even if it's their choice, what do you have against it?

and actually...do you have any choice as to who you feel attracted to?? :rolleyes: i can tell you that for me, i can't tell my mind to feel attracted to only a certain subset of girls...no matter what my society has to say about that! :embarrased: :(

you don't know what all these people go through in their lives for having a mind that gets them attracted to fellow men or fellow women, on top of the fact that society tries to snub them....

just think about it...u get peer pressure even for how u are supposed to dress and look. imagine what these people must be going thru when their mind tells them they feel attracted to a guy (or a girl) while the whole society around them tells them to feel attracted to the opposite sex.

it can't be fun!

just try to think from their viewpoint...and have some empathy instead of mouthing out some rubbish written down 2000 years ago....

okay....first off i am christian so obviously i don't see being gay as okay and second of all everybody has those feelings where they are confused and all....but it is a matter of acting on those attractions that u choose to do...i don't believe that God made people gay..i think it is a chosen lifestyle...and u can sit here and say that i am mouthing out some rubbish but is simply what i believe..nothing more

ur not getting it...it has nothing to do with God...what i am saying is in nature to keep the species alive u must reproduce...and that only happens btw a male and a female....so if say everyone said they were gay..then the human race would completely die out...do u see what i am saying?

I see what you're saying.

Two things:

1) You view isn't really a good argument as to why homosexuality is a choice or doesn't exist. All you're saying is that homosexuality is inconsistent with reproduction. I think we can all agree to that.

2) The argument that "if we were all gay" is another huge, inappropriate, red herring. From an evolutionary prespective, that would explaing why homosexuals make up such a small portion of the population. If you think of homosexuality as being akin to the expression of an allele, those number make complete sense. Just a certain small percentage of the world is prone to sickle cell anemia or albnoism, a certain small percentage could be prone to a sexual preference. All three of the conditions mentioned in that sentence are consistent with a "made that way" approach.

okay....first off i am christian so obviously i don't see being gay as okay and second of all everybody has those feelings where they are confused and all....but it is a matter of acting on those attractions that u choose to do...i don't believe that God made people gay..i think it is a chosen lifestyle...and u can sit here and say that i am mouthing out some rubbish but is simply what i believe..nothing more

i hope nobody thinks what you're saying is rubbish. i don't.

i just don't agree.

this is what is wrong with today's evangelical/born-again christians. they want to foist their worldview upon everyone else.

i'm a fundamentalist Hindu, but I don't go tell others what God supposedly wants or doesn't want.

if you're christian, then just order your life around your ideas of perfection...but that shouldn't allow you to drive a whole country's government business on your personal religious views, should it?

if bush feels so nice about being a christian, he should do so in his personal life, not when he's running the White House...that's all i'm saying. I'm not gay, I don't have any friends that are gay, nor any family members. But I still feel empathy for them, and if the U.S. says that it is the land of the free and land of equality, then all its laws should be equal to everyone.