✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bush Proposes New Amendment to Congress

punks united

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree as well.

I certainly don't believe in it... But I DO believe in equal rights. And if the gay community wants them, then I'm behind them and think they deserve them. It's too bad our government's administration is being so damn stubborn about this.

I see nothing in Leviticus 11:10-11 that pertains to shellfish. What translation do you have?

dunno about his version of the bible, but my Good News Bible, published in 1988 says this

You may eat any kind of fish that has fins and scales, but anything living in the water that does not have fins and scales must not be eaten. Such creatures must be considered unclean. You must not eat them or even touch their dead bodies

am also fascinated by this bit, which I definitely don't remember from school

All winged insects are unclean excpet those that hop. You may eat locusts, crickets or grasshoppers.

Jesus is God.

technically incorrect, according to 3 religions.

Judaism doesn't recognise Jesus, they're still waiting for their Messiah.

Christianity belives him to be the son of God.

Islam acknowledges him as a prophet.

technically incorrect, according to 3 religions.

Judaism doesn't recognise Jesus, they're still waiting for their Messiah.

Christianity belives him to be the son of God.

Islam acknowledges him as a prophet.

We were talking about Christianity first of all. Secondly, yes Christ is considered God, because of the Trinity. God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit are all considered to be God, put in one persona. It's a really hard concept to grasp.

We were talking about Christianity first of all. Secondly' date=' yes Christ is considered God, because of the Trinity. God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit are all considered to be God, put in one persona. It's a really hard concept to grasp.[/quote']

this is what GOD means to Christians.. doesn't necessarily mean it IS....

Religion and religous people can sometimes really scare me. It's as if sense flies out of the window sometimes.....so much faith in something which has more gray areas and holes then the official 9/11 report (and thats a whole lot of holes)

People let you down. God doesn't.

yea cuz gay people arent human you know? they are just....there...just air....they arent american citizens at all...they dont pay taxes or contribute to the economy... listening to people say that because THEY are christian gay people shouldnt have the same rights as everyone else is really irritating. If you dont like gay marriage...then DONT MARRY A GUY!!! why do you even care!?!?! it doesnt affect you AT ALL. All this does is it draws the publics attention away from things that really matter, like the iraq situation.

I dont really give a shit, but i do NOT think that it is up to someone else to decide whether or not another american citizen with the RIGHT to marriage can or cannot get married. All american citizens, male or female, have that right.

but a little off subject, i know how everyone feels about illegal aliens. And i can tell you, if you are for deporting them, then i FINALLY AGREE with some of the republicans on the board here. hah. but listen to this, it ties into the alien and the gay marriage thing. I have a friend, well its my girlfriend's friend, and she is legal, but her parents were illegal, they came here and had her. So now she is always talking about, because how she is religious, BORN AND RAISED AMERICAN GAY CITIZENS should not be able to marry, EVEN THOUGH HER PARENTS WERE ILLEGAL TO THIS COUNTRY. I thought that took some nerve, the mexicans who come into the country and DEMAND rights, which is utter bullshit in my opinion, also think that they should be given rights and rights denied to citizens who were born and raised here....i just i had to leave lol, i was about to flip out

yea cuz gay people arent human you know? they are just....there...just air....they arent american citizens at all...they dont pay taxes or contribute to the economy... listening to people say that because THEY are christian gay people shouldnt have the same rights as everyone else is really irritating. If you dont like gay marriage...then DONT MARRY A GUY!!! why do you even care!?!?! it doesnt affect you AT ALL. All this does is it draws the publics attention away from things that really matter, like the iraq situation.

I dont really give a shit, but i do NOT think that it is up to someone else to decide whether or not another american citizen with the RIGHT to marriage can or cannot get married. All american citizens, male or female, have that right.

but a little off subject, i know how everyone feels about illegal aliens. And i can tell you, if you are for deporting them, then i FINALLY AGREE with some of the republicans on the board here. hah. but listen to this, it ties into the alien and the gay marriage thing. I have a friend, well its my girlfriend's friend, and she is legal, but her parents were illegal, they came here and had her. So now she is always talking about, because how she is religious, BORN AND RAISED AMERICAN GAY CITIZENS should not be able to marry, EVEN THOUGH HER PARENTS WERE ILLEGAL TO THIS COUNTRY. I thought that took some nerve, the mexicans who come into the country and DEMAND rights, which is utter bullshit in my opinion, also think that they should be given rights and rights denied to citizens who were born and raised here....i just i had to leave lol, i was about to flip out

Ive changed my mind on gay marriage, not because of you though, lol but i think they should be alowed to get married.

My beef that I've always had isn't about people's morals (because believe me, I realize how hard and almost impossible it is to completely change your belief system), but the fact that people can't realize that it's not really about that... It's about the legality of it. It just goes against what this country was "supposedly" founded on, equality for all, etc etc.

I still think its unnatural and immoral' date=' but damnit i think they should have freedoms.[/quote']

Of course.

If you look at how nature works then obviously it's unnatural.....anybody would be able to see that, it's nature 101.....BUT because somebody has a unknown unstoppable genetic fault then they shouldn't be labelled as sick and immoral - then be made to live their lives without any sexual intimacy or true feeling of love.....surely??

yes?!?.....Then people should stop worrying about how bad they think it is because it's a complete waste of time.

Of course.

If you look at how nature works then obviously it's unnatural.....anybody would be able to see that, it's nature 101.....BUT because somebody has a unknown unstoppable genetic fault then they shouldn't be labelled as sick and immoral - then be made to live their lives without any sexual intimacy or true feeling of love.....surely??

yes?!?.....Then people should stop worrying about how bad they think it is because it's a complete waste of time.

Like i said its not natural. its obviously unnatural.

Well whoop de friggin' do for nature. Since when has the human race ever given a shit about nature, and let that dictate our lives?

If we all went by the theory "The fittest survive" then maybe we should let everyone in Africa suffering from poverty, malaria, AIDS, HIV, and any other assortment of illnesses just die. It's not NATURAL to allow them to live, right? Because nature has dictated that they cannot survive under the circumstances they are put under. We are superior, let 'em rot, right?

No. We don't do that. Because we have souls, we go deeper than nature. We believe in more than that. It's unnatural for someone to rise from the dead? Yet people believe Jesus did? It's not stated in nature that we have SOULS, or a conscience, yet we believe we do.

So who CARES if it's unnatural. We all live our lives by what our souls tell us, not Darwin. Not anyone. If I want to have a relationship with a woman, then I will do it. I wouldn't feel anything unnatural about it. Until you've been there, then you're in NO POSITION to judge or talk about what it's like to be in a same-sex relationship. Or what it's like to harbour feelings for someone of the same sex.

The government should never meddle in the private affairs of American citizens, they should never dictate what you can and can't do in your private life. Marriage has become a legal engagement, I believe that those rules should be changed, changed so that everyone has an equal opportunity to have the same rights. If the word "marriage" is not associated with that legal agreement, then so be it.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN, however, that the government should be passing ammendments that deem "marriage" (which is commonly thought of as a religious ceremony) only for heterosexual couples. They shouldn't be passing laws that have ANYTHING to do with marriage, or sexuality, or religion, or race, or ANY of that. It disturbs me that our government feels that it's so high and mighty that it CAN do that. Are we now all so complacent that we'll sit around and let them do whatever they want? I certainly am not. If the government says that I would never be able to have a religious union with someone of the same sex, and gain those equal rights that I'm being denied due to something so trivial as sexuality then fuck the government. I'll do it anyways. They have NO RIGHT to tell me what I can and can't do.

And that's nobody's problem but mine.

The end.