✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay songs with swearing

CamBowering10

Also Arabesque ("same fucking blood"). These are the only studio releases that have swearing so far, but of course there is also a lot in various live recordings and demos (notably "The Man Who Swears" 😄)

I personally don't mind. In both the Everyday Life songs as well as in People of the Pride it doesn't feel gratuitous, but rather very purposeful to drive home a point/feeling, if you consider the issues these songs are talking about. I actually like it less when it's being used randomly while addressing the audience during live shows.

Unfortunately I forget the CD.. I'm going with my gut here.. it may've been 'Coldplay Live In Buenos Aires' (2018) few swears were spoken.

In the past though I don't consider it a severe swear myself, they wrote a song titled "Idiot". 

For me Coldplay has always been a band that doesn't mind swearing it's only been fairly recently they've included swearing in the album releases during playing, directly in the songs lyrics and the ratings board forced to slap a mature rating sticker on their work.

• Administrators

There's always censored versions! Although, I think these words are part of everyday life and the band shouldn't be scared to include them in their music. Someone being offended by swear words is their own personal problem, not the bands!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 7:50 AM, stephen said:

There's always censored versions! Although, I think these words are part of everyday life and the band shouldn't be scared to include them in their music. Someone being offended by swear words is their own personal problem, not the bands!

There isn't one for people of the pride, not yet though. But i agree, this is your problem not the bands. If you really want you can either edit it yourself to get rid of it or get someone else to. I suggest to replace the swear in people of the pride with "whole" so instead of the original line it says: "There's a man who walks around like he owns the whole lot."

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, DrHarvester said:

There isn't one for people of the pride, not yet though. But i agree, this is your problem not the bands. If you really want you can either edit it yourself to get rid of it or get someone else to. I suggest to replace the swear in people of the pride with "whole" so instead of the original line it says: "There's a man who walks around like he owns the whole lot."

People of the pride censored is on Apple Music. Idk about Spotify.

https://music.apple.com/ie/album/people-of-the-pride/1591893573?i=1591894080