πŸŒ™ COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎡

πŸŒ™ Coldplay: Moon Music 🎡 | Out October 4th | Discussion

Doomotron

1 minute ago, JPA24 said:

Thanks for the clarification, I was looking everywhere and couldn't see where he said 2 albums, that's got me hopeful then.

It would also be very odd for them to have the same collaborations on two albums.

I would not disregard the possibility, Coldplay's first work with Max Martin was on Everyday Life after all.

That's a bit different tho I thought? Because Max is mixing their songs whereas Nile is playing on them, unless he's mixing as well, I'm not really sure on all that technical stuff.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JPA24 said:

That's a bit different tho I thought? Because Max is mixing their songs whereas Nile is playing on them, unless he's mixing as well, I'm not really sure on all that technical stuff.

I just looked into the credits again and he is listed as co-producer and keyboard player for Orphans and COTW.

Β 

Edited by gustavothehuman

On 5/26/2024 at 12:01 AM, JPA24 said:

Why do you think 2 Aliens is unlikely? Will it be on the musical instead?

If you had to guess, what would you say is on the album?

I'm just guessing it's unlikely to be released because it has lyrics from Jupiter, not to mention that the version posted on that site is from the Volume 1 sessions.Β 

Β 

I'd just wait and see, you never know what's going to happen.

4 hours ago, gustavothehuman said:

He actually said two songs. The source was from Germany and I asked a Twitter mutual from there about the correct translation.

He's on a new version of UFO ii and Good Feelings.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, m4racide said:

I'm just guessing it's unlikely to be released because it has lyrics from Jupiter, not to mention that the version posted on that site is from the Volume 1 sessions.Β 

Β 

I'd just wait and see, you never know what's going to happen.

He's on a new version of UFO ii and Good Feelings.

Didn't someone say there's a newer mix of 2 Aliens, or am I confusing that with UFO?

Ah I must be getting mixed up, its not looking good for 2 Aliens then...

I wonder what's the fate for The Only One. We know there's 2023 mixes but it wasn't on the whiteboard from the end of 2023, maybe they couldn't get it to work, or maybe they're saving it for the Musical?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JPA24 said:

Ah I must be getting mixed up, its not looking good for 2 Aliens then...

I wonder what's the fate for The Only One. We know there's 2023 mixes but it wasn't on the whiteboard from the end of 2023, maybe they couldn't get it to work, or maybe they're saving it for the Musical?

I've heard the 2023 mix be referred to as a demo, so take that as you will

I'm not really sure how to take that, I guess it means they're still working on it, as we've also seen Good Feelings and UFO demos and we know they've got later versions.Β 

It could mean anything tbf, I'm not 100% sure it will make the album anymore, my opinion has changed.

8 hours ago, gustavothehuman said:

He actually said two songs. The source was from Germany and I asked a Twitter mutual from there about the correct translation.

He said two records which can mean two albums or two tracks but giving the fact that he previously said he worked on 6 songs for Coldplay makes me think hey meant 2 albumsΒ 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Galal said:

He said two records which can mean two albums or two tracks but giving the fact that he previously said he worked on 6 songs for Coldplay makes me think hey meant 2 albumsΒ 

It's exactly because the translation is "records" that I asked a German mutual about it. They said the original word does not refer to albums in any context.

Β 

Edited by gustavothehuman

We don't know yet. We know they've uploaded 11 tracks to UMPG so the album will probably be 11 tracks. Recently a whiteboard photo from the band leaked (from late 2023 so it could've changed) which is the closest thing we have to a tracklist at the moment. Like the UMPG upload it has 11 songs.Β 

ox8fml4fz02d1.jpeg.ae53d40e303cf0e3da46d1a3e8a88b05.jpeg

1 Moon Music
2 Man in the Moon
3 JupiterΒ 
4 Good Feelings
5 All My Love
x Neon ForestΒ 
x Music
x Angel song
7 We Pray (likely renamed Supernova and featuring Little Simz, possible lead single)
8 Feels Like I'm Falling In LoveΒ 
9 One World

Β 

It's looking like this white board is true then, or very close to it.

I reckon MUSIC is an interlude and is probably the same as A Moon Song.

Looks like The Only One has been replaced with We Pray - which may have been renamed to Supernova - which may also now be the lead single as there were rumours that they were having issues with Jupiter, delayed it and may change it from the lead single.

No UFO ii or 2 Aliens, which seems likely anyway, let's hope they're on the Musical then...

Angels was probably always Angel Song.

No one seems to know anything about Weekday, so I assume it became We Pray

Miserere is apparently an interlude to Robots so should be on the Musical.

No idea what the soundchecked song was, hopefully Man in the Moon otherwise it doesn't look like it's made the cut.

Β 

That's pretty much all the rumoured songs we know about, so the only losses really are UFO ii, 2 Aliens and The Only One, maybe they'll be b sides, maybe they'll still make it, or maybe they'll be saved for LP 11.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JPA24 said:

It's looking like this white board is true then, or very close to it.

I reckon MUSIC is an interlude and is probably the same as A Moon Song.

Looks like The Only One has been replaced with We Pray - which may have been renamed to Supernova - which may also now be the lead single as there were rumours that they were having issues with Jupiter, delayed it and may change it from the lead single.

No UFO ii or 2 Aliens, which seems likely anyway, let's hope they're on the Musical then...

Angels was probably always Angel Song.

No one seems to know anything about Weekday, so I assume it became We Pray

Miserere is apparently an interlude to Robots so should be on the Musical.

No idea what the soundchecked song was, hopefully Man in the Moon otherwise it doesn't look like it's made the cut.

Β 

That's pretty much all the rumoured songs we know about, so the only losses really are UFO ii, 2 Aliens and The Only One, maybe they'll be b sides, maybe they'll still make it, or maybe they'll be saved for LP 11.

What rumor about Jupiter?Β 

I hope they replace feeling in love for the first time with UFO, i only heard snippets of both songs and UFO sounds much more interestingΒ 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ant ICE said:

What rumor about Jupiter?Β 

Someone on "that site" a few weeks ago said the lead single was delayed a month, it was supposed to be out for big weekend, they were having issues with Jupiter so delayed the lead single about a month, and that they may switch it to Good Feelings.

After what happened at big weekend I'm inclined to believe the rumour, and with The Sun reporting that the first single seems to be Supernova / We Pray with Lil Simz, who is also at Glasto, and plays JUST before Coldplay, it all lines up for Supernova / We Pray to be played at Glasto.

• Wow 1

3 minutes ago, Galal said:

I hope they replace feeling in love for the first time with UFO, i only heard snippets of both songs and UFO sounds much more interestingΒ 

Same, they both sound good but UFO sounds better.

FLIFIL also has The Weirdos, which I'd rather they be on LP 11 rather than this. We've already got Angel Moon on one song this album, lets keep it at that. They're bound to be on The Musical a lot, so save that song for that.

Β 

1 hour ago, Famous Old Painter said:

I'm more interested in hearing 2 Aliens than either of them to be honest

I didn't listen to the snippet but i saw people here saying it sounds good.. I think the musical is going to be the most interesting volume of the music of the spheres eraΒ 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Famous Old Painter said:

I'm more interested in hearing 2 Aliens than either of them to be honest

Me too, but it's starting to sound like it's not going to get released at all. As it shares "Love who you love" with Jupiter it would only really make sense on MM as it could be a theme going through the album, so for that reason I can't see it being on the Musical.

Doesn't it have a feature as well? I guess it wouldn't be the first time they scrapped a song with a feature.

• stephen changed the title to πŸŒ™ Coldplay: Moon Music 🎡 | Out October 4th | Discussion