✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

HUH?! Chris in a MOVIE?!

Kettercat

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And speaking of which...

COLDPLAY singer CHRIS MARTIN has teamed up with ASH to cover a 1979 BUZZCOCKS classic for a forthcoming zombie movie.

The star has lent his backing vocals to the Irish rockers version of 'Everybody's Happy Nowadays', due to appear on the soundtrack to Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright's 'Shaun Of The Dead'.

The collaboration follows Martin's recent run of musical pairings, contributing to Ron Sexsmith's 'Gold In Them Hills', Echo And The Bunnymen singer Ian McCulloch's 'Arthur' and 'Sliding' and pop sensation Jamelia's 'See It In A Boy's Eyes'.

As previously reported on NME.COM, Timbaland has also revealed that Coldplay are the only group he wants to collaborate with the moment.

"The only [artist] I'd like to do a song with is Coldplay," he explained. "That's the only one I really want to work with now."

'Shaun Of The Dead' will be released in cinemas on April 9.

And more information...

London's Leicester Square was taken over by zombies last night (Monday) for the world premiere of the first ever rom-zom-com 'Shaun of the Dead'.

It wasn't a huge celebrity event, but the cast were there, along with Chris Martin and the rest of Coldplay. Chris has a cameo in the film and is a mate of Simon Pegg who co-wrote and stars in the film, but he breezed past everyone stopping only to pose for photos.

I'm trying to decide now whether I should go and watch it for a brief Chris moment... and I hate all these Zombie movies :rolleyes:

Bah.

I think I'll just download his bit off the internet or something? :P

Seriously Maya you should!! Simon Pegg is an absolutely amazing comic writer...very funy!!