✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rules for getting over a breakup

Sweet One

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion... :)

The whole "we can still be friends" thing never works. There is always one of you feeling "this could be going somewhere", and most times it never does!

- Cutting your ties totally with the person is a good idea.

It allows you to get on with your life!

- Delete them from a mobile phone/address book/msn/yahoo/aim!

- And also what Kettercat said - get rid of the things that remind you of them!

Friends are a welcome distraction too :D

The whole "we can still be friends" thing never works. There is always one of you feeling "this could be going somewhere"' date=' and most times it never does![/quote']

So true.

I mean, I'm still in touch with someone like that, and although I'm not in love with him anymore, every once in awhile I think, "Maybe we could go back to the way we were... maybe things are heading in the right direction..." and it always breaks my heart.

But then again, it's a one off -- I lost contact with all the others and I'm really glad I did.

Aye what others have said here...being friends straight after a break up is nigh on impossible, too many other feelings are around...want, desire, hopefulness, sadness, etc...cut all ties for a while...depends on how long you went out...I went out with ex 18 months..took 6 months of total non contact before I was able to just talk to her as friends with no thoughts of wanting to get back together..

yup..but now we chat occasionally on MSN, and its fine...I needed those 6 months apart...to sort myself out, cos my life had just gone belly up from the break up and all plans i had washed away.

I've just broken up with someone, but it took SO much out of me...Had to find myself again, sorta. I listened to U2's song Walk On all throughout that day, and by that night I was completely over it. It's amazing what music can do when you've just broken up with someone, or have suffered a breakup, or whatever. Walk On helped me to walk on, and leave it behind. See, I'd left my boyfriend in alot of pain when I broke up with him recently, and I didn't really want to hurt him so bad, but I did...Completely shook me.

I'm just getting over someone I've been in love with for 3 and a half years... I don't want to wait THAT long

awww..i'm sorry to hear that Maya. Yeah. I think that's a bit too long, but who knows..maybe it's different for everyone.