✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rules for getting over a breakup

Sweet One

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to The Scientist last night and I got so emotional..i hadn't listened to it for a long while.

awwww :/

well my experience (of which i don't have much) has been terrible with breakups...it takes too much from me :(

i am very giving, but then i am also very tied-up when i do get to like someone...dunno if this makes sense

anyhow, i need to get back to work....for now :/

Yes, get back to work. Thanks for your input into the topic.

Breakups for me are a weird process. Like I said before, i kinda find myself in this "denial" stage where i think everything's fine, and we'll just be friends, but when i realize that i haven't talked to him in ages, i realize that i might never. And that's when i start feeling it. I guess I don't mourn the end of the relationship, i mourn the end of "us" entirely.

I've tried staying friends with one of my exes, but it's just getting weird. I don't think that "cutting all ties" period was long enough. We literally started hanging out as friends, a week or two after the initial breakup. And now it's all fucked up. :stunned:

I've just broken up with someone' date=' but it took SO much out of me...Had to find myself again, sorta. I listened to U2's song Walk On all throughout that day, and by that night I was completely over it. It's amazing what music can do when you've just broken up with someone, or have suffered a breakup, or whatever. Walk On helped me to walk on, and leave it behind. See, I'd left my boyfriend in alot of pain when I broke up with him recently, and I didn't really want to hurt him so bad, but I did...Completely shook me.[/quote']

The music thing I can relate to but in a different aspect...I can't hear Jewel of Shaqira anymore without being reminded of the break up, cos those were the 2 albums in my ex's car that she listened to before we broke up..so i try and avoid them...ironic considering Jessy's board name and the artist she likes...so I'm trying to make new associated feelings with Jewel and jessy :)

yes, but i'm talking about the face... :-)

she can change her hair color anytime, almost! lol

and she's not that blonde either...i mean, she's got dark-brown/blonde hair, and as far as i know, she wants or likes to have black hair! lol

just the face and how she's looking and that smile...reminds me of jessy... :/

and yep...got a training to attend...its kinda mandatory, but it's so boring...it's full of shit, really.

but one of the guys here got fired yesterday :stunned: so we're all on the edge about our careers :stunned:

ohhh and about rules for getting over a breakup, i'd say:

1. self-control

2. self-knowledge

3. self-respect

and i understand how hard it can be to lose all 3 when you're thinking not thru your brain but thru your heart or if you're not thinking at all...when you're just wishing and hoping that things can get better, that circumstances will work out for you...

nope, they hardly ever do. and i say this even though i'm a romantic and an optimist... :/

plus, a lot depends on how adamant the two people are. i doubt there are more specific rules then this....different situations call for different approaches... :)

and i understand how hard it can be to lose all 3 when you're thinking not thru your brain but thru your heart or if you're not thinking at all...when you're just wishing and hoping that things can get better, that circumstances will work out for you...

nope, they hardly ever do. and i say this even though i'm a romantic and an optimist...

Wow... :stunned:

Nelly Furtado looks like a young Courtney Cox to me :)

yeah...she does look a little like her, too! lol

but not quite as much as the resemblance between jessy and her...IMHO :cool:

I can see it a bit in Laura's avatar. Jessy doesn't want dark hair tho..i did say dark or blond when she said she wanted to dye it..she's gone for a redder colour tho.

I'm just getting over someone I've been in love with for 3 and a half years... I don't want to wait THAT long

awww..i'm sorry to hear that Maya. Yeah. I think that's a bit too long, but who knows..maybe it's different for everyone.

It's okay, it's for the best :) it's just too bad that I'm losing a lover and a great friend at the same time. And seeing as I'm just graduating right now, I guess I'll never see him again.