busybeeburns

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

nav_leaf.gifsigur rós win quiz show

13 June 2009

sigur-ros-popppunktur-th.jpgsigur rós competed in the icelandic music quiz show popppunktur last night. on popppunktur two bands compete against one another answering questions about pop music. sigur rós minus jónsi (overseas at the time) went up against the 80s pop group áhöfnin á halastjörnunni and won 31-15, correctly answering questions about manic street preachers, dolly parton, eurovision, rolling stones, frank sinatra and simply red, to name a few. fun segments included kjartan making a surprisingly impressive long jump towards an easy question, and sigur rós having to perform an impromptu version of an old song by folk pop singer bubbi morthens.

sigur rós will compete on popppunktur again later in the summer when the semi-finals start. other bands competing this season include múm, fm belfast and sprengjuhöllin.

you can watch the show here (windows media stream)

nav_leaf.gifbest icelandic album

19 June 2009

as ágætis byrjun celebrates its 10th anniversary it has just been voted the best icelandic album of all time in a survey by the icelandic national radio and tonlist.is. the list of the 100 best icelandic albums was based on the opinion of 100 experts the press and music industry as well as a public vote. in addition to ágætis byrjun, með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust was in 9th place and takk… was in 20th place.

a similar survey on the best icelandic albums was conducted in 2001 with the same conclusion: ágætis byrjun is the best icelandic album of all time.

here are some previous responses to that very question ;)

their most accesible ones(albums) are takk and með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust

but for me their best is agaetis byrjun

listen to hopippolla first, if you like it then we talk

I also suggest checking out Svefn-G-Englar, Viorar vel til loftarasa, Olsen Olsen, Glosoli and Saeglopur.

gobbledigook and Við spilum endalaust suppose... I suggest for now Inní mér syngur vitleysingur if you like it come back for more suggestions

give these a try...

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

nav_leaf.gif [/url]sigur rós win quiz show[/b]

13 June 2009

sigur-ros-popppunktur-th.jpgsigur rós competed in the icelandic music quiz show popppunktur last night. on popppunktur two bands compete against one another answering questions about pop music. sigur rós minus jónsi (overseas at the time) went up against the 80s pop group áhöfnin á halastjörnunni and won 31-15, correctly answering questions about manic street preachers, dolly parton, eurovision, rolling stones, frank sinatra and simply red, to name a few. fun segments included kjartan making a surprisingly impressive long jump towards an easy question, and sigur rós having to perform an impromptu version of an old song by folk pop singer bubbi morthens.

sigur rós will compete on popppunktur again later in the summer when the semi-finals start. other bands competing this season include múm, fm belfast and sprengjuhöllin.

you can watch the show here (windows media stream)

nav_leaf.gifbest icelandic album

19 June 2009

as ágætis byrjun celebrates its 10th anniversary it has just been voted the best icelandic album of all time in a survey by the icelandic national radio and tonlist.is. the list of the 100 best icelandic albums was based on the opinion of 100 experts the press and music industry as well as a public vote. in addition to ágætis byrjun, með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust was in 9th place and takk… was in 20th place.

a similar survey on the best icelandic albums was conducted in 2001 with the same conclusion: ágætis byrjun is the best icelandic album of all time.

not only icelandic ;)

PS: chris, your avi :lol:

their most accesible ones are takk and með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust

but for me their best is agaetis byrjun

same for me

and the EP Hvarf/Heim is so great and amazing

i'm into Sigur Ros for 6 months and i really like this band soon as much as Coldplay maybe :thinking: