✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha! I was just running through some pitchfork reviews and found this:

"Glosoli" is the record's shining center, a rapturous, tinkling swirl, with Birgisson's high, squeaky howls (sounding perfectly thin and kitten-y) shooting through a thick, stomping mess of chimes and echoing guitar. The song builds slowly, finally bursting in a deafening explosion of heavily-distorted guitar slams (think, oddly, of Coldplay-- particularly the end of A Rush of Blood to the Head's "Politik").

ha! I was just running through some pitchfork reviews and found this:

"Glosoli" is the record's shining center, a rapturous, tinkling swirl, with Birgisson's high, squeaky howls (sounding perfectly thin and kitten-y) shooting through a thick, stomping mess of chimes and echoing guitar. The song builds slowly, finally bursting in a deafening explosion of heavily-distorted guitar slams (think, oddly, of Coldplay-- particularly the end of A Rush of Blood to the Head's "Politik").

:confused: that's quite a review!

why don't I save those noobie recommendation posts we keep rewriting? :P *goes back to find older posts* :escaping:...

:escaping2: here....

Probably Takk... followed by Agaetis Byrjun, all their albums are amazing though. But the general consensus is that these two are the best. ( ) is darker, minimalist and post-rocky, and meo suo i eyrum... is their most accessible and upbeat album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
ricardo;3069572

their most accesible ones
(albums)
are takk and með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust

but for me their best is agaetis byrjun

listen to hopippolla first, if you like it then we talk

:

Quote:
I also suggest checking out Svefn-G-Englar, Viorar vel til loftarasa, Olsen Olsen, Glosoli and Saeglopur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
ricardo;2985493

gobbledigook and Við spilum endalaust suppose... I suggest for now Inní mér syngur vitleysingur if you like it come back for more suggestions

:

Quote:
give these a try...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCZuonTZvGQ]
YouTube - Sigur Ros - Svefn-G-Englar (Tribute)
[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFOvdSCOfpk]
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0AZIFmkogY]
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN3rfYqy-AU]
YouTube - Sigur Ros - Hafsól - Video by NiHiLi
[/ame]

hope that helps... :escaping3:

I still can't get into Von after such a long time...

^same here. I like the song Von but the Hvarf - Heim version <3

I actually much prefer the von version, its such a refreshing change from predictable climaxes, and you can really savor the simple brilliance of the arrangement, a priceless intimacy like all alright or vaka. Obviously its not to be compared with the other albums, they were on the verge of scrapping it altogether...its mostly just amelodic original ambient recordings with three or four roughly sketched out songs. However if you approach it as just that, and not as what you hoped it would be (pun), you can actually really appreciate the originality and innovativeness artiness of the work. On tired evenings when I'm not quite up for the emotional intensity of even the softest or poppiest sigur ros song, I'll switch to this album and adore it for its cool sounds and contrast from everything else they ended up doing. Tracks like the opener seem to almost expand on brian eno concepts, but in ways he probably never imagined.

Eeeehhhh... if i ever need something like that I just listen to Nyja Lagid or Hljomalind (1999 live) <3

I'm not gonna lie, actually just last night i was feeling super down and i listened to Nyja Lagid right before I went to sleep and I cried like a baby but I felt so much better... true story.

• 4 weeks later...

awesome new sig eddie.

I'd have to say either Staralfur, Viorar vel til Loftarasa, Ara Batur, Andvari....Takk easily is the best album string wise, but I'll go with the first two I just mentioned, Staralfur getting extra points for having a palindromic section, and samskeyti as an honorable mention, because the strings are soul crushingly beautiful.