busybeeburns

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the sigur ros site?

Edit: Just found it

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/news/

and why the hell jonsi loves children so much?

lol, I love how they use children in videos like vaka and glosoli (and very old children in hoppipolla :P). Its hard not to sound like a pedophile when you say it, but they're just amazingly beautiful and innocent. A sort of child-like playfulness and innocence is apparent in so many of their songs, and its something that you envy the second you grow older.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkGOiS75Lwk]YouTube - Michael Jackson - Beat It[/ame]

:P

now back to topic I prefer Sigur Ròs than Jonsi and the other guy on their own

I'm really glad that Jonsi is creating instrumental ambient pieces. Their music is already so ethereal and rich in texture, and ambient music offers up so much more freedom and options than pop/rock structures. Naturally the tracks won't be quite as lovable as hoppipolla and so on, but I'm really curious to see what amazing sounds they can create without having to worry about time, rythm, structure or songs.

That'll be back when the next sigur ros album comes out. In the meantime, I think its pretty cool that all that is being ripped out for this project (not that there weren't angelic voices in the sample track) so he has no choice but to invent something new instead of relying on what they've already done well many times over.

BTW, listening to Glosoli at night is an inhuman experience. I was just walking along looking at the beautiful lights, trees and buildings of my campus, and when the guitar broke free at the end I found myself sprinting as fast as I could down the walkways... letting the world fly-by with the energy of the music was just surreal!

I induced my little sister to listen to Sigur Rós :cool2:

Yay, it's always good to recruit people :D

BTW, listening to Glosoli at night is an inhuman experience. I was just walking along looking at the beautiful lights, trees and buildings of my campus, and when the guitar broke free at the end I found myself sprinting as fast as I could down the walkways... letting the world fly-by with the energy of the music was just surreal!

Those moments are amazing- with any music, actually. But there's something about sigur ros that just fills you with some kind of strange emotion, and gives you energy. It's inexplicable.

Not only with Glosoli, for me vaka or hafsol :) i clearly understand you! its hard to explain what i feel when i hear Sigur Ros hehe, thats why i love them so much

Yay, it's always good to recruit people :D

Those moments are amazing- with any music, actually. But there's something about sigur ros that just fills you with some kind of strange emotion, and gives you energy. It's inexplicable.

I think they are aliens

i've been on a ridiculously huge sigur ros kick this past week. i don't know what started it, but i can't get enough, and i'm back on a huge iceland kick, too. i've been planning to go to iceland next spring for a few years now, but sigur ros inspired me to start looking at travel packages :lol:

Can I come in your suitcase? :wacky:

I think, out of all things, the Heima DVD is what ultimately made me want to go to Iceland. It looks so isolated and beautiful.