*~ The David Bowie Thread ~*

::Hayley::

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump

Well I have listened to little else other than Bowie for a while now ... I really wish I could see him live someday, he has so many great albums my favourites at the moment are Ziggy stardust, Hunky Dory, Low, Heathen. Oh and I believe it's his 64th birthday on Saturday :nice:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Unreleased David Bowie LP 'Toy' Leaks OnlineScrapped album features new versions of Bowie's obscure early material

David Bowie's Toy, an album that was originally intended to be released in 2001, has leaked online. A high-quality rip of the full 14-track record surfaced on bit torrent sites on Sunday, much to the delight of Bowie completists around the world.

The album – a set featuring re-recorded and significantly revamped versions of some of Bowie's earliest and most obscure songs – was shelved due to a dispute with Virgin, his label at the time. Though two tracks on Toy – "Uncle Floyd" and "Afraid" – were eventually reworked for his 2002 album Heathen and three others – "Baby Loves That Way," "Shadow Man" and "You've Got A Habit of Leaving" – were released as B-sides for that album's singles, the majority of the record has not been available until now.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/unreleased-david-bowie-lp-toy-leaks-online-20110322

• 9 months later...